Thread: UNIT CARDS

Default UNIT CARDS

hey guys first and for most a great mod,,, but can i ask maybe a stupid question,,,, thanks,,, why does the unit cards not match the men on the field ,, when i play as the julli the unit cards are the old vanilla unit cards and the men are reskined ,,, can sum one help me out thanks ,, o and i did install the mod in the right place ..lol

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: UNIT CARDS

For some reason Dime still hasn't added those, i'm sure they'll be there in the next build.

thanks mate for your reply

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

not sure if this link still works - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44393
    if not just search the download section in TWC for the modding legions skinpack, download the unit cards folder and instal the ui folder in your XGM/data directory. it will ask to override so make sure it's only the ui folder and that it's in XGM -data and not in the original rtw

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

That download link doesn't work any more. Anyone who wants the Modding Legions unit cards needs to download the latest version and then copy and paste the UI folder into the XGM/Data folder (you can discard the rest of the ML download as it is already in XGM).

As far as I know DBH will not be including the ML unit cards in any future build (he doesn't care for them).

Maraxus's Avatar Semisalis

I'm not sure exactly but it would seem to me that DBH worries more about gameplay features than polishing unneeded stuff. Maybe this summer I can practice making good looking unit cards and volunteer to do them for him. Unlike DBH i know almost nothing about coding and care mostly about polish.

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

The cards are still somewhere in the TWC, I downloaded and applied them, its pretty simple. I asked about this a while ago and Dime responded saying that he doesn't care for them much, so I doubt that they will be incorporated.

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I think that I could make the cards in Gimp.

I thought my first efforts were lame, but each time I make a new card, they get better.

Maraxus, I can set you up with a template scene for unit cards if you have 3ds Max 8/9 and VRay 1.5

Would be really nice if you could do those as I just don't have the time for such things, neither does Dime I believe, because there are hundreds of unitcards and gameplay balance is far more important.

If you're interested I will set you up with a very good template file and directions what to do.
    If you don't have 3ds Max 9, I can PM you with a link to the trial (hopefully you will finish all the unitcards in 30 days...)

Maraxus's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Maraxus, I can set you up with a template scene for unit cards if you have 3ds Max 8/9 and VRay 1.5

Would be really nice if you could do those as I just don't have the time for such things, neither does Dime I believe, because there are hundreds of unitcards and gameplay balance is far more important.

If you're interested I will set you up with a very good template file and directions what to do.
    If you don't have 3ds Max 9, I can PM you with a link to the trial (hopefully you will finish all the unitcards in 30 days...)
    I have 3d studio max but I am completely self taught, which means i know virtually nothing. Pretty much all i can do is load the .CAS files and thats about it. If you can make a "how to" i can give it a shot. After next week Friday I should have more than enough time to do some.

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

I see, do you have Max 9? If not, it would be nice if you'd get the trial...