View Poll Results: What about getting Arcanii with longer swords into XGM?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

7 53.85%
  • No!

6 46.15%

Thread: What about transferring Arcanii to XGMs Parthia?

Internazionale's Avatar Campidoctor

Default What about transferring Arcanii to XGMs Parthia?

Presto, Immortals Just need longer swords

Maraxus's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: What about transferring Arcanii to XGMs Parthia?

I bet the desert infantry model would make a good immortal, just put scalemail on the chest under those shoulder robe things.

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

They don't fit to something remotely historical as XGM tries to be. there are enough mods and minimods about that movie 300, no need to ruin this great mod

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

We already have pretty ahistorical but though immortals (imho they are more like EB thorakitai argiraspidai only available to parthia), the catch is that they are a what-if unit based on the hypothesis that if the parthians conquered back the seleucids they would have been more like the old achmeneid empire and thus having an heavy elite foot unit...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

starXdiaMoo's Avatar Miles

Phalanx_15: I think you have been influenced by the ''300'' movie, my friend What I can tell you almost for sure, is that those Immortals in the movie are completely different from the Immortals that where originaly used by the Persian Empire. Though Parthia using Immortals in the time frame of XGM is quite a bit anachronistic, I like your theory Zarax!
    Last edited by starXdiaMoo; April 21, 2007 at 09:18 AM.

ΜΕΤΡΟΝ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΝ...
    Drop by and help me with the EB/BI 1.6 project!

The anachronism of the immortals in XGM has been previously noted. You could rename them if you please; what they represent is merely something analogous to the old Achaemenid immortals.

Keep in mind, the purpose of the immortals was probably political as much as anything else. The Achaemenid empire was made up of a lot of relatively autonomous constituent states, and each of those states might rebel if they thought they could get away with it, or if they had outside help. See the Ionian rebellion in Sardis for an example.

If the friezes of soldiers armed with lances and bows do represent immortals, then they weren't really equipped that much better than other soldiers of their time and area. They would, however, have been loyal to the throne and not to some regional strongman.

Think of the immortals as Saddam's Republican Guard; an insurance that the army does not turn disloyal to the government. Since the Parthians ruled over a rather fractious empire, it's only reasonable that they would try to develop something similar.
    Under the patronage of Simetrical. I am but a pawn in his evil schemes.

Internazionale's Avatar Campidoctor

Ok I see, yeah I was so mad about the 300 movie^^
    I know its not historical, but maybe I should just wait for (What was his name again? He that was modding XGM into a 300 mod?) to get finished xD