Thread: Matt Gaetz you magnificent bastard (with an honorable mention to Pelosi)

Default Matt Gaetz you magnificent bastard (with an honorable mention to Pelosi)

When Gaetz launched his coup apparently the democrats were suppose to save McCarthy, but instead decided to join those few republicans against him. If this is true or not is only a footnote but it seems reasonable being how easily they took the vote.

While I sympathized with Gaetz in principle I never expected the Rhinos to allow a real conservative. When Jim Jordan got borked by them, I assumed the uniparty wouldn't allow it.

But then we get Mike Johnson, who's voting record is pure conservative, who's not chased the lime light.

He reminds me a lot of my favorite conservative politician Pierre Poilievre though perhaps not quite his wit.

This is going to be quite interesting, and I hope to see some things talked about less and actioned upon more.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Default Re: Matt Gaetz you magnificent bastard (with an honorable mention to Pelosi)

My question is whether he’s so different from McCarthy as to have justified the shenanigans? Or maybe this is all some personal ploy by Gaetz for his own reasons. I know the base grew to hate McCarthy, but is Ukraine funding and the debt ceiling really cause for all this?
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Default Re: Matt Gaetz you magnificent bastard (with an honorable mention to Pelosi)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    My question is whether he’s so different from McCarthy as to have justified the shenanigans? Or maybe this is all some personal ploy by Gaetz for his own reasons. I know the base grew to hate McCarthy, but is Ukraine funding and the debt ceiling really cause for all this?
    Gaetz I think is just someone who DGAF what others think about him. I don't think there is a personal ploy here. McCarthy was great for talk but nothing was actually getting done is what I've heard and he had deals with the dems on things, including apparently to keep his speakership which they backstabbed him on. I can't say for sure thats all true.

I don't know if its going to help/hurt/etc as we don't know whats going on behind the closed doors or who's getting paid off in some fashion.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    This is going to be quite interesting, and I hope to see some things talked about less and actioned upon more.
    Like what?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.