Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Most Hated People on Earth

Blau&Gruen's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: The Most Hated People on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Last Roman View Post
    That religious as well as socio-economic hatred became ingrained in many European minds.
    Being at the wrong place at the wrong time, you could also end upon a heap of wood for having red hair or a nasty cat in your garden. Social-economic hatred is likely always a motive to commit crimes but it is possible as you say that this motive could articulate especially well when the public order break down or when economic and social change took place. Ironically, you can observe that the more the medieval society changes in the 13th/14th centurty into an early modern society, where legal matters start to be more formlized and less bound to a person, the situation for protected minorities, including the jews, declines.
    Last edited by Blau&Gruen; May 16, 2007 at 09:33 AM.
    Patronized by Ozymandias
    Je bâtis ma demeure
    Le livre des questions
    Un étranger avec sous le bras un livre de petit format

golemzombiroboticvacuumcleanerstrawberrycream

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by AbrahamShalom View Post
    If fear reigns your heart to get beaten to death one day.
    It doesn't.

I think you've got to differentiate between governments and the people they rule.

As someone said earlier on, the American government is extremely unpopular (although too many of its so-called haters are all to happy to grab its money through aid, etc. whenever it is offered) As for the American people, I don't think they are truly hated. And if they are, it's mostly just envy at their wealth and opportunities.

As for the English/British, there was a time when they were hated. But these days I would argue that they are one of the most respected and admired (albeit begrudingly) nations in the world. India and Kenya, for example, two of the most famous examples of colonies from the days of Empire, still have a very high regard for the English. I've met many from both countries who romanticize the English (perhaps too much so). I'm sure it's true of many other ex-colonies.

All major countries have their detractors, though often it's little more than a schoolboy rivalry. I don't think the French and the English don't really hate one another. They love to complain about one another, like an old wife and husband, but I don't see either wishing serious harm on the other.

Maybe we should differentiate between 'most hated' and 'most annoying'. The French are probably seen as one of the most annoying countries - certainly for the Americans and English (both of whom would probaly also figure quite highly on the list).

I'd say that in the West, Iran is probably the most politically/socially hated country (though not the Persian ex-pats who have taken residence in the US/UK/France,etc). Then Muslim countries in general, followed by the most corrupt African nations (Nigerians, for example). I think Russia is also pretty high. As for China, I wouldn't say it's hated, but it's certainly viewed with suspicion, mistrust and fear, particularly by the Americans and Brits.

Historically, I'd agree with most of the other posts - the Jews have probably received the most hatred throughout history. From the anicent period, through to the medieval, and finally the modern, they have been consitently persecuted. I think that propbaly explains why Israel is such an aggressive state - it carries the siege mentality of more than two thousand years on its shoulders.

Sebdeas's Avatar Senator

The Jews were also accused of causing the plague in Europe, because the Jews, in perspective, barely suffered from the plague due too them living in seperated 'Ghetto's' (that's were the word comes from, not from black neighbourhoods)

Blau&Gruen's Avatar Civitate

Iraqis cooperating with the allies or the gouvernment risk to come on death lists.
    Last edited by Blau&Gruen; May 16, 2007 at 10:08 AM.
    Patronized by Ozymandias
    Je bâtis ma demeure
    Le livre des questions
    Un étranger avec sous le bras un livre de petit format

golemzombiroboticvacuumcleanerstrawberrycream

Quote Originally Posted by The Super Pope View Post
    Are the English the nost hated people on Earth? If not who is

The English are hated by:
    Welsh
    Scots
    Irish
    French
    Germans
    Some Americans
    Spanish(poss)
    Arabs(Thanks to Iraq)
    The French don't hate the English (we're in 2007, this time is over). You have it the wrong way. Not that i think most of the English hate the French but I do think the contempt for the French is more widespread in the UK than the contempt for the English in France.

I doubt the English can be labelled "the most hated people on earth".

Spain 1492 - one of the first acts united spain did when they finally pushed the Arabs out of Granada, was to order all Jews to convert or leave Spain. 10 years later all remaining Jews and Muslims were forcibly converted
    actually they both were expulsed later

You know, I'm an American, I don't hate English, and I don't KNOW anyone who hates English.

Does anyone else?

Quite the contrary I think. Are all you Brits aware of the fact that due to your accents alone if you moved to America you would be INSTANT babe magnets?

