Thread: Advice on how to make the pc run better/not be noisy with some games?

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Advice on how to make the pc run better/not be noisy with some games?

I have a 16GB memory, 4GB Vram (Nvidia 1650) Ryzen 5. It's not cutting edge, but shouldn't it be able to run most games without any issue? And still I had noise problems/heating up while playing Foundation, and even worse with Farthest Frontier.
    Any advice as to what can be done (safely) with altering parameters for the card or other?
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Default Re: Advice on how to make the pc run better/not be noisy with some games?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    I have a 16GB memory, 4GB Vram (Nvidia 1650) Ryzen 5. It's not cutting edge, but shouldn't it be able to run most games without any issue? And still I had noise problems/heating up while playing Foundation, and even worse with Farthest Frontier.
    Any advice as to what can be done (safely) with altering parameters for the card or other?
    In MSI afterburner you can manually cap the fan or setup fan profiles. Play around with it until you find the highest speed your comfortable with and set that as the upper most limit. Be warned though set it to low and your card will down clock to reduce heat and you will lose performance.