Thread: Curial Committee on the Expansion of TWC: Applications

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Default Curial Committee on the Expansion of TWC: Applications

We are presently soliciting applicants to a Curial Committee on the expansion of TWC into other games and game series to widen the membership and increase the intake of the site, as per Article 4, Section 2 of the Constitution; we ask all those with ideas on the matter to apply here, and shall select as many as we feel needful to complete the Committee.

Please state your reason for wishing to participate and any experience you feel may be relevant to the Committee.

The Curial Committee has a role in assessing the various options: the viability of the expansion as an absolute; the viability of expanding into the different game franchises; the viability of different methods of increasing participation in such discussions of them; and so on - effectively it is a policy talking shop.
    Last edited by Ozymandias; May 19, 2007 at 06:06 AM.

Default Re: Curial Committee on the Expansion of TWC: Applications

i'll save ideas for later
    Last edited by Kanaric; May 20, 2007 at 01:14 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Kanaric, this is an application thread - don't say eveything now!

Ok, sorry about that. This is just something that i've been wanting to do for a while.

I want to participate in this simply because I feel I can contribute in a way that these sites, or whatever your plan is for the other games, may need. Articles, mod reviews, finding mods to host, getting news, or whatever else you may need as far as help. I've been wanting to do this for a long time and have suggested an idea like this before when I was civitate.

I've run forums and websites for things such as CS servers and am knowledgeable about modding and up and coming games as well that might be something of use.

I posted these ideas to show that i've been thinking about this for a while and definitely want to contribute in some way, whatever is possible.
    Last edited by Kanaric; May 20, 2007 at 02:33 PM.

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Ok, sorry about that. This is just something that i've been wanting to do for a while.

I want to participate in this simply because I feel I can contribute in a way that these sites, or whatever your plan is for the other games, may need. Articles, mod reviews, finding mods to host, getting news, or whatever else you may need as far as help. I've been wanting to do this for a long time and have suggested an idea like this before when I was civitate.

I've run forums and websites for things such as CS servers and am knowledgeable about modding and up and coming games as well that might be something of use.

I posted these ideas to show that i've been thinking about this for a while and definitely want to contribute in some way, whatever is possible.
    If I wasn't aware of your interest, I wouldn't have been talking to you...

true

I'll give a hand. I'm trying to currently drum up some interest in the excellent Dwarf Fortress - a free game - and will be getting more involved in the other Circus Maximus shizzle as soon as my exams are over in just over a week - especially EUIII.

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

A Committee of 10 has been selected but I'll leave this open for any further applications to be made should people wish to so do.

Indefinitely Banned

I want to push my clans forum idea through

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

I'd like to put in a request for an expansion of the Circus Maximus...

Over the last month or so there has been an increase of interest in the game Warhammer 40,000 - Dawn of War. The games has sparked quite a few fairly popular threads and the game was recently brought back up into current discussion with my series of reviews (in Member Submitted Reviews section).

Now, however, within the last day or so I've begun to gather DoW fans together to form a TWC clan/club that will just form a small community of TWC member-exclusive players who will play each other online and maybe other opponents.

Interest in this concept has been fairly good and the following members have all expressed either their concentrated interest or devotion already to this idea:

Markas
    Hellheaven1987
    The Last Spartan
    Valentin II
    Serious Samurai
    Matt Erickson
    bomberboy
    Modern Life is Rubbish
    cra_z_guy

What I'm simply asking for is a nice space to concentrate all DoW threads/subject matter. A sub-forum within the Circus Maximus where this clan/club can post news, results, announcements, etc without polluting the existing Circus full of DoW related threads and such.

As of right now the club/clan is still in developmental stages and I guess depending on if this request is approved or not that will determine how it will develop.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!