Thread: Help request for restarting Total War Medieval 2 Teutonic Campaign

Default Help request for restarting Total War Medieval 2 Teutonic Campaign

All,

I'm new to TWC and the Total War community, am a technical luddite and use a Mac.

I recently purchased Total War Medieval 2 and wanted to play as the Mongols in Teutonic.

I watched a YouTube video that showed me how to do this.

I opened the descr_strat.txt file and edited using text editor.

I cut "mongols" from unplayable factions and pasted it under playable factions.

When I went to play the game, the Mongols did now show up as a playable faction and the game wouldn't work no matter what faction I chose if I clicked on "Teutonic Campaign."

I reopened the text editor and switched "mongols" back to unplayable factions, but the game still won't work.

I've copied the text editor file and attached it.

What do I do to make the game work again? And, what am I doing wrong to enable the Mongols as a playable faction?

Thanks in advance for all your time and help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Help request for restarting Total War Medieval 2 Teutonic Campaign

Addendum:

I received a reply from Feral Interactive Support. They advised me to do an installation refresh since I'm using Steam. That worked in enabling me to play the Teutonic Campaign again.

But Feral Interactive Support said no way to play as the Mongols on a Mac exists. The YouTube video I watched to edit the game so I could play as the Mongols is for Windows only, Feral Interactive Support informed me.

Does anyone know how I may play as the Mongols on my Mac?

Thanks again in advance for all your time and help.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Feral must have been thinking about the mongols in the main campaign because they do not exist at the beginning of the campaign, but it is entirely possible - see my post here. All of that is not required for the Teutonic campaign however, a simple moving of the entry as you describe should the deed.

Make sure your descr_strat.txt entry looks like underneath - you should obviously keep a copy of the original file in case something goes wrong.
    Code:
    campaign        imperial_campaign
    playable
        teutonic_order
        lithuania
        denmark
        novgorod
        mongols
    end
    unlockable
        hre
        poland

end
    nonplayable
        norway
        kalmar_union
        slave
    end
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 16, 2024 at 10:23 AM.