Thread: Medieval 2 Android. Unpacking the obb file

Default Medieval 2 Android. Unpacking the obb file

Hi. Can anyone unpack the OBB files from the android game? Below is the information that I was able to collect. I don't have any programming skills myself.

That's what's in the logs.

04-15 06:40:18.656 16152 16152 W ObbFile : Unsupported ObbFile version -842203033
    04-15 06:35:15.024 15863 15863 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main

Judging by the contents of the files, they were not generated using JOBB, but in some arbitrary format.

The code only mentions checking for the presence of an obb file, the mount function is never called.
    As I understand it, FeralGooglePlayServices.a inherits Feralgame Activity, and there is already something going on in the native library. There are symbols in it, so good luck trying to figure out what's going on there.…
    Calling to get the path to obb at 0000000002f1e494 T _ZN20AndroidJNIFileSystem14GetOBBDataPathEv
    Using the call tree, you can find:
    CFeralRuntime::LookupRuntimeFolder()
    method.CFeralRuntime.FindDataRoot_CFeralRuntime::SearchInfo_const()
    CFeralGame::InitialiseDataRoot() which is called more than 100 times
    , but the logic of opening obb seems to be written in the method.CAndroidFeralGame.InitialiseVFSMappings_CFeralVFSXMLBuilder

No, it's 100% not unity.

And not android studio, storagemanager is not called anywhere

Not by conventional means, maybe there is something made by modders for this game (I did not find it on github).

But if you look at the files themselves, you can see raw data, just packed in some format, without encryption and most likely without compression, you can try to write an unpacker for this.

The apk has a configuration file of their file system assets/vfs-config.xml

you can try to put the unpacked resources in android/data and take them from there by tweaking the config

It has its own engine with its own data formats and a virtual file system. It's not impossible, but you really need to sit and figure it out for days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20240420_220001_796.jpg