Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
Well there's some rare celtic groups (and others), there's the question of how much Classical Antiquity role models simply you prefer as reference/role models as opposed to actual cult being done; and if so would it be in the most similiar possible to old ways, or adapted to XXI century?
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Are these criticisms of Modern Pagan practice? Or the muddiness of boundaries between pagan traditions? My comment was only that you seem surprised enough that I'm speaking from a Pagan perspective, that you thought I was being sarcastic, which makes no sense to me since Neopaganism is a well-known phenomenon.

Plus polytheism, one can prefer Artemis over Dionysus and vice versa...
I don't see how that's a flaw. It's flexible almost by design, it lets you have the agency to choose who you want to honor and what practices you feel suit you best. Modern Paganism never claimed to be a single cohesive religion; it's more of a movement composed of many religions and spiritualities, the main linking point being inspiration from pre-Christian spirituality, and a conscious self-identity as Pagan.

Regardless, this is possibly outside my reach, but I can't see how Plato's/Stoicism "do what is right" is linked to Critical Theory and Social Justice; given Social Justice often involves a type of emotional charge that Stoicism would consider lack of restraint
I don't know how you could get that interpretation from it. Critical theory is basically an analytical variant of Marxism, which is about as far from emotional or unrestrained as you can get. Marxism is a sober, rational analysis of material conditions. Critical theory emerged in the 1950s by basically applying that logic to a variety of social institutions and forms of hierarchy, asking what tensions exist in those systems. Social justice is a moral imperative drawing from that rational analysis. I don't see that very much different from classical Cynicism and Stoicism, as an ethical lens.

and Critical Theory is too linked to Post-Modernism Ideology for the average enthusiast to admire/defend Ancient Wisdom...
Not really. Postmodernism came later. But even still, postmodernism isn't an ideology in itself, rather it's just an analytical tool that asks "why is something the way that it is?" and "does it have to remain that way?"