Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What does your Username mean?

Default What does your Username mean?

I'm surprised I havn't been able to track this down anywhere, so I'll start off here, one I'd like to see is Garb's...

My name actualy traces back to my Warhammer days, my favorite race, the Dark Elves, became my life to some extent. I knew all there was to know about their society (God I was sad!). My favorite class were the Black Guard, the guards of the king himself.

I created a unique character (who I drew, thats the man with the pointed sword seen in most of my signatures over time) who I named the Silver Guard. And that my friends is the origin of my username!

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: What does your Username mean?

In every forums (like RTR and .org) I uses the nick LestaT from the movie/book Interview with the vampire. I used to register witht hat nick too here but unfortunately I cannot post (cannot activate or something).

The when HBO Rome was playing I like the Pullo character so I use it..

The Angry add-on was when I registered at filefront it says that Titus Pullo is already in use so it gives options. I choose the first one...

Anyway, any admin who can change my nick back to LestaT ?? I like uniformity in every forums I join.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

My username is my surname. Simple as that. On some forums, and when i play online games i use the name Cemendur, who was a King of Gondor in LOTR, and was first used when i signed up at the FATW forums at SCC way back in dec/nov 04.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Romanos's Avatar Hey

I decided to take Rome as my username because 3 years ago I wetting my pants for Rome Total War. Ac on the other hand was chosen when I join the com (few days before joining Legion Total War) seeing the name Rome was already taken it generated one and there you go.
    Under the Great and Honorable Patronage of Fabolous
    Patron (father) of Sir Matthias and ForgottenImmortal
    Grandson of Lucius Veronus
    Member of S.I.N
    Sept 2003 - 2004 - 2nd Generation Jun 23 2004 (25-Feb)

I once had an unhealthy....(once....still do actualy) obsession with the movie Aliens and the Colonial Marines...my favorite being Hicks.

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

I am from Romania and Moromete (Ilie Moromete, to be exact) is the name of a very interesting character in the novel aptly named "Morometii" by Marin Preda. I very much like the character, especially as he is philosophically inclined, even thought he is only a peasant...

I have this username almost everywhere I sign in, if it is possible. In the beginning I also had the surname "the Dacian" but it was long and I dropped it at some point...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

I would have been Wild Dog but someone registered that first

Makanyane is the Tswana (Botswana language) name for the African Wild Dog - which I used to have as an avatar. The spelling (ma- prefix) is a bit open to debate - but as everyone misspells name anyway, meh....

Lycaon Pictus is latin name for same animal meaning 'painted wolf'.

Doesn't have any significance beyond being my favourite animal.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Atterdag was the nickname of a high medieval Danish king who resurrected Denmark back from the dead in the second half of the 13th century.

He was a hard and sometimes cruel man, but he got the job done and won all of Denmark back from the German counts and Skåne from the king of Sweden only with the Northern part of Jutland as a base.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

the 17th century nickname assigned to one of my heroes, Edward, Prince of Wales. Eldest son of Edward III, King of England and France

Sir Dinadan was a knight at King Arthur's round table. He loved music and poetry more then fighting but could still fight well. He was the only knight that could tell the other knights of the court by their faces.

Dinadan is known for his good humor and joking nature. Unlike most other knights in Arthurian romance, Dinadan prefers to avoid fights and considers courtly love a waste of time, though he is a brave fighter when he needs to be.He is more sociable than most of the knights, and is often a useful companion because of it. In Le Morte d'Arthur, he is one of the few knights to be able to recognize his fellows from their faces in addition to their shields; in one instance Tristan does not recognize his own King until Dinadan tells him who it is.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinadan
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

My username is the nickname for the greatest Byzantine Emperor, Basil II. The nickname means 'Bulgar Slayer', which he attained after the battle of Kleidon during his Bulgar Wars, where he defeated a Bulgar army and blinded 99% of the survivors.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60551

Theres my article about him, sadly incomplete. I'll have to finish it.....someday.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Mine has no meaning as far as I know. But whenever someone sees it they no that I dominate.

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Ramses II, or more rather his name as immoratalised by Mr Shelley in the poem of the same name as my username with the even more immortal couplet as preserved in my signature, was the inspiration, alongside a perverse regression to the ancient as all others modernised around me, of the username...

TheKwas's Avatar Civitate

My typical Username on forums is "Username" (which itself has a long history and some interesting stories), but when I came here there was already a poster (a pretty good one, he does the title honour) with the Username 'Username'.

'TheKwas' and 'Kwasy' are both 'real-life' nicknames that I been given due to my hard-to-pronouce surname. TheKwas is the more pretentious of the two, so I figured it was more suited for this board.
    1) The creation of the world is the most marvelous achievement imaginable.
    2) The merit of an achievement is the product of (a) its intrinsic quality, and (b) the ability of its creator.
    3) The greater the disability (or handicap) of the creator, the more impressive the achievement.
    4) The most formidable handicap for a creator would be non-existence.
    5) Therefore if we suppose that the universe is the product of an existent creator we can conceive a greater being — namely, one who created everything while not existing.
    6) Therefore, God does not exist.

Garbarsardar's love child, and the only child he loves. ^-^

Shazbot's Avatar grant woodgrain grippin

Shazbot is used instead of **** (The S word) in the game Tribes.

That's about it.

'Apocalypsis' is Greek for 'Apocalypse', meaning revelation or 'lifting of the veil'.

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

The "Raven" comes from the fact that my father wanted to give me that name, but my mother got the right to name me .
    The "Darkwing" is just a addon coz of my fantasy fetish and for separating me from other "Ravens"
    - What can change the nature of a man?

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

From a Belgian cell phone operator, got an SMS from them while me and some friends were en route to Amsterdam to ehh check out the city's great culture...

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

dtole it from my mates World of Warcraft character, I occasionally flirt with the username Libertine which is from the band.
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

There used to be a kindergarden close to my house called Wilpuri. I thought it looked spiffy, and adopted it as my internet pseudonym. The name is derived from the Teutonic name Wilbur, which means bright resolve. Most fitting...

Quote Originally Posted by TheKwas View Post
    My typical Username on forums is "Username" (which itself has a long history and some interesting stories), but when I came here there was already a poster (a pretty good one, he does the title honour) with the Username 'Username'.
    I haven't seen him in ages...
    Last edited by wilpuri; March 15, 2007 at 08:07 AM.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast