Thread: Allow unbreakable alliances among the AI factions

Default Allow unbreakable alliances among the AI factions

Hello, im working on a startpos setting at the start of the 7 years war. Currently im trying to set up the Franco-Austrian alliance in place, and when the campaign launches it starts as it should, however every single time after hitting end turn button (my testing factions is GB usually) as any other faction they break their alliance (altough they dont go to war yet). I've based their alliance on the vanilla Franco-Spanish values, even skyrocketing it to a +293 at some point an still they will break it rigth away. The idea behind this mod is to offer the factions you choose the toughest challenge possible, which in this case playing the anglo-prussian aliance would mean having to face austria and france together. Any idea hw to lock such aliiance? I mean, i wouldnt mind locking them as protectorates if truly needed, but being an immersion fan that would be my last option.

Also, i've considered starting with factions already at war, since my tests declaring war right away has made their alliance last longer, however from other mods ive tested (mainly with edited startpos) usually playing startpos with factions at war since the begining results in CTD whenever trying to make any kind of deal with them, so i dont think that war since the start is a viable option.

Default Re: Allow unbreakable alliances among the AI factions

Quick update:

I found a very easy way, i searched for LUA commands and found this guide. I simply created an easy script for all turns while playing as Britain to force diplomacy. Modding never have been so easy lol. If only we could have modded the map (yeah i know same old cryig lmao)
    Sorry for the double posting but even googling stuff is hard since the best results get mixed with Empire (im assuming from W:TW?) faction when searching for stuff related to Empire Total War.

UPDATE 2: Nevermind, i thought the script was working but after some new campaigns and more turns played, it seems that the AI factons will innevitably become allies again with the correct diplomacy values. Too bad for the scripting possibilities
    Last edited by El Santo Padre; October 24, 2023 at 12:18 AM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

There are people working to making tools, easy to use tools, to mod the map. It is possible right now, even for ETW, but too hard.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I know, and i hope this doesnt end like RTW modding did. Ive been a RTW modder for over a decade, and i think it was like 2 or 3 months before the announcement of Rome Remastered that a fellow modder came up with some coded stuff that actually lifted most of the hardcoded limits in the old RTW without touching the exe. I would definitely love a new Empire game even if it is a moddable remaster like RR is, but it would be a shame for the efforts of those modders lol