Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Enthralled at how pretty this girl is.

Idwayreth's Avatar Centenarius

Default Enthralled at how pretty this girl is.

This doesn't happen often for me, i think it's happened maybe twice in my life so far at the most. But have any of you ever caught a glimpse of a person of the opposite sex that just fit your ideal of beauty so perfectly and completely that the sight of them literally stopped you in your tracks for a few precious seconds? Sure we all run into tons of people that we think are attractive but what i'm talking about is pure, crystal clear, heart stopping perfection.

It happened to me about a week ago while at work. I basically got a call(i almost didn't pick up the phone) from a young woman working in another department asking me if we had a certain item in stock because a customer was exchanging an item. So i told her to hold on and i asked a couple of other people about it since i was kinda busy with a task at hand and they said they'd take care of it so as soon as i hung up the phone i forgot about it completely.

Then about 15 minutes later while i was standing around with another co-worker having absolutely nothing to do i see this beautiful black haired young woman of hispanic origin with milky white skin and a few blemishes on her face i guessed to be just about my age walk up to my co-worker and I and she looks at me, then him, then me again and tries to properly pronounce my name(which i found to be extremely flattering) and asks me about that item she called in 15 minutes ago. So basically my heart just stopped beating and all i could do was stare at her and smile for about 2-3 seconds before i managed to get back to my senses after that initial shock and proceeded to apologize profusely for not looking into the item she asked about and personally(to my utter delight of course :-P) took her to the area in the back stock and looked feverishly for the item in question, desperately not wanting to disappoint her again a 2nd time, (though i was glad my co-workers ignored my 1st requests to search for the item:-) ) Anyway she had the softest and sweetest voice i have ever heard and she was sooo nice and understanding when i apologized all i could do was stare at her the entire time i was helping her and i'm sure i looked and sounded like a complete dork to her.

Anyway i could not stop thinking of her for the past few days now and i've tried to come up with tons of excuses so that i can somehow go over to the department that she works at and catch a glimpse of her every now and then. I normally dont act like this with pretty girls(in fact i tend to ignore them alot more than i usually would anyone else) but like i said she was different and just perfect in every way. Too bad i didn't catch her name, i think i was just too nervous. Well this became alot longer than i anticipated so i'll just end it here. Anyway has this happened to any of you people before?? Tell me i'm not the only one( though i wouldn't really care if i was heh)
    Last edited by Idwayreth; February 05, 2007 at 01:52 AM.
    If God were a man he'd be me.

At first i simply observed. But i found that without investment in others, life serves no purpose.

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Default Re: Enthralled at how pretty this girl is.

Does it have to be of the opposite sex? I was working, many years ago, and this guy walked past - he was a visitor to the site, so was unknown to me. Time stopped...

Turns out he was married and something of a git. Stunning, though. French too. Shame.

Idwayreth's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by imb39 View Post
    Does it have to be of the opposite sex? I was working, many years ago, and this guy walked past - he was a visitor to the site, so was unknown to me. Time stopped...

Turns out he was married and something of a git. Stunning, though. French too. Shame.
    Nah, doesn't have to be the opposite sex, just anyone you found beautiful male or female, didn't really mean to discriminate heh. i just relived that moment i described about in my initial post and i just can't think straight right now hehe
    If God were a man he'd be me.

At first i simply observed. But i found that without investment in others, life serves no purpose.

The girl I loved at university. A new year had begun and was heading to archery practice in the dark of a winter evening and saw a figure up ahead of me in the dull, intermittent lamplight of the deserted, leafy road up to the university's sports centre, carrying what looked like a bow-bag. Hurried to catch up to walk the rest of the way with her and introduce myself to what looked like a new archer for the club. Turned her head to look at me in surprise as I came up - long chestnut tresses with a silky fringe over one side of her forehead, sultry sly eyes, pink flush of exertion and the cold in her cheeks and nose, parted lips with the slight imperfection that makes perfection in one tooth snaggled to the side - and so interested in making new friends, having just started at the university, eager to respond to me. Love, love, love...love, love, love...Four months later I made her a promise to never bother her again, after she finally lost patience with my attentions. Three years on now and it still hurts. You're better off just ignoring her - if she finds out you're going to her dept just to look at her she will get scared and decide you're some kind of stalking weirdo.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Yes, there was this girl whom i meet almost every morning on my way to school. We take the same bus to school, but shes from a different school. Went to school together for 2 years, and sometimes we go home together too, on the same bus. But I've never spoken to her. Never got the courage too. Heh. She was beauty personified and she exudes a charm and graciousness that stuns me. Must be why I could never say a word to her even when I tried to.

hmmmm nope, as i have said before i am impervious to such lowly needs

Let's just hope they were fascist communist kittens who were on their way to international fascist communist fair.

