Thread: Can someone tell me why this is happening during a skirmish battle?

Default Can someone tell me why this is happening during a skirmish battle?

Hi all.

I'm using Empire: Total War 2 Mod version 2.0 and have an issue that I was wondering if any of the modders and anyone else that lurks here can please help me out. I've been trying to solve this for days but haven't found a solution. I'm using a unit called the Irish Line Volunteer Infantry and this is what happens. As soon as they get in range to fire; all of the soldiers begin to run to both sides expanding the line and than firing spaced out in formation.

I'm using Pack Manager and I don't know what I'm looking for in terms to editing that will keep this unit from doing this. How do I stop this line infantry from firing like this? I've been told it's "Platoon Fire" or "Advanced Platoon Fire" that they are doing. I've seen other units do this as well. Do I edit the patch files as well?

I've been told that you need to edit this file: it_unitsdb.pack but I do not have it in my Empire Total War data files.

Can SOMEONE PLEASE help me out this? PLEASE? It's driving me nuts and I don't know how to fix it through editing with pack manager. What files do I edit?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Can someone tell me why this is happening during a skirmish battle?

Perhaps the unit has in-built sparse distances between the soldiers? I.e. they are placed from the get-go at greater distance from one another? I don't know, I am just thinking.
    Generally light infantry is more sparsely placed than line infantry. At 260 Light infantry, I can't say that I am surprised they open up a lot.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Can someone tell me why this is happening during a skirmish battle?

Their not light infantry; they are clearly classified as line infantry...Ive seen Elite Guard units do this as well for some reason and I don't know why they are doing it.

How would I be able to remove and delete this ability for this unit? Where would I go within the mod files to actually delete the ability? I just want them to skirmish normally during a battle.

What their doing is fire by rank or advanced fire by rank in terms of technique in the above picture; have you ever seen this been done within vanilla?