Thread: Simple guide on how to install mods manually for Rome 2

Icon4 Simple guide on how to install mods manually for Rome 2

Hi all, happy new year 2024.

I'm looking for a simple guide on how to install mods manually for Rome 2.

I've looked over the forums but the amount of information on TWC is overwhelming and I'm having trouble finding anything. A google search is turning up half measures and dead links etc.

Any links or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple guide on how to install mods manually for Rome 2

Scooted to Rome 2 forum...

The mods often come as .pack files. These pack files go in the game directory: Total War Rome II\data

You can access the game directory if you don't know it by entering steam, going to the game's properties, Installed Files, and hit Browse...

The mod should then appear in the Mod Manager when you launch.

Some mods are more intricate, for example the "AUG MOD" must be extracted from the archive (should be very easy: enter the archive, pull the folder into the data directory or a temporary one you make for this purpose. If windows does not behave you can use a tool like 7zip to do the same). The contents within the aug mod folder go into the game directory, and you can use the batch files to select what changes to use. It comes with a neat uninstaller to bin the mod in one go if you don't like it.

Spoiler for the extraction

Spoiler for what mod manager should show

Spoiler for steam properties

Anything further would depend on the mod. Note that unfortunately, older mods may simply not work because they were made for an older game version and may never be updated. I'm no expert at troubleshooting Rome 2 at all but this is the general gist.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Thanks for the explanation

Hola, las versiones del Rome 2 y del shougun 2 total war not on Steamy cuando intento instalar algun mod el administrador de mods no los reconoce y me da error, creen que me puedan ayudar,me a pasado con el DEI para el Rome 2 y con el mod de la campaña de sekigahara para el shougun 2

Translation: Hello, the versions of Rome 2 and Shougun 2 Total War might not be available on Steam and when I try to install a mod the mod manager does not recognize them and gives me an error, do you think you can help me, it happened to me with the DEI for Rome 2 and with the sekigahara campaign mod for shougun 2
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; April 20, 2024 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Don't mention piracy.