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Arrrghhh!!!!

Idwayreth, better make yer move soon, laddie. Da Captain be 'avin dat experience wunce when Oi was a young gaff, but Oi wuz too shy, an studdered when Oi talked ta tha lass. Another dastard whot wuz braver an' more arrogant than me ended up winnin' 'er, cuz 'e took thar initiative.

It turns oot that yon wench actually did like me, but since Oi wuz always stutterin' an' fartin' with nervousness an' runnin' from da scene, she supposed Oi not be interested in 'er.
    Strike while the iron is hot, aye!

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

i now the feeling! in the class under me there is a extremely nice girl, perfect in every way. still, i have no problem talking to her. (okay, the school is about 220 pupils divided in 10 classes, so nearly everybody knows who everyone is..) she is the most popular girl at school i think, so i don't stand a chance..
    and i am moving in june, so there are no chance for us to be together after that..
    we are very good friends though, and i love her for that

how is it not to get a word out of your mouth when you see a pretty girl?? i mean, what does it feels like? im sure someone doesn't feel to good afterwords..?
    proud norwegian

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge View Post
    having just started at the university, eager to respond to me. Love, love, love...love, love, love...Four months later I made her a promise to never bother her again, after she finally lost patience with my attentions. Three years on now and it still hurts. You're better off just ignoring her - if she finds out you're going to her dept just to look at her she will get scared and decide you're some kind of stalking weirdo.
    This all sounds really familiar to be honest except in my case its 5 years. Hurts even more when she starts going out with a guy who looks scarily similar to harrys uncle in the potter movies.
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Quote Originally Posted by thoscme View Post
    i now the feeling! in the class under me there is a extremely nice girl, perfect in every way. still, i have no problem talking to her. (okay, the school is about 220 pupils divided in 10 classes, so nearly everybody knows who everyone is..) she is the most popular girl at school i think, so i don't stand a chance..
    and i am moving in june, so there are no chance for us to be together after that..
    we are very good friends though, and i love her for that

how is it not to get a word out of your mouth when you see a pretty girl?? i mean, what does it feels like? im sure someone doesn't feel to good afterwords..?
    Hmm well, it feels frustrating, but its kinda funny when you look back and realise how hard you try achieving your goal of speaking to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungalley View Post
    Yes, there was this girl whom i meet almost every morning on my way to school. We take the same bus to school, but shes from a different school. Went to school together for 2 years, and sometimes we go home together too, on the same bus. But I've never spoken to her. Never got the courage too. Heh. She was beauty personified and she exudes a charm and graciousness that stuns me. Must be why I could never say a word to her even when I tried to.
    You should approach her. You know... those are the kinds of things you regret when you get older. If you get it over with, either you can strike up a beautiful relationship, or nothing happens and you move on. But don't hold yourself back. Don't fear. Fear will haunt you later on.

My moment was probably the first day of a new school in 8th grade. I was walking through the school hallway when I went past the most beautiful person I've ever seen. I remember saying to myself, "Wow... what beauty." He had golden hair, symmetrical features, green eyes, and walked with the air of a Greek adonis that was unaware of his own beauty. It just stunned me. Turns out he became my best friend and tortured me for the next four years for he was straight as a line. Good times. In the end, I think it was better that way. Becoming more than friends jeopardizes any relationship.
    Last edited by Siblesz; February 05, 2007 at 09:46 AM.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

Metellus's Avatar Civitate

Arrrghhh!!!!

Idwayreth, better make yer move soon, laddie. Da Captain be 'avin dat experience wunce when Oi was a young gaff, but Oi wuz too shy, an studdered when Oi talked ta tha lass. Another dastard whot wuz braver an' more arrogant than me ended up winnin' 'er, cuz 'e took thar initiative.

It turns oot that yon wench actually did like me, but since Oi wuz always stutterin' an' fartin' with nervousness an' runnin' from da scene, she supposed Oi not be interested in 'er.
    Thars be foitin' wurds, aye! Go fer it.

I'll echo most sentiment here when I say give it a go, ask her. Even if she rejects you and makes you feel like a loser, you'll pat yourself on the back for having the guts, trust me.

Under proud patronage of halie satanus and House of Wilpuri
    Perge cornu canere - sclopetum repleo!
    Trans: Keep honking - I'm reloading!

