Thread: To Botet team version . Feedback and crash observations and possible solutions.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Default To Botet team version . Feedback and crash observations and possible solutions.

The main crash observed is related to random save crashes.

In observation I noticed that when saving after i pushed the s button after the control the screen moves down.

I than speculated if it was related to the keys preferences. upon observing they preferences i noticed the additional scripting for keys and for the battle editor. which may be related to a startup crash as well. the crash log noted certain missing cursors for battle editing but no apparent error other than system repeat error.

So i copied out and deleted the preference folder so the mod parses the parent folder in the medieval 2 vanilla folder.

the strategy map glitch is gone related to the S button working while saving.

will keep you updated on whether that possibly fixes the save crashes and random startup crashes.

ALSO ....

placing in a comprehensive log file setting involving trace and script fails to generate an extensive file. Perhaps Gigantus could help with making a script trace log option work. it would be very helpful to troubleshoot better.
    Last edited by Valiant Champion; April 21, 2023 at 11:49 AM.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: To Botet team version . Feedback and crash observations and possible solutions.

after everything the only thing i solved was the cursor issue.

all the errors are crashes are pointing to the campaign and the bai scripting for campaign and battle as well as all the game files linked to their triggers, counters.

i wonder if anyone has ever made a sandbox version where the campaign and bai scripting was gutted out.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!