Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total War: Pharaoh leaked!

Default Total War: Pharaoh leaked!

The next Total War game has been accidentally leaked by CA itself:

I'm assuming they are going to announce it officially next week, on Tuesday, so there's a high chance that it will be released this year, perhaps in November. Judging from the title, I assume it has been inspired from Troy, but it's not part of the Saga franchise, which has been probably ditched by CA. I'm guessing it's going to focus on Bronze Age Egypt. Given the less ambitious scope of these games, I am expecting a map centered around the eastern Mediterranean Sea, including Egypt, eastern Libya, the Levant (Syria, Phoenicia and Palestine), Cyprus and southern Anatolia. As for the playable factions, I am betting Ramses II will be the main protagonist. If the battle of Kadesh, the most iconic military confrontation of the era, is the scene for the first game-play show, then the Hittites (Suppiluliuma or Muwatalli) will be the second faction to be revealed. The Sea Peoples look like the ideal candidate for a destructive horde, similar to the Chaos Warriors, so I'm wondering if they will be the pre-order bribe. Finally, a Levantine faction (Philistines, Canaanites or Israelites?) is going to be necessary, in order to fill the gap in Greater Syria.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; May 19, 2023 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Tomorrow is Saturday, my sweet prince.

Default Re: Total War: Pharaoh leaked!

Nice find. I'll put in my 'TW games most likely that I'll never play' category though, alongside the most recent historical titles.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Bronze Age sounds interesting, will be observed.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Are you sure they are not trolling? If anything, that sounds more like a campaign mod for Troy, with a different map.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

We'd probably see all the way up to Black Sea coast of Anatolia given the historical boundaries of the Hittites:

Or they would cut it somewhere in the middle but it could be hard to not touch the Greek states.
    The Armenian Issue

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I hope that in the middle of the Nile river Heliopolis Achaean mercenary/trade colony will apear. New findings revealed the Pharaohs had many "greek" mercenaries use as heavy infantry giving them trade benefits in exchange.
    Lets see how accurate this game will be.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post

Or they would cut it somewhere in the middle but it could be hard to not touch the Greek states.

WHAT Greek states in the age of the Pharaos? We were still on trees. Not even the Ionians have shown up in Greece by 2500BC.

The entire world was empty. What would we conquer? Villages of 150 stone age people?
    Last edited by alhoon; May 19, 2023 at 01:56 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Well a map of an Total War Pharao will probably also include Kush and Libya with Egpyt in its center.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    WHAT Greek states in the age of the Pharaos? We were still on trees. Not even the Ionians have shown up in Greece by 2500BC.
    The entire world was empty. What would we conquer? Villages of 150 stone age people?
    The Battle of Kadesh is dated 1274 BC. By this time there were already Mycenean strongholds on the Aegean coast. Miletus?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    The Battle of Kadesh is dated 1274 BC. By this time there were already Mycenean strongholds on the Aegean coast. Miletus?
    1274BC? That's at the end of the Bronze Age. The Minoans have been already come and gone by then. Much better period, I think, as there are Empires with some decent "cities"
    The world had like 50-100M people at the time, with Middle East perhaps 10% or so of them, so 5 million in total.
    You know, about as many people as in Phoenix, Arizona.

So, I guess, at that time, you can stick like 100-150 settlements, most of which crap towns of 1000-2000 people of course.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 19, 2023 at 04:16 PM.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Any interest I would have in a project like this would come from how it is executed in mechanics. Without a sizable difference from what has already been done, I see no reason to be particularly roused by the prospect of a new title.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

For our friend PointOfViewGun.

Also Naucratis.
    Nottice that the 1st settlement dated in 1600 BC.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; May 20, 2023 at 03:59 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Well spotted, that's an interesting development. If this will be the next historical game (as opposed to someone trying out the system for managing the list of Total War games using a placeholder name, and accidentally choosing a setting which people can see), I'll be interested to see how chariot warfare will be represented, considering that:

I use a clip from Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014) as an example of this popular vision of the chariot: the chariotry first devastate the enemy with a massive arrow volley and then crash through their infantry-line effortlessly using the raw weight of the chariots. Very tank-like! This is also exactly how ‘chariot’ units function in most Total War games: they have massive ‘charge bonuses’ and high ‘mass’ but low base attack and defensive stats, making them devastating in impact but vulnerable if they get stuck or stick around.

The only problem is that this vision of chariot warfare has almost nothing to do with actual ancient chariots.

- Bret Devereaux, Collections: Ancient ‘Tanks’? Chariots, Scythed Chariots and Carroballistae
    He goes on to say that historical chariots were light and fast, so they would have been mainly used for throwing spears or firing arrows, not melee attacks.

What sort of unit types can we expect? I'm imagining chariots (which could beat infantry with ranged attacks), spear infantry (which could beat chariots in melee) and axemen (which would beat spears from the flanks and rear). Is that right - and would there be more types of units? Did different nations in this era have different units or tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Well spotted, that's an interesting development. If this will be the next historical game (as opposed to someone trying out the system for managing the list of Total War games using a placeholder name, and accidentally choosing a setting which people can see), I'll be interested to see how chariot warfare will be represented, considering that:

He goes on to say that historical chariots were light and fast, so they would have been mainly used for throwing spears or firing arrows, not melee attacks.

What sort of unit types can we expect? I'm imagining chariots (which could beat infantry with ranged attacks), spear infantry (which could beat chariots in melee) and axemen (which would beat spears from the flanks and rear). Is that right - and would there be more types of units? Did different nations in this era have different units or tactics?
    In the Kadesh batte in hierogliphic scrip we read the Egyptian Chariots and Infantry were part of Divisions with spesific names.
    The chariots of each "nation" had to do with the opponets and the geography restrictions. While we read in the Hittite clay scripts that Acheans came with a deal for the Troy region (that explains both Hercules myth also the Isiodos mantion that Thessalians massively migraded to Troy making the Trojian war a Greek civil war) each of the opponets used chariots with ddifferent way. Greeks used chariots mo0re likely like the 15th century knights duels. Massive assault with Palton spears (3 m stick with 1.5 m soearhead) . Egyptians had a different terain that allowed light chariots running in the vast plains ussing the combposite bow as advandage. Hittites and Assyrians that had to deal with both chariot opponets had chariots that had 3 men personel one dealing with the bow and the 2nd with a lance.

Hopefully a full historical title. I liked Troy but I think going historic is better for this one.

I hope the next game will be medieval 3

Is this map accurate?

No because i separates Dorians from the rest of the Greeks. In fact the Dorians were exiled primary from Pellloponese and migraded to the north and Thessaly to come back with new forces and take power of certain areas (politicaly) like the Spartoi that were Dorians that ruled a sea of Ionian and Achean tribes and created the known state of Sparta known best as Lacedaimon. The Spartoi Dorians were disstinquished by their shield with the "Dragon"(aka snake).

Only their Doric race could give Spartan Kings.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; May 27, 2023 at 09:55 AM.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

For history lovers, enjoy. Completely free. Ancient Egyptian Sea Power and the Origin of Maritime Forces

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Knowing C.A and I admire them enormously, but the lack of historical accuracy has always saddened me! the lack of coracles from various titles for one!
    If they add pharaohs such as Tutankhamun, i'll warrant he will be like the old batman series version?

Quite large image really! and all that.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; July 07, 2023 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typo

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast