Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Republican candidates

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: The Republican candidates

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    3.2% is momentum?
    The article has him at 10% in the early states.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Thin polling from a N grade organization. Overall its the MSM likes horse reporting more than expensive actual journalism. Scott's got some money but basically so far he is just drifting under the Radar. Also from what can see he has articualed much of any policies so he has not actually alienated anyone yet.
    Last edited by conon394; July 24, 2023 at 07:27 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/24/u...andidates.html

7 candidates for August Rep debates. Trump has so far not signed the pledge to support the nominee.
    To be honest, even if he signs it he will not support the nominee if it isn't him, unless if the reason he isn't the nominee is that he is in prison or disqualified other ways.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

But the fact is none of the those seven comand the cult of personality Trump has. You are not in SE Idaho - drive about I see Trump signs all over , talk to locals I know are Republican primary voters and its Scott who? I doubt prison will dent his numbers with the hard core primary base.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Nothing will dent Trump's cult numbers. However, if he is in prison or disqualified for running SOMEONE should win.
    As the article says, Trump practically has no reason to be on that stage. He is already the nominee.

However, for the 30% chance that Trump will be unable to run (For legal reasons or even health reasons at his age) someone should be ready to jump up.

https://www.newsweek.com/jesse-watte...l-fact-1815065

Fox News' Jesse Watters has been criticized after saying it is "historical fact" that slaves benefited from skills they learned while in bondage.
    His comments come after Vice President Kamala Harris and others slammed Republican efforts to overhaul educational standards, referring to changes in Florida's curriculum as "propaganda."
    The Florida Board of Education has approved a revised Black history curriculum to satisfy legislation signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis, who has decried "woke" education.
    The new standards include instruction to middle school students about how slaves "developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit," according to a document on the Florida Department of Education's website.
    Calling it now, by 2028 if not sooner Republicans will be openly pro-slavery and campaign on repealing the 13th amendment.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

They won't pro-slavery because the Democrats have already instituted the prison-slave system.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

They won't pro-slavery because the Democrats have already instituted the prison-slave system.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Nothing will dent Trump's cult numbers. However, if he is in prison or disqualified for running SOMEONE should win.
    As the article says, Trump practically has no reason to be on that stage. He is already the nominee.

However, for the 30% chance that Trump will be unable to run (For legal reasons or even health reasons at his age) someone should be ready to jump up.
    On problem is is Trump is fund raising on his legal issues and seemingly is sucking up a potential Republican money that could be going to down ballet candidates.

The Dems seem to a bad job of the 50 state approach. If Trump is really distorting republican money flows to the bitter end Dems need shoe in candidates sitting big money to pony up to tn national committee so it can be redistributed.

Anyone watched the Republican debate and can give a synopsis?

I didn't watch it but from what I read in a couple of articles, Fox thinks none of the Candidates for Trump's vice president made a strong case for himself or herself.
    Man, what a burn. But yes, at this point, with Trump at 60% and nobody above 25% this debate was more "Republicans debate on who should be Trump's pick for VP" and less "Republicans debate on who should be the nominee if Trump goes to prison."
    Because let's be honest: At least at this point, it is inconceivable that if Trump is not stopped from running he would lose to someone from the pack.

I don't watch Republican events for the same reason I don't drink from the toilet, but from everything I'm reading they were all trying to do their best Trump impersonation and didn't rise to the level of Alec Baldwin, and Desantis in particular bombed.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I don't watch Republican events for the same reason I don't drink from the toilet, but from everything I'm reading they were all trying to do their best Trump impersonation and didn't rise to the level of Alec Baldwin, and Desantis in particular bombed.
    From various articles, I read that DeSantis did not bomb... be he wasn't anything special either which for the 2nd-place dude is a problem.

Was actually going to watch but had too many last minute things pile up and spent the evening running around town for stuff. But from the what I've seem Jersey guy and Pence really did the best - more or less making clear they were actually running for president and not to just be a Trump lacky. De Santis seems to have not really managed much of anything no thuds but no memorable points.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    ???
    Look into the for-profit prison system
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Look into the for-profit prison system
    Correct, conservative southerners put the for profit prison system in place to replace chattel on the plantations. A system conservatives continue to champion and rake in donations from.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nikki-hal...164334052.html

Nikki proposes increasing the retirement age. For young people at least. Her generation still gets to retire in their 60s.

This is the second time Nikki proposed cutting benefits to the younger generations. Nikki has also advocated that the younger generation take social security cuts while her generation does not.

Why does my generation have wait to retire longer and get less benefits than the older generation who ed up spending?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nikki-hal...164334052.html

Nikki proposes increasing the retirement age. For young people at least. Her generation still gets to retire in their 60s.

This is the second time Nikki proposed cutting benefits to the younger generations. Nikki has also advocated that the younger generation take social security cuts while her generation does not.

Why does my generation have wait to retire longer and get less benefits than the older generation who ed up spending?
    Foolish question. Because it allows her to retire in peace.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Foolish question. Because it allows her to retire in peace.
    It's a great thing then that you can't win elections with just the older generations anymore. Nikki is going to have to convince the very voters she wishes to screw over to vote for her. Millennials and Gen Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    It's a great thing then that you can't win elections with just the older generations anymore. Nikki is going to have to convince the very voters she wishes to screw over to vote for her. Millennials and Gen Z.
    Pro-business politicians (practically everyone in USA, from both parties thanks to the sick mentality that a pro-profit business is somehow better for one's interests than the state) are convincing tens of millions of voters they wish to screw over to vote for them in every election.

Pro-business politicians (practically everyone in USA, from both parties thanks to the sick mentality that a pro-profit business is somehow better for one's interests than the state) are convincing tens of millions of voters they wish to screw over to vote for them in every election.
    You are a bit out of touch on the democratic side of that argument.. or you think Bill Clinton is still the US president (or maybe Carter)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast