Thread: The ATI radeon 1950 XTX

Default The ATI radeon 1950 XTX

I'm contemplating getting this graphics card, is it any good? I'm not looking for anything super-deluxe-mega-yeah, but I'm not spending tuppence hapeney. IS it a decent card?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: The ATI radeon 1950 XTX

Quote Originally Posted by Melboy View Post
    I'm contemplating getting this graphics card, is it any good? I'm not looking for anything super-deluxe-mega-yeah, but I'm not spending tuppence hapeney. IS it a decent card?
    I have the 1950Pro (lower power than the XTX), and i'm pretty satisfied, yes

But just compare the different card properties per offer/company, to your liking/your system.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

cheers mate

Yer it is a very good card but how much does it cost? Because the GDDR4 versions cost as much as the 8800GTS and you might as well buy one of them otherwise.
    Last edited by Doono; June 20, 2007 at 09:55 AM.

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

It's the best ATI DX9 card and will play everything out at the moment at max settings fine. I got mine in a nice sale but i would advise you to go for an 8800GTS 320mb as it is a bit more bang for your buck at this price range and is DX10 ready.