Thread: Rome 2 says I am offline and am unable to use any DLCs

Default Rome 2 says I am offline and am unable to use any DLCs

As stated in the title, whenever I launch Rome 2, at the home screen I am unable to do anything online related. I am unable to broadcast, join multiplayer games, open chat, but none of that is important to me.

What is important to me is I am unable to use any of the DLCs I have bought over the years. It says I must be online to play, but I have not gone into offline mode or anything. I can play single player fine, but without any DLCs. I have used mods in the past but I unsubscribed from them, and deleted everything related to mods from the game folder. The latest install is clean, but still will not allow me to play any DLCs.

Has anyone had this issue? Any ideas of how to fix? This is through Steam by the way if that matters.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rome 2 says I am offline and am unable to use any DLCs

Can't help you sorry.

But if I got you right, it's the vanilla game, isn't it? If so, you'd better contact CA's customer service directly....
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Found a post regarding a fairly similar issue that might be of use here,
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacralige on reddit
    I had this without the "you appear to be offline" message but this is how I fixed it:

Try logging into Total War Access and linking your steam account here: https://dashboard.totalwar.com/

If your steam account is already linked like mine was, find it under "my account" in your profile and select the "refresh" option there.

Then once that's done, after a few minutes (2 or 3) restart your game once or twice and see if that helps.
    Seems to be occasional bugginess caused by integration of other platforms into the code they use to check online status. Otherwise CA support is probably the best bet, if they give useful advice please report back in case the issue happens again to someone else...
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Centvrion View Post
    As stated in the title, whenever I launch Rome 2, at the home screen I am unable to do anything online related. I am unable to broadcast, join multiplayer games, open chat, but none of that is important to me.

What is important to me is I am unable to use any of the DLCs I have bought over the years. It says I must be online to play, but I have not gone into offline mode or anything. I can play single player fine, but without any DLCs. I have used mods in the past but I unsubscribed from them, and deleted everything related to mods from the game folder. The latest install is clean, but still will not allow me to play any DLCs.

Has anyone had this issue? Any ideas of how to fix? This is through Steam by the way if that matters.

Rome2.exe, removed "run as administrator"!