Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ~Getai Units Preview~

Maced0n's Avatar Domesticus

Default ~Getai Units Preview~

Preview of Getai units, rendered in 3DSmax.
    All units are done by the expert, Caius Britanicus.

Last edited by RedXIII; May 23, 2007 at 08:24 PM. Reason: update

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Default Re: Getai units preview

Nice Preview Maced0n!

As the Forums seem to down again, its nice to see progress continues on the Mod.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Nice looking units, especially the Ramphoia which I don't believe I've ever seen before(and Getae was my chosen faction in EB).

At any rate, something does really need to be organized to display the work of the team more to the community. We have a learning center that we're now opening up, but I think in our current stage of limbo, all the RTR devs, historians included, should be hammering down on informing the community, not thinking about the world series when we haven't even rounded first base.

No one is asking for an overview of the whole game, or a huge update every single week. If all the team did was compile all/most the units from a faction, some of the unique buildings and attributes that faction holds, and then get the brilliantly talented historians to take the picture preview and turn it into a learning outlet, describing in good detail the background of each of the units and the social structures and all that, then give it to someone like myself to edit it for the presentation awe factor and sell it to the community, that would be one of the most fantastic previews I've seen, and it would not honestly be that difficult, since the work is already there(as far as we're being told).

If someone gave me all the historical research and images and info I needed to make a preview, heck, I'd compile it. As a Senator and the overlord of the Achtung! area, a large donator, and generally an upstanding contributor to the well-being of the project, I strongly believe that if all we did was do one in-depth look at one or two factions each month(more preferably two weeks given the slated summer/fall release), increasing the updates as release draws nearer, there would be plenty of stuff to base it off, given there's upwards of 20 factions including Counter and Mini factions, not to mention seperate segments that could describe some systems like any new AOR/ZOR changes, etc.

The fact of the matter is, in a modification game, surprise is useless in such massive quantity. If I know almost nothing about the game I'm a lot less likely to download it. Even though I continue to dedicate a fair share of my time to the community of RTR, I am a busy person, and if there's not enough awe factor building up before release, I may not even download it just because I don't want to have to make playing the game like an easter egg hunt, or have to check back here weeks after release for there to be in-depth summaries of the content.

I realize Mark has not been on MSN all week, so not sure what if anything that has to do with this, and I don't think the forums being down should be too huge a deal if coordination was structured properly; we have a developer forum on TWC too, we've gone though enough forum downtimes that we should have learned by now to keep complete backups of everything here so work can be continued if the forums go down. I'm busy, but as always I will do whatever I can to help, whether that means compiling whole previews, editing them for presentation, or doing some other manner of thing that will satiate the necessity of the community being informed. One thing I will not do is continue to "Live on a prayer" so to speak. Like many have said, while progress was before stopped under Dark's leadership, the community was told it was ongoing and continued to support. We rallied to the banner once more when we found out that the development was farther set back, but the standard of Mother RTR is not being preached by those that have made it, and those of us that come to her call can only sit in the burning sun for so long before we retire to our homes.

All the Best,
    Chris
    RTR Super Supporter

Indefinitely Banned

WA WA WEE WA!

Once again, you guys the only mod that will make me re-install RTW. Keep it up!

Great units like always. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Maced0n; May 19, 2007 at 01:32 AM.

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Great preview, make more and please some picture of the map
    One question have the Getai some type of reform.
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

KALI's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Nice looking units, especially the Ramphoia which I don't believe I've ever seen before(and Getae was my chosen faction in EB).

At any rate, something does really need to be organized to display the work of the team more to the community. ....................... should be hammering down on informing the community, not thinking about the world series when we haven't even rounded first base......

I am a busy person, and if there's not enough awe factor building up before release, I may not even download it just because I don't want to have to make playing the game like an easter egg hunt, or have to check back here weeks after release for there to be in-depth summaries of the content.

and I don't think the forums being down should be too huge a deal if coordination was structured properly; we have a developer forum on TWC too, we've gone though enough forum downtimes that we should have learned by now to keep complete backups of everything here so work can be continued if the forums go down. I'm busy, but as always I will do whatever I can to help, whether that means compiling whole previews, editing them for presentation, or doing some other manner of thing that will satiate the necessity of the community being informed. One thing I will not do is continue to "Live on a prayer" so to speak.

Chris
    RTR Super Supporter
    Hi Chris,
    thanks for the offers of help but putting previews together isn't our real problem. The forum downtime has had and is continuing to have a huge effect on team progress. We've even lost some team members.
    The sad truth is with out our forums things start to grind to halt. We have been using the TWC as a back up forum but to maintain privacy and secrecy, very little that is down loadable or viewable is posted.
    Its not just you and other supporters who are frustrated we're all sitting on our hands here. I too am a very busy man and when i occasionally get an hour or two to produce work and find the forums down its seriously frustrating. Particularly when i realise it'll probably be 3 days before I can get in front of my own PC again.
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

You forgot the archers.

Quote Originally Posted by kepper View Post
    One question have the Getai some type of reform.
    That was the plan, yes. The unit that is named(note: the unit names above are not the final ones) getai late swords was intended as a reform unit introduced by Burebista. They are supposed to be the "professional' troops of the getai, loyal to the state/king and not local nobility.

Very good job !
    I want to play RTR 7.0 !!!!!!!!!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

nice units! but i will sitch the models of the bodyguard and the heavy cavalry

keep the previews coming :-)
    Hybris

Just a small correction: the name of the Thracian sword is RHOMPHAIA, nor Ramphoia.

These are truly awesome units - I think very possibly the best collection of Dacian/Thracian types I've seen (edging out EB's). On ething though, do the Getai get any pike/phalanx type units? Or is it purely shock troops and light infantry?

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Beautiful. Caius is brilliant. I still fire up Crusades once in a while to drool over his work.

Hurrah Hurrah!

Nice to see something at last.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Quote Originally Posted by Crawe View Post
    On ething though, do the Getai get any pike/phalanx type units?
    Absolutely not. I am aware that EB has some sort of getai phalangites, but RTR will not have anything like that. The only unit missing form the preview above is the horse-archer. Along with the general and draco bearer.
    This being said, let`s not turn this preview thread into an EB vs RTR thing. To each its own way.

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    Absolutely not. I am aware that EB has some sort of getai phalangites, but RTR will not have anything like that. The only unit missing form the preview above is the horse-archer. Along with the general and draco bearer.
    This being said, let`s not turn this preview thread into an EB vs RTR thing. To each its own way.
    No problem, just wondering. As for EB vs RTR, that's a non-issue. They're the two best mods, each offering different strengths. Keep up the good work.

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

*big orgasm*

it's about time! beautifull work! Caius, as usual, brilliant!
    [IMG]

Laetus

great work i think (Y)

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    it's about time! beautifull work! Caius, as usual, brilliant!
    Yes, he is. And since the bodyguards are already displayed above I presume there is no harm if I show you this close up to the helmet. In the picture above it is not that clear so I think you`ll all appreciate the level of detail Caius has achieved with this one.

It`s drown by hand and it follows the design of the real thing:
    Last edited by florin80; May 20, 2007 at 05:33 PM.

That is amazing detail. Caius is quite an awesome modeller and skinner isn't he?

Keep up the good work everyone, especially Caius, I will definatly play this when it comes out.

RM3
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

just one problem with one skins. it looks like the general bodyguard has invisible legs (the upper part)
    [IMG]

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast