Thread: Accessing the co-op campaign without a beta key (solved)

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Icon3 Accessing the co-op campaign without a beta key (solved)

One of the unlucky ones who never requested a key back in 2013, but I was wondering what actually difference does having the key make - are there game files that aren't downloaded (enabling multiplayer campaign) unless the key is added via the Steam Workshop (Empire: Total War - Multiplayer Beta (App 10605) · SteamDB)?

Does anyone with the multiplayer campaign have a better knowledge of this, and whether it would be possible to force enabling this aspect of the game via modding?

Never mind, figured out how to do it.

I've asked Flinn whether posting the instructions on enabling the multiplayer campaign violates TWC's TOS or not, depending on the answer I'll update this post. Feel free to PM me else.
    Last edited by SenseiJT92; October 30, 2023 at 07:41 PM. Reason: solved my own issue
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Accessing the co-op campaign without a beta key (solved)

Hello, just to catch up Flinn passed the ball to me and I notified Sensei that unfortunately, posting a method to crack/bypass the key directly is not something TWC can endorse.

However after some consultation I'm willing to present an alternative which I've just come across. If we hear from Creative Assembly directly that it isn't okay it will have to disappear, but if not I hope people will get some fun from this.

There is a mod which provides what's needed to play multiplayer without spoofing the key on your side. It is very new and was first highlighted by Andy's Take on YouTube. I've created a draft for the process on the wiki here which will move into the wiki's mainspace when it's serviceable. Until the instructions are more complete I'd suggest visiting the discord server but the page will exist for people who aren't into Discord and for a searchable reference on the wider internet.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?