Thread: Urgent Request

Default Urgent Request

sadly my friend has been diagnosed with suspected meningitis and is very very sick
    i visited him in the hospital yesterday and brought my laptop with me so we had something to do
    he loves to play Rome Total War and all the time i get new units for him when i go round to his
    so anyway he and i was looking through Total War Center forums for an hour or something we found this thread about units form early builds of rtw and we looked at the pictures he was amazed
    the first thing that came out of his mouth was "can you get them ones?" i replied "i dont know" and we carried on browsing the forums
    my point is if someone could make this unit i provide with a picture could someone please make it for him it would be a great present and would mean the world to me and him
    thankyou
    spartan kid

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Urgent Request

Isn't this the same as a thread you posted a while ago asking for people to make them, except now there is the story of your friend in it?

Oh, and those units are low quality models from the alpha version of RTW long ditched by CA before the game was released.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

They're already made, but since its for a sick kid and you I'll try to find the files, there's a whole bunch of greek and macedon files and its going to take a while.
    Member of Narnia total war, it just happened one day.

If I beg you will you model for me?

No they're not laready made, there alpha version RTW units, units made and discarded during the dev process. THey are not community made.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

But aren't they in the PAK extractor? where you can extract the units from models_unit.pak inside the pak folder?

Hey lusted could you tell spartan kid what the unit is? I've tried all the hoplite versions for greece and I can't find anything that resembles the picture too closely. I don't even know what faction those hoplites are.

Awhile ago I modified one of Dark_fenrirs models to look like that. I think it was his at least. It's not the same model or texture exactly, but it was close enough for me at the time.

Of course the model and parts of the texture do not belong to me, so I'm not sure if I could give it to you. If it's for a mod obviously you couldn't use it, if it's for private use I don't see what the problem is. If it's close enough to what you are looking for PM me.

If this is breaking any rules just let me know. I'm not really part of the community here, I just lurk now and then. So pardon me ahead of time if I am doing something I should not!

Last edited by USMARINE; May 17, 2007 at 09:56 AM.

But aren't they in the PAK extractor? where you can extract the units from models_unit.pak inside the pak folder?
    No, these units were from alpha version of RTw, they were never in the full version, not even as unused models.

Hey lusted could you tell spartan kid what the unit is? I've tried all the hoplite versions for greece and I can't find anything that resembles the picture too closely. I don't even know what faction those hoplites are.
    Like i've said multiple times the units are from the alpha version, they were discarded relatively early in the game production and replaced with different models.
    Creator of:

Quote Originally Posted by USMARINE View Post
    Awhile ago I modified one of Dark_fenrirs models to look like that. I think it was his at least. It's not the same model or texture exactly, but it was close enough for me at the time.

Of course the model and parts of the texture do not belong to me, so I'm not sure if I could give it to you. If it's for a mod obviously you couldn't use it, if it's for private use I don't see what the problem is. If it's close enough to what you are looking for PM me.

If this is breaking any rules just let me know. I'm not really part of the community here, I just lurk now and then. So pardon me ahead of time if I am doing something I should not!

Jeez! I love those units! Especially the mean looking guys on the left hand side. Kind of like a cross between CA's Peloponnesian Spartan and a Bastarnae. Any chance you can release these as a skin pack? I believe that so long as you give credit to whoever's work you used, it should be fine.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

A while ago someone posted an urgent request for a customisation to be done to their son's Medieval Total War game because he was seriously ill, to which Ramtha graciously responded. I hope very much Spartan Kid that your request for these changes on behalf of a sick friend is a genuine one, because if it is not it affords you very little respect with any member of this forum or anyone else for that matter.

I agree with Crawe those textures are very good and I suggest that as Dark_Fenrirs is no longer about here you perhaps ask advice from Professor420 about making them available within his Repository, as they are bound to be a popular download.