Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skins for Redfox/Zarax

Maraxus's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Skins for Redfox/Zarax

should be by Wednesday night, i had some school stuff last week, but this week i should have plenty of time. I was doing some last week and i just realized i don't know if you use the same shield patterns as in XGM? and if so what patterns do you want me to use.

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

You don't have to worry about anything other than the colour of the units... I will make the necessary modifications myself.

Redfox, do you know if i need permission to recolor ATG's Generals?

also Im done with the IGCS units, i just need to do mounts and the General

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

Well, I figure XGM already has permission to use them, so recolouring wouldn't be bad as he's still credited as creator of the texture.

I'll be waiting for your e-mail then, thanks for helping.

i'll send the skins tonight after i get off work, and ill finish and send the mounts/generals and whatever else is left on Friday afternoon

I can still have them done by tonight. Im off work today and my girlfriend is out of town, so i can literally get a lot done

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus View Post

I can still have them done by tonight. Im off work today and my girlfriend is out of town, so i can literally get a lot done
    Sounds like a nice day for you Maraxus...I can't remember when I had a whole day to myself...

btw, nice coloring job...looks great!
    Last edited by Balikedes; April 13, 2007 at 12:01 PM. Reason: had to add
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

Redfox, i just sent them out, let me know if i forgot anything.

I will take a look at them once I can get them to my working PC. If anything's missing I will try and use your textures to modify them.
    You have done a tremendous job, so asking you to rework a texture or two would be just asking too much..

Thanks again, Cheers

old vs new

heres my first Diadochi Epirus/XGM Indy Greek reskin.

Look good redfox?

DBH, when i redo the Indy Greeks, I wont change the file names so all you'll have to do is extract them over the old ones.

Well, looks good alright, though I'd like to see how it looks with green-black also.
    Could you arrange something like that?

Its up to you Redfox, either would be equally easy/hard to do. Black is the easiest color to work with but I already have a lot of white trim to sample from. Long story short, it doesn't make any difference to me

Well, I think black would do better, as Epirus is still a Macedonian shadow faction...

I haven't posted anything lately, so i figured... why not.

Redfox, do you prefer painted shields or metal? Ive been playing around with different shields all day for your mod and these are my favorites so far. I haven't decided who will get which metal shield yet, I'm going to do some research to match the patterns to specific regions. I'm fairly certain that only the elite units should get non-painted/metal shields, they look fancier/more expensive. Do you want all units to have unique shields? Or just higher level units?

I really like the progress so far and the shields really rock. It would be good if you made a most varied set of shield designs as possible, every unit should have an unique shield - it's the simples form of indentification.

As for the elites, I think all of the high end level elites should carry the faction symbol on their shields (like the Agema Hypaspists for example).

The Aegean units should have more armour than the Macedonians, basically a strong mix between Iphikrates's and Pezhetairoi with the stats also inbetween, though I really like the Pergamese units.'

Try if you can get some Macedonian shoulderpads to the Greek Hoplites, for some reason the greek ones just look crap, maybe dig into some stuff from the Alexander expansion? There's a lot of cool stuff there

Take your time though, quality and beauty comes foremost, so try to do your best on each of them (and frankly, the Diadochi shields just kick ass).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12