Thread: Ratio of Roman's to Enemies

Default Ratio of Roman's to Enemies

What is your ratio in the SPQR Kill Sheet? Mine is 4.12:1 Roman. Before it was around 5.23:1 Roman, but unfortunately after a small string of defeats to Gaul it went down, but now I have recovered and am raising the ratio up. What is yours?

Salaam,
    Adnan

Miles

Default Re: Ratio of Roman's to Enemies

4.68:1

about 10 years into the campaign.
    Last edited by mdibatti; April 27, 2007 at 07:03 PM.

i am playing on large settings not huge.

my ratio till now is currently 11.48:1 roman and i have just hit the marius reforms.

i have a question to the right of the graph there is "other kill ratios" can u tell me how does it work because it is showing 2.2:1 gaul and 0.7:1 rebel what does it mean.

It's important to specify what difficulty, settings and rules you are playing or otherwise it's very easy to get high kill ratios ;-)

I'm playing H/H with script activated on Huge settings and I can assure that it is bloody hard to keep rates of 3 to 1 or higher unless we cheat on the AI (no house rules).

I'm now at 3.15:1 and I have been beaten by hardened Gaul armies that conquered and sacked Genua for a couple of years. On that occasion my kill ratio dropped to 2.60:1 but now I have managed to push them back and take 2 cities from them... I'm now planning to take Sicily and Sardinia from Carthage.
    Last edited by jegui; April 28, 2007 at 04:51 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Mine is I think a little under 4:1, year 179 BC Playing M/M with houserules and some more houserules of my own.

I think a huge change to make the game harder that I might try sometime, would be to remove the chirugeon ancillary. Or making it less effective if thats possible. But I wont make it harder until I actually finish a campaign on normal settings.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Yes I think I will adjust the ancillaries myself, there was is too many of them too easily, this happened when I installed the changes made a long while ago made by someone. I agree not just that one but ALOT of them are too easy to get. I will fix that and Archer Ammo to half and release a new version of the Patch. Same number just new version.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

sounds good lt and u seem to have implemented an old idea that i threw up (the archer ammo) but less drastic than me lol

The problem with the surgeon though is that I will still try to get one before I put the general in charge of an army. It will just take longer. I agree about making other ancillaries harder to get, but this one I would rather have him made less effective or removed entirely. Making him harder to get will just make it a lot more tedious micromanaging but they will be just as effective.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

He wont be floating around very much so when you get one its worth it, but you just cant get one so easy now. As for effectiveness its 15 percent that isnt that Bad for healing(I did adjust to 10% though). Just because YOU look for these to make an army doesnt mean everyone does. If I happen to SEE one I will add that to the general, but overall I can control myself and still have an army without one. Anyway lateri n the game because they are now rare you wont have enough for all your generals.
    Last edited by lt1956; April 28, 2007 at 03:05 PM.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Ducenarius

i've never seen so many gluttons for punishment

i know this question is getting a bit cliche, but will current 6.3 save games be future 6.3 compatible? will it be the same except that without the ancillary changes?

m/m
    123 BC
    huge settings
    no garrison script or 4 turns a year
    not following all house roules
    kill ratio 3.53:1 roman
    romans lost: 153.254 (only battle results)
    enemies killed: 540.638 (only battle results)

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    m/m
    123 BC
    huge settings
    no garrison script or 4 turns a year
    not following all house roules
    kill ratio 3.53:1 roman
    romans lost: 153.254 (only battle results)
    enemies killed: 540.638 (only battle results)
    Where can I find these ratio's or change the settings to huge?

If you go into options on the main menu, then video options and press to see the advanced options, you can set unit size. To see your kill ratio, you gotta use the kill sheet in the Rome - Total War/SPQR_Readme folder. It uses Microsoft Excel, so you need that. To use the sheet, all you do is, for each battle, insert the number of romans killed (in the column under where it says 'Romans Killed' in one of the boxes under the word 'statistics'), and then the number of enemies killed (if they're gauls, put them under the 'Gauls' column. If its Carthaginians, put the number of Carthaginians killed in the 'Carthaginians' column). Experiment with it to find out how it works.

♦♦♦♦▲♦♦♦♦
    ♦♦♦▲▲♦♦♦
    ♦♦▲ • ▲♦♦
    ♦▲▲ ▲▲♦