Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: July 1st My doomsday

Default Re: July 1st My doomsday

It is confirmed that, in adults, exposure to secondhand smoke causes lung cancer, nasal sinus cancer, breast cancer in younger women, heart disease, heart attacks, and asthma induction, where the risk increases with increasing exposure.

Smokers are instruments of death.

You couldn't do this in NYC before I started smoking so I at least don't know what I'm missing.

Yes ,yes ,yes I'm not going to argue about second hand smoke being bad,my arguement is (and always has been) there should be places especially for smokers (i'd say about 30 % of pubs should be membership places where people can smoke). Then everyone who doesn't smoke can have their clean air pubs and us who want to enjoy our nasty little vice can do so. Even a tiny well venilated room in a corner of a pub would do us.
    The government are ok their little parlimentry drinking clubs are not covered under this new rule.
    Also whats room with a smoking room at work. We are only allowed to smoke in these little box rooms and there is no chance of non smokers breathing our air.

Also don't forget we put in more money into NHS coffers then we get out.
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

I agree. I think it should be up to the owner if he wants to have a smoking or a non-smoking bar. That way they can see if the business goes better when the smokers are gone or other way around :p

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

well i am a barman in a pub, today was my first shift smoke free, and it was great! the pub smelt better and their was a much better smell as well!

suprisingly we are usualy rushed off our feet on a sunday lunch, today was very quite for a sunday (9 tables)

hopfully its not a sign of things to come

Quote Originally Posted by LoZz View Post
    well i am a barman in a pub, today was my first shift smoke free, and it was great! the pub smelt better and their was a much better smell as well!

suprisingly we are usualy rushed off our feet on a sunday lunch, today was very quite for a sunday (9 tables)

hopfully its not a sign of things to come
    I don't think the pubs will stay quiet. Everyone will adapt (even us poor smokers) .
    and Future Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by LoZz View Post
    the pub smelt better and their was a much better smell as well!

Gah! When they ban smoking in bars around here, I'll stop changing clothes and washing myself as a sign of protest - there goes your good smell .

No seriously - I can't see why the state intervenes - let the innkeeper choose- imho the right to smoke is for him to decide on due to his domestic authority.

under the patronage of Belisarius

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Well i'll be dammed my state of victoria decided to enact the exact same law on the excat same day creepy
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackadder View Post
    Well i'll be dammed my state of victoria decided to enact the exact same law on the excat same day creepy
    Surprise surprise! Keep your eyes open.

catintheoven's Avatar Senator

just chew your tobacco or import some snuff

use a pipe and just exhale into a balloon

In the UK we are a democracy one day in four years when we elect our oligarchy

I am not a smoker and never have been, but smokers, I feel your pains. Smokers have replaced jews as the world's most persecuted minority. You smokers should take to the streets and demand your freedom.

Baseball is the highest cultural achievement of human civilization.

William the Bastard's Avatar Invictus Maneo

Quote Originally Posted by Daovonnaex View Post
    Smokers have replaced jews as the world's most persecuted minority.
    Don't lie. You know Gingers have taken that mantle.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I do apologise if any Ginger people are offended by this statement. All I am trying to do is get other people to see your plight by highlighting it.

Skyler's Avatar Soul Searching Sun Gun
    Netherlands, universal centre of sexy coalas in hotpants

As of ...somewhere in 2008 smoking will be banned in Dutchtopia thus effectively crippling our last bastion of insane smoking delight in pubs, where 90% of the people that goes to such places smoke.

This madness will forever haunt us when faced with seasonal change and the harsh reallity of having to smoke outside. Yes, an insane amount of us, the smokers, must overcome the madness by dying a little later then we would like to.

So NobleSavage, looks like we will be brothers in arms soon enough.

Just a moment, I am going to light one up now.

On an other note, hey Will how is it going? I haven't been TWCing for a while.

A SINnish member
    Under the patronage of Eclipse SG
    Cows bark, dolphins lie, it is all the same down here

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    On an other note, hey Will how is it going? I haven't been TWCing for a while.
    Very good thank you. So the Dutch are having to follow EU guide lines then? I am not that up to date with Dutch economy but I do know that most of my friends who have been there went to participate in the "culture". Won't this affect your income from tourism quite a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by William the Bastard View Post
    Very good thank you. So the Dutch are having to follow EU guide lines then? I am not that up to date with Dutch economy but I do know that most of my friends who have been there went to participate in the "culture". Won't this affect your income from tourism quite a bit?
    Yes it will Will.

It is the Cristian Union's opus magnus, so to speak.
    It isn't so much of external desire (EU) but rather an internal one.

They are hell bent on bringing a law that prohibits users from smoking marihuana in the shops which sell it. This is utterly insane because coffee shops tend to attract people that generally smoke, one substance or another.

Those people will have to go on the streets to smoke weed or hash and it will be the cause of much grievence among the citizens that have to put up with it.

We seem to have a few retardely insane, but evil non the less, people in our goverment trying to do some equally retarded things.
    Last edited by Skyler; July 02, 2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Mary jane stoner adding bee. bzzzzzzzzz

A SINnish member

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Yes it will Will.

It is the Cristian Union's opus magnus, so to speak.
    It isn't so much of external desire (EU) but rather an internal one.

They are hell bent on bringing a law that prohibits users from smoking marihuana in the shops which sell it. This is utterly insane because coffee shops tend to attract people that generally smoke, one substance or another.

Those people will have to go on the streets to smoke weed or hash and it will be the cause of much grievence among the citizens that have to put up with it.

We seem to have a few retardely insane, but evil non the less, people in our goverment trying to do some equally retarded things.
    No No No

The do-gooders have got the french and now the Dutch too. It's all a losing battle if the Dutch have to stop smoking in pubs and cafes too.
    and Future Filmmaker

Anyone else think that the excessive drinkers are getting away with murder here? Literally in some circumstances as I have never heard of a Tobacco smoker getting in a car and mounting the pavement. Or dieing after a single night of excess. Or even making such a mess and destruction of our streets at night. Hmmmmm I see something odd going on here and I don't like it.

Dark times indeed, it is one thing to ban smoking in horeca but applying it to coffeeshops is where I draw the line.

The duality of some things are really breathtaking.

''We do not want to know, and for that matter allow, how weed gets into your coffeeshops.... but you may sell it legally if we do not catch you perpetrating.''

''We want to keep our streets nice and clean, best we rid the unneccessary potsmokers, who cause so much trouble, by not allowing them to smoke in a regulated areas. Huh? Why you ask? Dear Darwin, we hate SMOKE, it blinds us, more so than without, really..... stop looking at me, I am not being retarded.''

Really.
    Last edited by Skyler; July 02, 2007 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Whiskey bee bee buzz

A SINnish member

I live in montreal and we have this policy since last year now. But it's not so bad once you get used to. you just need to get 9 meters away from the doors of any public places ( that's the law)

Author of the Battle of Kenross AAR

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
    From July 1st 2007 it is illegal in england to smoke in enclosed public spaces,including work smoking rooms,pubs and resturants

As quite a heavy smoker I'm dreading this ,even though it is seen universally as a disgusting habit ,its one of the few vices in life I enjoy (being married means I've all given up the few intresting ones left) Are their any fellow brits who will be affected (negatively or positively ) and how is affecting other posters in this forum who live in areas where it is already been "controlled"

I'll be very intrested in peoples views

Thanks
    I personally think bars should be able to chose if they want to allow smokers.
    according to exarch I am like
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234