Thread: [Modding] Making troops recruitable in ports and other cities within a region.

Default [Modding] Making troops recruitable in ports and other cities within a region.

Hi! I have been building a mod for ETW and currently I am testing a way to recruit land units like line infantry in ports and buildings that are not in the region main settlement, I am making this so I can recruit in specific places of the region so they can defen that city in particular, until now, I have not reached success, I tried the following:

I made a copy of the patch5.pack file and renamed to my mod's name and then....

1. In building_units_allowed I made the shipyard, drydock, steam_drydock, dockyard, naval_hospital to allow the recruitment of eruo_line_infantry_britain, the outcome was that the unit in question was available to recruit in the "Naval Recuitment" Tab, but when trying to click on it, it was not being trainned.

2. In building_effects_junction added recruitment points for the former naval buildings, the outcome was the same.

This is what I have tested today, any modders here that may share their experience doing something similar ? Any ideas how I can manage to recruit land units in different cities ? I wanna make the same to forts, when I found a fort, I wanna recruit units in the fort.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Modding] Making troops recruitable in ports and other cities within a region.

I think it can be done. I don't know if anyone did it, though.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.