Yes that's right. You might be a loser and a slob in England, but move to the U.S. and get yourself a nice suit and you'd have to beat the ladies off with a stick.

And as has been said before, Americans are pretty hated. The only reason Canada is still "independent" is so Americans can put the Canadian flag on their backpacks when they travel abroad.

Indefinitely Banned

Sorry if anyone's offended by their country's inclusion on this list but I can't think of a single European state which doesn't have some excuse to hate the English.
    I was wondering how we are perceived outside of England, because the only time we seem to be no the news is when ther's an angry mob burning our flag (where so they get thos flags anyway)
    I also had in mind memories of travelling in Snowdonia, going into a bar and everyone would be speaking English. Then one of us would open our mouths and the entire bar would go quiet. Then everyone would speak in Welsh so we couldn't understand them.
    I'm not saying this is universal, but this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ajm317 View Post
    You know, I'm an American, I don't hate English, and I don't KNOW anyone who hates English.

Does anyone else?

Quite the contrary I think. Are all you Brits aware of the fact that due to your accents alone if you moved to America you would be INSTANT babe magnets?

Yes that's right. You might be a loser and a slob in England, but move to the U.S. and get yourself a nice suit and you'd have to beat the ladies off with a stick.

And as has been said before, Americans are pretty hated. The only reason Canada is still "independent" is so Americans can put the Canadian flag on their backpacks when they travel abroad.
    Soryy about the double post but I've just noticed this. i don't think this is gonna work for those of us with Birmingham accents
    Last edited by Last Roman; May 16, 2007 at 04:38 PM.

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by molonthegreat View Post
    I dont think the Germans hate the English.
    I second that, the hard feelings are gone since imperial Germany fell.

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

Right,where do I have to apply for a green card
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

My girlfriend has admitted that she'd leave me for a man with an English accent.

My girlfriend has admitted that she'd leave me for a man with an English accent.
    Strange that my wife said she would leave my for a texan,watching too much Dallas I think
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

if the Jews are gods chosen people how come they are perecuted and have historically been treated badly?

may be there god is some kind of sadist
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

If you pay the plane fare I'll come over, seduce your girlfriend and dump her in a one night stand, leaving her with an instinctive bitter resentment of the English for the rest of her life - just buy the tickets on the net and have them posted to me. Better to get it done this way and than to risk someone sincere doing it in a few years time. Of course, she'd be secretly thinking of me every time in bed for the rest of your days together, but what does that matter as long as she knows whose chick she is and whose kitchen she's supposed to stay in.
    Last edited by Cluny the Scourge; May 16, 2007 at 02:26 PM.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Life is Rubbish View Post
    if the Jews are gods chosen people how come they are perecuted and have historically been treated badly?

Sadly in these instances, it's people, not God, who are the sadist.

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Life is Rubbish View Post

Some Jews told me that it is because they are supposed to suffer in this world due to mistakes in the past or something.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Quote Originally Posted by boofhead View Post
    These days in Iraq a wounded "insurgent" gets medical care, freely provided by US troops. The opposite never occurs. In fact quite the opposite.

I know of many cases in which Iraqis have taken wounded coalition troops into their homes or brought them blankets. Blankets that might cost what a full weeks work brings in.

I even know of one case in which a Shiite militia drove a wounded US soldier to a nearby militia controlled hospital and dropped him at a US checkpoint 2 days later.

While it is true some Iraqis can be cold hearted, my buddy told me of a time a young boy was injured in crossfire, my buddy carried him to a house and a Iraqi woman wouldn't let him in to her house for fear he would bleed on her possessions. In fact she got quite angry that the boy was bleeding on the driveway in her car port.

but most are just like any other human being, they will bend over backwards to help.
    Last edited by mrmouth; May 16, 2007 at 07:02 PM.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

The Jews are the most hated people not the British.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge View Post
    If you pay the plane fare I'll come over, seduce your girlfriend and dump her in a one night stand, leaving her with an instinctive bitter resentment of the English for the rest of her life - just buy the tickets on the net and have them posted to me. Better to get it done this way and than to risk someone sincere doing it in a few years time. Of course, she'd be secretly thinking of me every time in bed for the rest of your days together, but what does that matter as long as she knows whose chick she is and whose kitchen she's supposed to stay in.
    My girlfriend's response to this post:

"Is he hot?"

No tickets for you.