Thread: The Sports Thread

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Default The Sports Thread

aa

Welcome to the Sports Thread

If you have the itch, go ahead and scratch it. Let's hear what you have to say...

Disclaimer: We used to have a kicking sports thread somewhere around here. I couldn't find so I asked management. They couldn't find it so let's start a new one from scratch.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Default Re: The Sports Thread

Kay, here we go....

The Clevland Browns play the Texans in a couple of hours and the Dolphins play the Chiefs tonight. Let's look at the Browns for a moment...

QB: Their $200 million Dollar man's a bust. No problem, Retirement Home Joe Flacco eats some Tom Brady avocado ice cream, and the Masiah is born. Go Joe Go!!!
    RB: They lose Chubb for the year, no problem. Enter Jerome Ford looking like the 2nd coming of Gale Sears. I thought for sure Kareem Hunt was gonna pick up the slack with a breakout year.
    Unfortunately, his once burst of speed has all but disappeared but he's still a ferocious short yardage runner.

So le't hope the spirt of Brian Sipe and "The Cardiac Kids" are with the Browns today.

The Dolphins at the Chiefs tonight: My Dolphins are a finesse team that relies on Olympic speed and timing. Well, at least on offense. Looking at the injury report, not good. Without Waddle and Hill both at 100%, they don't have any hope of getting past the Chiefs. Mostert is banged up too. That seals the coffin shut. No no, I'll just cry myself to sleep tonight.

Outlook: Disrupt the timing and their cooked. A warm weather team playing an away game in artic conditions. Miami is DOA... Dead On Arrival. God, I pray I'm wrong.

Next up I'll talk about my LA Lakers. Yep, already burned my season tickets and picked up access to the Clippers' games for the rest of the season. Hey, at least OKC looks like their gonna be rolling come the play offs.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,

Kay.... For the record I did cry myself to sleep last night.

The Browns were obliterated by the Texans. The Browns vaunted defense was a no show. Congrats to the Texans. You just picked up a new fan. My Dolphins were skinned/filleted and served over rice
    in Lamar Hunt's sky box at Chiefs Stadium.
    Today we have the Steelers/Bills and the Eagles/Buccaneers. May the teams that want it the most win.

Good luck Gentlemen....

I'll get to ma Lakers after the games today and edit them into this post. But for now, "Go Bills!!!"................

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus