Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ahsoka TV series!

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: Ahsoka TV series!

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I can't help but have the feeling of watching a series that could be great being sabotaged. It has characters that half the internet and a large part of the world's population should be drooling over, great actors (and at least competent actors), an interesting plot, great music, excellent photography, ... and suddenly a tremendously stupid dialogue appears, a guy says his phrase three seconds late, a quest that is presumed legendary lasts like two hours, the supervillain looks like an administrator with a cheap mask...
    Idunno Lavrenity Beria looed like a administrator with cheap glasses.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Idunno Lavrenity Beria looed like a administrator with cheap glasses.
    and someone like that (a modest-looking, well-mannered guy) would make a great villain in some movie, but I think something else is expected in Star Wars. Not all of them have to be something "terrible" like Darth Vader or instantly creepy like Palpatine, but that man made me want to pat him on the back, I would have no problem having coffee with him.

I remembered this morning who he reminded me first time I saw him, Data from Star Trek

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

and someone like that (a modest-looking, well-mannered guy) would make a great villain in some movie, but I think something else is expected in Star Wars. Not all of them have to be something "terrible" like Darth Vader or instantly creepy like Palpatine, but that man made me want to pat him on the back, I would have no problem having coffee with him.

I remembered this morning who he reminded me first time I saw him, Data from Star Trek
    But that got big gloomy to vison quest ex Jedi guy, slightly spaced out angry apprentice to ex jedi guy, some creepy looking witches and one who never played tie fighter (who calls off the fighters to try and shoot down a small ship with a turbo lasers - really battle of endor much intensify forward fire - yep worked well), and so really team bad really does need a competent administrator. They got creepy and a competent force user who at least can so far match Asoka.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Blog Entries

The witches could be the only ones I wouldn't get into an elevator with, given what I've seen so far. (and yes, indeed the series needs someone to put a little order there, yisus).

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Why is the Empire using an alien in a high rank? I thought they were a metaphor for nazis.
    Also, blue is one of the least intimidating colors; if anything, it alludes to serenity and peace.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Blog Entries

Exactly my point

Seriously, should we argue that the bad guys (palpatine, dv, this really sad guy) are always part ot a fascist organization?
    Last edited by mishkin; September 27, 2023 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Why is the Empire using an alien in a high rank? I thought they were a metaphor for nazis.
    Also, blue is one of the least intimidating colors; if anything, it alludes to serenity and peace.
    He still has the Alt Right haircut(ok looks more Steven Seagal cut after looking closely), and if you look carefully he looks a bit like Elon Musk.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

‘That’s just a blue Elon Musk!’ – the real-life people behind TV and film’s biggest baddies | Television | The Guardian
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; September 27, 2023 at 07:40 AM.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

The Empire was not 100% racist. Many higher positions were held by non-humans. Thrawn just had to work harder to get that promotion.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Blog Entries

Now I don't know if you're joking. Is there really supposed to be racism in the empire?

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    nothing related to this guy turns out well

--------------------

Episode 7: cool characters and lightsabers spoiled by a stupid script, stupid dialogue and embarrassing nods to the past. There will be more content in fifty years and they will continue to link it to the characters from the original trilogy. Move on guys.
    Last edited by mishkin; September 27, 2023 at 09:04 AM.

So far I am still annoyed how can the witches know Asoka (from a different galaxy) was coming and find her but seemingly just Ezra chill 20 miles away from them? Would a been a lot easier to kill one jedi w/o a saber and only some friendly turles any time before he friends arrived.

And what alhoon no argument that Ashoka got through the mine field to easy?
    Last edited by conon394; September 27, 2023 at 09:05 AM.

Now I don't know if you're joking. Is there really supposed to be racism in the empire?
    Yeap. The Galactic Empire was giving more positions and power to humans. There were still many and powerful aliens but the path was harder than for humans. Give it a few generations and it would have been human dominance.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Blog Entries

All morning indignant thinking about the clumsiness of the scriptwriters/writers who presented a world in which a not evolved human race was dominant in a galaxy full of different races until I remembered that Star Wars is not science fiction but fantasy/adventures. Wookiee grunts are supposed to be a complex language and half meter beings with difficulty holding a bowl are masters in the use of sabers, mishkin!!
    Last edited by mishkin; September 29, 2023 at 04:00 AM.

As a non-fan (I haven't watched any SW movie in full, nor any episode of its series), I formed my opinion on the Empire by the first trilogy, where afaaik there are no non-human beings in high-ranking positions.
    The first trilogy doesn't even have a female as member of the Empire's military/staff, nor any non-white.
    It seems that this gradually changed, given in the Disney trilogy there are women, non-whites and even non-humans (Snoke) in the military (Snoke, ridiculously, is the head of the new Empire ).
    My point was that if you make the Empire/derivatives more inclusive, it is obviously to the expense of viewing it as a (metaphor of a) nazi/fascist side, which it appears they were in the original trilogy.
    Last edited by Kyriakos; September 29, 2023 at 04:26 AM.
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Snoke was a deformed human, Kyriake.

Blog Entries

I'm afraid that Star Wars neither works as science fiction nor as a denunciation of fascism (much less racism, misogyny, etc.). It has never been much more than an adventure saga.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Snoke was a deformed human, Kyriake.
    You know which other empire thought a person could never become emperor if deformed? The byzantine empire, in the case of Justinian B' the slit-nosed; it's why when he got deposed he was simply exiled.
    They were wrong - but then he got killed along with all his family.

You know which other empire thought a person could never become emperor if deformed? The byzantine empire, in the case of Justinian B' the slit-nosed; it's why when he got deposed he was simply exiled.
    They were wrong - but then he got killed along with all his family.
    Well you are kinda leaving out the bit where he came back and ruled again. Over all not a good policy. I can see age/senility and mental competence - but if your going to have a imperial system same to loose a a potentially good ruler because of physical defect particularly one like this case that inflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Well you are kinda leaving out the bit where he came back and ruled again. Over all not a good policy. I can see age/senility and mental competence - but if your going to have a imperial system same to loose a a potentially good ruler because of physical defect particularly one like this case that inflicted.
    I didn't leave it out, it was to be inferred; they were wrong to think he could not become (again) emperor, due to being deformed. By the way, he didn't fall from the throne due to being deformed; his nose was cut exactly then, so as to prevent him from ever returning. The next time they also cut the head, so no return.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Gentlemen, I believe I am done with this series where the main characters never die or experience any significant growth / change.
    Dave Piloni.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast