Thread: Rome ReMastered Traits Anomaly

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Default Rome ReMastered Traits Anomaly

In modding Rome Remastered, I encountered an anomaly in the Trait files. The Merchant traits ported from MTW2 are missing from both text/export_vnvs.txt and data/export_descr_vnvs_enums.txt, yet no CTD??? How is this possible, considering when editing Traits we are told they are required(those 2 files)-going by the guides?

Has RR a new file hidden in a Pak file or something? Has editing traits for RR changed?

Cheers

Phil

Foederatus

Default Re: Rome ReMastered Traits Anomaly

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    In modding Rome Remastered, I encountered an anomaly in the Trait files. The Merchant traits ported from MTW2 are missing from both text/export_vnvs.txt and data/export_descr_vnvs_enums.txt, yet no CTD??? How is this possible, considering when editing Traits we are told they are required(those 2 files)-going by the guides?

Has RR a new file hidden in a Pak file or something? Has editing traits for RR changed?

Cheers

Phil
    I have by chance gotten an odd error. It reads like this:
    Generic Error:

HomeSettlementBuildingExists needs a settlement.
    (temple_of_battle)
    This error pointed at the merchant trait trigger, it alos showed this error without the use of mods. But for some reason this error hadn't appeared before, for whatever reason.

Commenting out these triggers in EDCT fixed the errors (were around 20 triggers)
    It seems as if there may be errors in RR, but the errors may take a while to surface in the form of an error message?

I only started modding RTW/RR again a few days ago, I am unaware whether this has to do with some new patch or something or if it's been there for a while now.

Another thing I noticed with my own modded map was that I was getting an intermittent error about a settlement label missing, but the map seemed to just work? So it may be that missing VnV's now don't cause a crash anymore but now display the line of code instead?
    Last edited by Letalis; September 13, 2023 at 02:54 PM. Reason: I nwated to add some more info without creating a new post, to keep the thread from clogging up too much

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Rome ReMastered Traits Anomaly

Yeah, I get some HomeSettlement errors, but did not know they were due to Merchants, I missed that. God, I will have to go through the triggers.

I am not good at mapping so I can't help with your second issue.