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

My moment was probably the first day of a new school in 8th grade. I was walking through the school hallway when I went past the most beautiful person I've ever seen. I remember saying to myself, "Wow... what beauty." He had golden hair, symmetrical features, green eyes, and walked with the air of a Greek adonis that was unaware of his own beauty. It just stunned me.
    heeey wait a minute... "he"? are you a homosexual as well siblesz?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaho View Post
    heeey wait a minute... "he"? are you a homosexual as well siblesz?
    Ummm... I am sexually confused. Let's just leave it at that.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

300th_Spartan's Avatar Libertus

Last edited by 300th_Spartan; February 05, 2007 at 05:07 PM.

You Drink alot of beer in College.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Had this happen to me several times, both times i was speechless for a few moments before regaining my senses. I had known the person for a while, but a group of us were meeting up at college before going to a friends birthday meal, and she turned up having put on a little bit more make up and put on some nicer than usual clothes. I basically sat there for a few seconds with my mouth open and everything, before coming to my senses and saying how nice she looked. Turned out in the end she had done that mainly for me and we started going out not long after that. We have since split up but we are still great friends.

The 2nd time happened recently, and was a result of both their looks and personality. Im seeing how things go with this person as im not sure how they feel about me.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Maybe she isn't as beautiful as you see her. But if you see her that way, it says something about a potential relationship.

I saw a beautiful young thing when I was 24, and I was absolutely stunned. (I still see her as 20 years old.) I moved on her with all the ability I had developed since I realised that I had the "power" around women. However, I stood there flabbergasted and speechless, and she stood there laughing at me.

We've been married 32 years, now. We've had six children and three grandchildren, and I've never regretted my clumsy attempt at her for a second.

Make your move. Sib is right about regrets when you are older. The only time for you is now.

@300th_Spartan
    Go for it, my friend, unless you find out that she's engaged to the fellow. If the linebacker doesn't like it and acts the "jock", she might take pity on you and, later, find out that you're the better of the two. You don't know until you try.

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

I met a total of 3 girls like that in my life.
    I've seen a lot more just walking in the streets, but I don't think they count.

The first one was back at "highschool", but she didn't like me at all.
    The last one I've only seen a few times and we've lost contact.
    Funny detail about that one: I was with a girl (just a friend) when I first met her, and she happened to noticed the look in my eyes when I first saw this girl.
    I tried to hide it but apparently it was very obvious that I liked her.

The middle one, her name is Kiki, was the only one I ever got close to.
    We even went on holiday together (skiing), which was actually her idea.
    We were with a large group (about 30 people), and at first we weren't assigned to the same apartment, but I did some careful "negotiating" and managed to end up in the same apartment with 4 more people.
    In the apartment there were 4 single beds and a couch that converted to a double bed.
    I don't know where I got my nerves from, but I actually dared to ask Kiki to share the double bed with me.
    And to my surprise she even considered it for a while.
    But she eventually said she wanted to sleep in a single bed because she didn't want her bed to double as the couch. (she slept a LOT, at least 10 hours a day I think)

This totally sucked because I ended up having to share the double bed with a guy (the 4 girls all wanted a single bed now), but it sucked even more because this was the closest I've ever gotten to sharing a bed with a "perfect" girl.
    We were still very close during the next few days (lot of hugging and holding hands and stuff), but to my endless frustration it didn't go any further than that.
    I suspect she had a boyfriend at the time, and that she actually liked me but didn't want get in trouble for cheating. (or perhaps that was just wishful thinking)
    On the last day of our holiday I basically settled for a different girl, who I still dated for a few months afterwards, and that was also the last time I saw Kiki.

I did have a girlfriend who was close to perfect once (whe was waaaayyy to good looking for me and our relationship did not last long).
    And I'm usually not that focused on looks. (I'm not good looking myself, so I don;t have very high standards)
    But it still nags me that I did not manage to "score" with Kiki because somehow I think that would have made my life a little more complete.

PS: I definitely recommend making a move if you find a girl that attractive.
    I made my move and got turned down, but I'm actually happy that I tried because now I can still look at myself in the mirror.
    And if you don't have high hopes to begin with it actually doesn't hurt that much when you get turned down.
    Last edited by Erik; February 05, 2007 at 02:02 PM.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    Arrrghhh!!!!

QFT

@ the OP: When something like what you describe happens, GO FOR IT. Don't think twice, just go for it or you may end up regretting it for the rest of your life.

This thread is still worthless without pics, even though some smart admin deleted that comment (for what reason, who knows).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast