Thread: Countries with good shower?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Icon5 Countries with good shower?

What are those countries outside of the little Scandinavia? I'd like to visit all but the shower problem is too serious and makes me uncomfortable everywhere.

Good means high water pressure (above 2 bar or 200 kpa) and max temperature around at least 45°C or 113 °F, and a water-saving showerhead, which I sometimes carry myself. Having the bath tradition would be the best. A simple test is to see whether your skin is turned red and your face hurt when water is right on it.

Good ones:

- Japan

Bad ones:

- Any South Asian country with (weak) electric heaters. I suspect this is same for all all-year-warm countries
    - Estonia: weak pressure in city, heating is all right with gas
    - Greece: weak pressure and people use storage heaters that are smaller than a bathtub

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Countries with good shower?

I assume US is somewhere in between given you can find every grade. May as well list by city at that point.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Yes, I would never go to Estonia to take a shower. I would go for their bread, however. I've heard it's fantastic.
    Last edited by mishkin; April 07, 2024 at 04:59 AM.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    I assume US is somewhere in between given you can find every grade. May as well list by city at that point.
    yep cities or states for US!

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Yes, I would never go to Estonia to take a shower. I would go for their bread, however. I've heard it's fantastic.
    One needs shower at least twice a day to keep body clean

Their bread was the typical tasteless healthy kind in Europe that I absolutely loathe. I'd recommend stuffed bread or deep fried bread, or a combination of both in Asia.

Or Danish with beer
    Last edited by AqD; April 07, 2024 at 11:25 AM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Minimum water pressure in homes in Italy has to be 1,5 bar, but sometimes is quite less (down to 0,9 is still considered acceptable) or sensibly higher (at home I have 3,9 and I have to use a pressure reducer or all of my faucets would fly around the house every time I open the water). 99% of the homes have gas heaters, so you'll be covered on that side.

Also, you have an obsession for personal hygiene, see a professional (possibly a hot one).
    Last edited by Flinn; April 08, 2024 at 07:13 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I'm making a point against Japanese showers - I had to crouch to use them, when I was there. Very uncomfortable.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Minimum water pressure in homes in Italy has to be 1,5 bar, but sometimes is quite less (down to 0,9 is still considered acceptable) or sensibly higher (at home I have 3,9 and I have to use a pressure reducer or all of my faucets would fly around the house every time I open the water). 99% of the homes have gas heaters, so you'll be covered on that side.
    Gas pipe or steel-bottled gas? The latter could run out in the middle of hour long shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Also, you have an obsession for personal hygiene, see a professional (possibly a hot one).
    No I just don't feel right with any sweat and oil on my body.