Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renaming the 33rd Foot

Default Renaming the 33rd Foot

I am changing the 33rd foot into my Line infantry because simply --> they look better than the vanilla line infantry.

I have changed the unit recruitment limit to unlimited and made it global so it can be recruited anywere, however i dont know were i change the name, i changed the Screen_Name from 33rd foot into Line Infantry but that did not change the name in the campaign map it still says 33rd foot (havent tested on batle map but i suppose its the same).

Any help would be much apreciated, i am using pack file manager 2.1.5 to do all this and i am doing it in DME_Darthmod.pack/db/unit_tables/eua_units - version 3

Best Regards & thank you in advance for any help, Fedual

P.S I am a cheater i know but i would like to know how i edit the stats of units, i would like to up tthe reloading skill of my new line infantry (33r foot)
    Last edited by Fedual; November 02, 2012 at 07:34 PM.

Default Re: Renaming the 33rd Foot

Mkay well first thing you're gonna need is DBeditor. Not sure where the link is, try the index. After that you're going to want to open empire total war data with DBeditor, go to unit_land_unit_tables, find 33rd foot on the left hand column, and find the column that says "unit model." the square where 33rd foot intersects with "unit model" will have something like "33rd_foot" replace it with "euro_line_infantry" and then save. that should do the trick. good hunting, mate.

oh sorry i thought you meant you wanted the 33rd foot to look like line infantry. oops okay hold on a sec lad. what you really want to do is find unit_model, copy what it says in the square as i mentioned above, and paste it into the square of "euro_line_infantry_(countryname)" intersecting "unit_model"

here's a picture with the table. simply find soldier model and paste it into the soldier model of "euro_line_infantry_(countryname)" however only some factions have specific countryname infantry, so if this is for britain only you'd put it into "euro_line_infantry_britain"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLegion View Post
    here's a picture with the table. simply find soldier model and paste it into the soldier model of "euro_line_infantry_(countryname)" however only some factions have specific countryname infantry, so if this is for britain only you'd put it into "euro_line_infantry_britain"
    really helpfull but i forgot to say i have darthmod

i tried to figure out for myself tho with the instructions you gave so i first tried to simply change patch5.pack but that did not work, so i went into:

DME_Darthmod.pack/unit_stats_land_tables/eua_unit_stats_land

and i found eua_33rd_foot under model name and changed it to euro_line_infantry_britain, i saved and started a new campaign but the name was still 33rd foot

and lol now i changed both patch5.pack and DME_Darthmod.pack and tried but still they remain named 33rd foot

damn i really want to change the name of that 33rd foot, i cant have 50 units of 33rd foot walking about that would just annoy me, changing the name to Line Infantry would make my day
    Last edited by Fedual; November 02, 2012 at 09:55 PM.

renaming the unit? so you want to rename the unit as well as change the skin? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

renaming the unit? so you want to rename the unit as well as change the skin? I'm not quite sure what you mean.
    i never said i wanted to change the skin O.o i want to rename the 33rd foot into Line Infantry, since i have changed so i can recruit infinite amount of them i also want to rename them

to clarify, all i want to do i change the name of "33rd Foot" into "Line Infantry" like the topic says

if possible i also want to have the description of the unit to have the same description as regular line infantry

Thank you for helping me btw =)
    Last edited by Fedual; November 02, 2012 at 10:08 PM.

My instructions would change the skin of line infantry to match the 33rd foot. if you want to change the name of the unit called "33rd foot" you'd have to use pack file manager to find the localisation file, then find "units_on_screen_name_33rd_foot" and change the text in the box next to it to "Line Infantry" however, make sure you change the localisation file in the DARTHMOD, otherwise you will not see results.

you might want to undo all the things i said before. Haha sorry about that, I misunderstood. I take full responsibility for my failure.

My instructions would change the skin of line infantry to match the 33rd foot. if you want to change the name of the unit called "33rd foot" you'd have to use pack file manager to find the localisation file, then find "units_on_screen_name_33rd_foot" and change the text in the box next to it to "Line Infantry" however, make sure you change the localisation file in the DARTHMOD, otherwise you will not see results.
    your idea is much better tho can i change the picture into the 33rd foot picture aswell in the unit description of the line infantry?

also how do i change the unit description text for the 33rd foot into the same description text that line infantry has?

apologies if its getting even more confusing now

how do i find the localisation file and the "unit_on_screen_name_33rd_foot"?

i have pack file manager i just dont know were to look with it cant see it in DME_Darthmod.pack
    Last edited by Fedual; November 02, 2012 at 10:19 PM.

yes you can. find the column that says unit pic description and change it to the same one as euro_line_infantry_britain. however there has been a strange problem with the tables, so it may change the icon instead of the description. if it does, simply change unit pic to that of euro_line_infantry_britain instead.

yes you can. find the column that says unit pic description and change it to the same one as euro_line_infantry_britain. however there has been a strange problem with the tables, so it may change the icon instead of the description. if it does, simply change unit pic to that of euro_line_infantry_britain instead.
    aha so thats why that er went picture changing on me, i tried that before and the picture was changed, ty for clarifying that ^^

any help on the other questions ?

Okay so what other questions do you have then?

oh i see hold on

okay so use pack file manager, look for something that says something similar to darthmod_txt.pack that should have files in it, find one that says Localisation or loc, and scroll through to the bottom until you find "units_on_screen_name_33rd_foot" and the box next to it (labeled "string") should have something like "33rd Foot" simply change that to "Line Infantry" and you should be good to go

okay so use pack file manager, look for something that says something similar to darthmod_txt.pack that should have files in it, find one that says Localisation or loc, and scroll through to the bottom until you find "units_on_screen_name_33rd_foot" and the box next to it (labeled "string") should have something like "33rd Foot" simply change that to "Line Infantry" and you should be good to go
    okey gonna try that as soon as i have reinstalled Darthmod, i did something that makes it crash hehe, its 04 in the morning here so its not strange my head is getting blurry, should take 2 minutes before its installed

EDIT: cant find it, been opening alot of darthmod pack files but noone that says localisation or loc

edit 2 might have found it, local_en.pack its called

edit3. nope it wasnt there...

edit 4: i made it i found it in DME_UPC_v6_3.pack
    Last edited by Fedual; November 02, 2012 at 10:54 PM.

local_en is the localisation for the basic game. it's not part of the mod, and some mods don't have localisation packs, and therefore you'd need to edit the basic local.en; so yeah, you're on the right track

last thing tho that i would like some help with, the stats of the unit i want to make the reloading time shorter, were can i edit that number usually? im a real pain in the ass now hehe

ps i gave u +rep as much as i could

Thanks. And no, you're not being a pain at all. I enjoy helping others. So there's a couple different ways you can edit the reload time. One, you can edit the reload time of the weapon/projectile, or two, you can change the skill of the unit at reloading. which would you rather do?

Thanks. And no, you're not being a pain at all. I enjoy helping others. So there's a couple different ways you can edit the reload time. One, you can edit the reload time of the weapon/projectile, or two, you can change the skill of the unit at reloading. which would you rather do?
    skill of the unit sounds like it makes only this unit faster at reloading while by the sound of it, (using pure logic here) making the weapon reload faster will make everyone using the weapon reload faster in this case a musket O.o wich everyone uses, logic tells me i should make my unit reload faster, only the 33rd foot (wich are now renamed Line Infantry ) should have faster reload time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast