Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [M2TW AAR] Times of Darkness

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Times of Darkness

More Ideas
    Moors- confedracy of the united Berber tribes. And the Iberian defence force.
    Egypt- The Emirate of the Arabian Empire.
    Hungary- Magyar kingdoms
    Poland- Western empire of the slavs and Rus
    Russia- Eastern empire of the slavs and rus
    Scotland- Nothern barbarian alliance
    Aztecs- the Ancients.
    Milam- Ordo herecitus
    Venice ordo Mallus
    scilly- the norman empire
    imperial guard for HRE,poland and Russia.
    portugal- Iberian guerillas potugese Imperial guard and Iberian defence force.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Me again, and I'm continuing my AAR although in this part there are no pics Well at least not yet... Anyway enjoy.Oh! And forgive my poor French skills... I know it's horrible...

The Year of Syval, 734 - Frostfall

14 mars :

Nous avions marché le long du Rhin pendant presque 7 semaines. Nos rations de nourriture sont presque allées, et ce serait seulement une question de temps avant que nous mourions de faim à la mort. Je n'aurais jamais deviné que les démons ne seront pas ceux avoir causé nos décès, mais nature de mère elle-même. Je souhaite juste que nous arrivions à Francfort à temps. Mon cheval commence à regarder la droite très savoureuse au sujet de maintenant…

Quote Originally Posted by Translation
    March, 14: We have been marching along the Rhine for almost 7 weeks. Our food rations are almost gone, and it would only be a matter of time before we starve to death. I never would have guessed that demons won't be the ones to have caused our deaths, but Mother Nature herself. I just wish that we would arrive to Frankfurt in time. My horse is starting to look very tasty right about now...
    As King Henry makes his way to Scotland, French soldier Jacques of the Garde Impériale, marches towards the once mighty kingdom of Poland, that has recently fallen to the chaos hordes. Their task is to recover a Holy artifact held safe inside a cathedral. The Pope would not let the demons get hold of the artifact, for what reasons are not known.

12 avril :

Civilisation enfin! Ampèreheure, je ne peux pas attendre pour me coucher sur un lit mou et confortable. Battements dormant sur la saleté neige-couverte avec à peine toute protection contre les vents de refroidissement. Les femmes ne sont pas aussi mauvaises non plus. Un couple de mes amis s'a déjà, « mis au courant », de certains déjà. Les Allemands semblent être de bons et hospitaliers peuples. Dans cette ville au moins.

J'ai surpris mon commandant discuter au sujet « d'un objet façonné sacré », et comment nous avons été chargés pour le rechercher. Je ne sais pas quelle importance elle tient, mais j'espère qu'elle la vaudra la peine.

Quote Originally Posted by Translation
    April 12: Civilization at last! Ah, I can't wait to lie down on a soft and comfortable bed. Beats sleeping on snow-covered dirt with barely any protection from the chilling winds. The women aren't so bad either. A couple of my friends have already got themselves, "acquainted", with some already. The Germans seem to be a fine and hospitable people. In this city at least.

I overheard my commander discussing about a "sacred artifact", and how we were tasked to retrieve it. I don't know what importance it holds, but I hope it will be worth it.
    Last edited by ~Beren~; July 04, 2007 at 01:59 AM.

Another well-written entry .

Ok guys. It's been a while since I updated my AAR. Sorry to say that I have lost interest in writing, and I'll be discontinuing my work. It's all my fault I guess. I'm like a perfectionist. I try to make things all perfect, resulting in a whole load of stress.

Unless I'm inspired to continue on, I'm done with AARs. I'll just be around admiring others' work here and provide support and help in their AARs.

C'est la vie...
    Last edited by ~Beren~; July 30, 2007 at 09:59 PM.

Don't stop crazy you've got to continue.
    Bomberboy's reviews

Well, I don't know. I'm not really inspired to write a story anymore. But, I'll guess I'll try.

Hmmm, I MIGHT make more AARs. But I don't feel like completing this one... Maybe sometime in the future I will, or maybe someone else. Who knows? But I feel like making a Byzantine AAR. Ever since I played SS with LaCa's new spearmen unit, I'm inspired to write an AAR on how the Byzantines' fight desperately to survive. Something like that.

I don't know. I'll try anyway.

Wow, uber AAR. It'd be nice if you did continue, but it is your choice. Good work on the pics aswell.
    "... and those people, being naughty in my eyes, shall snuff it... "

GOOD NEWS! I'll be continuing my AAR after all! But then, I won't be using M2TW for the pictures. I found this program called Vue 6 Infinite and it inspired me to continue my AAR except with animation instead of pictures. I know a couple of good modelers that hopefully can provide me with medieval characters to pose with. But then, since I won't be using M2TW, I want to get people's insight on this.

Well it was a good read! Good luck with future works.
    Roma Surrectum - Beta Tester and Artist Co-Ordinator
    Under the Patronage of happyho

Do it crazy those animations might just work out.
    Bomberboy's reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bomberboy View Post
    Do it crazy those animations might just work out.
    Yes, I would. But then I found out I have to buy it for $235.

*sigh*

Time to bring out my piggy-bank.

What! $235 thats a disgrace. should be cheaper or cost nothing.
    Bomberboy's reviews

How come you don't want to use M2TW anymore?

I can still use M2TW, but then there aren't any mods out that has demon-like units. Until one such mod is released, I can use Vue as an alternative way.

Roman Knight's Avatar Campidoctor

Where's Cyprel's tutorial?

Quote Originally Posted by RomanKnight990 View Post
    Where's Cyprel's tutorial?
    He had a thread which let you download it. I don't know where it is now.

Might want to do some searching

Surprise, surprise.

Since, I'm in a good mood (and have nothing to do), I decided to continue and hopefully finish this AAR.

The Year of Syval, 734 - Frostfall

[Oliver]"******* rain"

I looked over to my friend, who cuddled under his blanket - shivering from the cold. It has been raining for 4 days now.

[Oliver]"Why must God torture us so?"

He grabs a bowl from the bowl and takes a sip from it.

[Jacques]"What do you mean?"

[Oliver]"Well, can't you see whats happening to the world? Satan has unleashed his legions against us, and what does God do in response? Nothing thats what!"

[Jacques]"Now, now, don't be so negative Oliver. These demons aren't immortal. Haven't you heard news of victories from our allies?"

[Oliver]"Yes I have. But apparently, there are more news of defeat than there are of victories..."

Silence, he got me there. The forces of Chaos have won a number of victories over humanity in the past months. It all seems hopeless now.

The silence is broken when the door of the Tavern slams open. A young kid, probably in his late teen years, rests at the side of the door, taking deep breaths. He was a messenger. Everyone in the tavern stares at him, hoping deep inside, that it's not an order from the Captain to move out. Not now.

[Messenger]"Orders from *breath* from the Captain *breath*

He was exhausted. He probably ran miles just to get here. I offered him a sit and wrapped him up with my blanket since he was wet all over.

[Jacques]"Come now boy, here, sit down. Now, what news do you bring to us?

[Messenger]"Thank you, I bring news from the Captain. A group of cultists are mobilizing on the outskirts of the city! The militia has been already sent to fight, but they will need our support. The Captain orders all available troops to assemble outside the walls, we are to support the militia in driving out the cultists."

Cultists? Never have I heard them to be this aggressive. They usually spend their time in hiding, praising their dark Lords in their underground altars. They have never been known to actually band together and fight. Now, a small contingent of these cultists marches towards Frankfurt. But in order to reach the city, they have to cross a bridge 3 kilometers southeast of the city. That is where the militia is probably heading.

[Jacques]
    "Are you sure that they are cultists boy?"

[Messenger]"I don't know sir, that's what I've been told. I never really got to see them myself."

[Jacques]"Okay, just stay here and rest. Before you catch a cold. Bartender! Some hot soup for the kid!"

There was something strange about this bartender. He must be new, since I never saw his face here before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After having marched for 5 excruciating hours out in the rain, we were finally able to rendezvous with the Frankfurt militia. They have already formed up at the end of the bridge, waiting for the arrival of the demons. Waiting for the arrival of death. For these men are far too unexperienced to face the Dark Knights, let alone face half-lings. I can see it in their eyes. I can sense their fear, their trepidation. They don't want to die. These young men were merely levied and forced to fight to defend their families.

Most of these kids won't be able to feel the warmth of a woman's body. Or even their mother's hugs... I can only feel sorry for these poor souls.

[Lieutenant]"Schnell! Form up 2 lines men! Quickly now!"

The soldiers hastily, yet clumsily, scatter towards their formations. Evidently, they haven't received sufficient training.

We watch as the Germans form up 3 yards away. If the militia were to falter, we would have to finish what's left of the cultists. The wind is shivering cold. My teeth can't help but to bite each other. I then felt a hand tap my shoulder. I look back to see Oliver, somehow in a more happy mood than he was back at the tavern. I gave a friendly smirk, to show a sense of acceptance of his presence.

[Oliver]Aren't you glad we finally get to fight these demons? After all these years or torment, after all these years of wanting revenge for the murder of my family, I can finally strike back at these heathens! Ha ha!"

The way he said those lines kind of changed the way I looked at my dear old friend Oliver. I always knew him as being quite and serious. But here, he acted as if he was about to go berserk. I can sense the blood lust in him. He is too eager to face these cultists.

[Jacques]"Are you feeling alright there Oliver? I've never seen you this...eccentric before."

He looks at me with a smile. It's as if he just swallowed a whole sack of sugar.

[Oliver]"Ohh, you know I am friend."

A few hours passed. We can see the enemy army appear from the horizon. As they march closer, the Germans brace themselves. The enemy's archers rained down fire arrows against the militia's position, and the results were devastating. Some of them even panicked and ran away, which our musketeers were ordered to bring them down in the end.

The tension was unbearable. We watched as the cultists and some demonic footmen cross the bridge, and then suddenly charge up against the militia's first line.

We can't help but watch, as the cultists cut down those brave soldiers. But the militia still managed to hold their lines. I expected them to break already. But they still hang in there.

[Oliver]"Ugghh! When do WE attack?!"

[Jacques]"Oliver, calm down. What's wrong with you? I've never seen you act this way before."

[Oliver]"Ohh I don't know, I feel like I can take down a whole legion. I am so filled with energy, that I...Uggh!!! That doesn't matter. What matter is that I get to spill some blood!"

And that's when I remembered the soup he drank. What was in it? Who was that bartender?

[Jacques]"Oliver, I think that bartender put something in your soup to make you act this way. I think you should sit down and re..."

[Oliver]"NO! I must have my share of the fun! I must! If you guys won't charge, I will!"

[Jaques]"Oliver, no wait!"

It was too late, Oliver was already running to the chaos of the battle. He was oblivious in blood-lust. I managed to grab him in time before he killed this one militia man.

[Jacques]"Oliver! What the hell are you doing?! Get back in formation!"

He shoved me away. I had to order 3 of our men to finally be able to hold him down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 18 long minutes of fighting and bloodshed, the cultists' attack breaks! They start running across the bridge in panic! Our Captain found this to be the opportune time to strike back, and orders a unit of Voulgers to the center of the bridge and from a spear wall.

The Voulgers slowly advance, a few steps at a time, until the reach the enemy's end of the bridge. They managed to cut any demon that dared to come near them.

The whole enemy army finally broke formation and were routed. The militia managed to survive this day.

The rest of us were stunned. How could have these militiamen stand up to such a foe? Some of us hailed that God has guided them to victory, while some say it's mere good luck. They still lost a significant amount of men however. And the ones who survived, have been scarred for life.

After helping the militia search for their wounded and dead, we marched back towards Frankfurt.

Note: My AAR will focus mostly on Jacques for the time being. But other characters from the story will appear on some occasions. It's just a way for me to stick to one story.
    Last edited by ~Beren~; September 23, 2007 at 11:42 AM.

Default Re: Times of Darkness - UPDATED!!!

Good chapter, Cra_z. Although there are some few glitches in the layout where you forgot to 'bold' the name of the person whom is speaking.

Otherwise, keep it up as allways.

Default Re: Times of Darkness - UPDATED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius julius octavinus View Post
    Good chapter, Cra_z. Although there are some few glitches in the layout where you forgot to 'bold' the name of the person whom is speaking.

Otherwise, keep it up as allways.

I tried to bold the parts of the important characters.

But I'll change that.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast