Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you guys think of the pending Fallout show?

Default Re: What do you guys think of the pending Fallout show?

Looks promising. Don't have much expectations with the exact lore but they have a good chance of making it look good even if loosely based.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

The first episode is impressive, this Christmas I only want a pip boy and a dog. After the first impression there is a small downturn (episodes 2 and 3), but it seems that there are good stories and real characters with great actors. The cinematography is great (they are filming in the wasteland) and it shows that there was a big budget. By the way, I would ask for even more humor, life in the wasteland is really wild/bloody/disgusting
    Last edited by mishkin; April 11, 2024 at 01:54 PM.

Blog Entries

It's great, more adult/raw than I expected. Can't wait for season two (was that new vegas?).

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

I can only support the Enclave.
    Death to the rest ^^
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

@Halie:
    Did you get the chance to watch it? Will be viewing it tonight, hopefully it shall be bingeworthy.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

The main actress is good
    The Bos guy's rise to power is way too convenient imo.
    Also didn't like that the ghoul didn't secure the kill.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    @Halie:
    Did you get the chance to watch it? Will be viewing it tonight, hopefully it shall be bingeworthy.
    I did.

I agree with mish, good show, pretty dark and more gory than I thought it was going to be, but it lacks humour. Or the jokes just don't quite land as they want them to. There's a similar vibe to 'The Boys' with gore and horror, but without the outrageous comedy. The drama falls short in comparison to Snowpiercer or Silo, which are both better (post apocalyptic) shows.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Gonna have a blast at it this weekend, let's see..
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I did.

I agree with mish, good show, pretty dark and more gory than I thought it was going to be, but it lacks humour. Or the jokes just don't quite land as they want them to. There's a similar vibe to 'The Boys' with gore and horror, but without the outrageous comedy. The drama falls short in comparison to Snowpiercer or Silo, which are both better (post apocalyptic) shows.
    Glad I binged it. Very well done, not sure how hardcore gamers would feel but I enjoyed it. Also I was thoroughly surprised from Silo, what an excellent show that is. Apple TV has some real gems!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    The issue with any Fallout series is if they will be able to pass that feeling of loneliness and scarcity which makes the games to be loved and appreciated by many. If they won't, then it's just another generic adventure show, but in Power Armors.
    Watched till episode 4, it's a great show: well designed characters, visuals are in line with the original series, almost everything is perfect, but I still say that it lacks what made the fallout series special: the sense of loneliness and the scarcity of basic stuff that keeps people alive, that can explain why the "real" world is so bad. Anyhow, the show is clearly directed to fans of the games, there are hints here and there that only who have played ATL fallout 3/4 can get.. honestly I would have preferred a bit more intro and details, as not everybody is a details nerd (I am, btw) and can lose interest in it: prove, my cousin, who's a fan but not a wiki sucker as I am, watched episodes 1-2 and then lost interest after he saw what he wanted to see (the Vault and the power armor).. I'm saying this because I'm afraid that the show will lose popularity and eventually get cancelled, while IMO it has a heck of a lot of potential.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

The reviews have been quite good, I think a second season is assured. Regarding fans and the uninitiated, I did not want to recommend it to a friend because she is not a player, she had absolutely no idea about the Fallout universe, but it turns out that she recommended it to me, she had seen it and loved it.

Regarding survival, I don't know in which chapter she is really thirsty (she ends up drinking radiated water), and I don't remember if she even eats raw meat. And regarding solitude, I don't know how they could make solitude attractive.

Flinn, this weekend watch the next four chapters, it's an order.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    The reviews have been quite good, I think a second season is assured. Regarding fans and the uninitiated, I did not want to recommend it to a friend because she is not a player, she had absolutely no idea about the Fallout universe, but it turns out that she recommended it to me, she had seen it and loved it.

Regarding survival, I don't know in which chapter she is really thirsty (she ends up drinking radiated water), and I don't remember if she even eats raw meat. And regarding solitude, I don't know how they could make solitude attractive.
    Well, it's not that in the games you die if you don't eat or drink, but you need atl to be careful with ammo and drugs (especially at higher levels of difficulty) and one certainly feels the loneliness. Now I get what you mean, but come on Lucy met people the very first day she left the Vault.. one doesn't really have the feeling that the world is depopulated or much of a waste (again, a real wood just on the second episode). Not that it's bad ofc, just not really what I would expect, that is.

Flinn, this weekend watch the next four chapters, it's an order.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12