Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heraldry for Regions & Provinces (Kingdoms)

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Heraldry for Regions & Provinces (BigMap)

I've been looking into the "King of ..." ancillary, and it's no problem to implement. But the question is more if it's any point to add it? I mean the Faction Leader is already King, so is there any need for an ancillary?

But the thing is if I put the "King of ..." ancillary in, then you can actually become King of England, Scotland and Ireland, and Prince of Wales etc.

Another thing is that generals can only have 8 ancillaries at the time, meaning if your King already has 8 ancillaries, the he won't get the title King of Scotland or Ireland.

So, should I put the ancillary in the next version?
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Eques's Avatar Laetus

We can address that problem with traits and not ancillaries, and they don't have to be king we could name them

Ruler of England
    Ruler of Scotland
    etc.

and if they loose control of the region we could have an anti trait to say Former Ruler of England...scotland

that one solution to the problem

Update boys n' girls! I've uploaded an new version of the heraldry stuff.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

I will try this then ,,
    I cant seem to play battles with vista becaus the nvidia drivers are rubbish and it crashs , so I have to auto resolve , this means the heraldry is a bigger part of my game : )
    I have not had any crashes regarding the heralds yet which is good.
    Did you get any where with the extra titles for owning 3 regions .

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Creator of
    Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3

Oh yes , I have uploaded a 2.3 version of the Standard Map..
    I have not tested the heraldry mod with it yet , so you may want to confirm.
    Standard does not have the same amount of regions about 4 or 5 less I think
    but they all have the same names/entries
    Maybe it will just be a case of deleting the entries for the missing regions

Creator of

Hi,

yes, regarding the extra titles, I borrowed part of the ancillary file from Anno Domini (asked permission of course ). AD uses a lot of 'King of ...' titles, King of England, King of Wales, King of Burgundy, King of Bohemia, King of Lithuania and lots more. I changes some titles to 'Prince of ...' and 'Duke of ...' instead, and made these lesser titles transferable, so your King doesn't have to have 8 royal titles, but can pass them on to familymembers or generals. Then you can in fact make your english heir the Prince of Wales.

I also added Caliphs (works the same way as King-titles), to become Caliph of Cairo, you have to hold 5-6 regions around Egypt, but then your leader gets a boost in Piety, Authority and Law. There's also titles for the Caliph of Bagdad and of Cordoba.
    Last edited by billydilly; April 25, 2007 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sb2ean View Post
    Oh yes , I have uploaded a 2.3 version of the Standard Map..
    I have not tested the heraldry mod with it yet , so you may want to confirm.
    Standard does not have the same amount of regions about 4 or 5 less I think
    but they all have the same names/entries
    Maybe it will just be a case of deleting the entries for the missing regions
    I added DB Heraldry 1.0 to The Sicilian Vespers modded 2.1 standard map successfully. I had to change a few entries, and add some of my custom changes, but it works beautifully. Great job billydilly

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Icon11 Re: Heraldry for Regions & Provinces (BigMap)

Hey billydilly....Great work so far...I have one request of you if it isn't too much trouble...Could u provide your heraldry mod for the version of RPM 2.1 standard edition, not the BigMap version.This mod has allowances for us to play the RPM with a good number of provinces without the errors which seem to follow the next version 2.3 standard edition due to the introduction of new factions like Mali and Ireland...So could u devise a heraldry mod for 2.1 standard edition please...Please?Thanks ya!

Alright! A new version for RP 2.4 is out!

It has been ready for quite a while, I had planned to add BBB 2.0 before I released it, but BBB 2.0 isn't available yet. So I'll just release another version when BBB 2.0 is ready.

@ Charging_Knight.
    I don't think i'll be releasing a version for the standard 2.3 map. Sorry.

BD

I will download this , I hope it works with my save game , I have started a campaign with Georgia and have done to much now to have to start again.
    have you ever tried save games

Creator of

Hi,

no I haven't But someone said it messed things up when you add it to a savegame.

Well I can confirm it does not work with Saved games .
    My King was 'Born of Milanese blood' ' Born of Greek blood ,
    'Born of Venitian blood ' but also was paranoid of Venitians as 'Theyre always upto somthing , he was also related to King Harold and hated russians to boot

Once I started a new game though it worked perfect

Creator of

Just wanted to let you know that I'm currently adding BBB 2.0 to my Heraldry add-on. I have done most of it already, and i'm testing it now. Will upload in a couple of days.

BD

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

"former king of..." was a good idea. it could lower many aspects of the comander.:

-3 authority
    -2 piety
    -2 morale for troops on field
    -2 command
    +2 dread

such a huge decrease would make the player want to take back the lands.

I got the 2.4 mod, using english version of 1.2 . and when i use the launcher it does not list the regions and provinces mod, i tried but you said but it does not work.

You have to click the 'LauncherReg' file, it adds 'something' to the registry, then you can use the Launcher.

mm whit irland the shield only show a comma

and wouldn't using traits be more effective because you can get more , and i know you can schuffel tame around , but does the computer know it?

hello Billydilly, i have one (maybe stupid) question...i'm playing M2TW with Regions&ProvincesMod big map but i dont use your BD Heraldry for RP. I have big problem because during AI turn it usually crash.
    when i use your BD Heraldry for RP my savegame works fine...but i love traits and so from original game and i wanna play R&P mod with them...
    is it possible or i will have problems always if i will not use your addon ?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by TommyZA View Post
    hello Billydilly, i have one (maybe stupid) question...i'm playing M2TW with Regions&ProvincesMod big map but i dont use your BD Heraldry for RP. I have big problem because during AI turn it usually crash.
    when i use your BD Heraldry for RP my savegame works fine...but i love traits and so from original game and i wanna play R&P mod with them...
    is it possible or i will have problems always if i will not use your addon ?
    Excuse me for horning in, but the mod works the same with the addon as without it.

i'm not sure because when i play my save...game usually crash during AI turn...but when i install BD heraldry...game continues normally to next turn...i can send you system.log.txt, maybe something else is problem but i dont know what...i use M2TW with kingdoms using patch 1.3 and only mod which i installed is R&P BM...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast