Thread: Need help fixing Medieval 2!

Icon5 Need help fixing Medieval 2!

Hello,

I have trouble playing the game on my PC.

The problems are:
    - the game crashes sometimes during a battle
    - Ai units will stand around not attacking until the time runs out when attacking a city (they don't even move when being attacked)
    - the game often registers a double click as a single click
    - when an Ai diplomat stands next to my units, the animation of him talking to my units is played each round even if they don't actually talk to me afterwards

These Problems make it too annoying to play my favourite game. Are there any mods or other things that might fix these problems??

I've already tried:
    - reinstalling the game
    - playing the steam version instead of the CD one
    - Mod: Vanilla Beyond
    - Mod: Stainless Steel
    - Mod: Ultimate Ai

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need help fixing Medieval 2!

The game may prove more stable during battle if Large Address Aware is applied, however sometimes crashes just happen. Might need to play with settings or scaling. If it's what I'm alluding to then you'd most likely notice the problem during large sieges particularly more often with Stainless Steel (the heaviest mod of your quick list).

AI I know typically plays coy when you're sallying out but I don't entirely understand the issue outside of that context.

Double/single click is an odd one I'm not really familiar with. I've had slight bugs with that before but nothing I'd list as a distinct problem: perhaps the mouse itself is being finicky, be it sensitivity or a fancy driver being in conflict. More often than not these things I've come to blame on my mouse but then, I run the cheapest mice yard sales can buy.

Diplomat shenanigans is an old bug, I'm not familiar with a fix besides... eliminating them. But I vaguely recall someone had a more useful answer just don't know where, so hopefully someone with such an answer can follow up on my post.

I'd say a mod that retunes AI may help somewhat with point 2 but Stainless Steel builds in a competent AI mod and the others should be fine so I'm not sure what's up on that one.

Some part of this does seem to be a local environment issue I must say, although others are semi common oddities. An insight into OS and specs might help for others to follow up.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need help fixing Medieval 2!

Large Address Awareness link.

Suggest to select 'disable full screen optimization' and 'run as admin' in compatibility mode of the executable file as well as setting the 'override high DPI' to application controlled.
    Selecting a compatibility mode (Win7, XP) should be used as last resort as it will slow down turn end times drastically in mods with heavy scripting.
    For details see here.