Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread for SV 2.0 Early Era (beta)

Default Bug Thread for SV 2.0 Early Era (beta)

Please only post bug reports, for the SV 2.0 Early Era, in this thread.

Medieval II Update 2 Bug List:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96624

Current issues:

- factions Accents - completed
    - Switch Aspets & Azats (request) - completed
    - Armenian Family tree: Heir not connected - completed
    - Missing skins: rebel Kurdish Javelinmen ME Bodyguard - completed
    - Expand Aragonese unit roster
    - Sicily starts with a Comitiva unit, switch to Mailed Knights. - completed
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; May 28, 2007 at 09:09 AM.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Default Re: Bug Thread for SV 2.0 Early Era

Faction: Armenians
    Enemy: Rebels
    Place: Tripoli
    Inferred cause: Kurdish Javelinmen in the rebel army
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

When i load a battle the skins for Bulgaria, Serbia, And a few other units are missing, anyone have an idea?
    Last edited by Pickle_mole; May 20, 2007 at 05:28 PM. Reason: grammer

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

this has happened two times......i understood the first time that it it would ctd so i just saved and went on to a face off with the very possible CTD which i lost....but then i loaded the saved game and went on

the question....why doe's this happen and is there something i can do to prevent it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ermeni View Post
    this has happened two times......i understood the first time that it it would ctd so i just saved and went on to a face off with the very possible CTD which i lost....but then i loaded the saved game and went on

the question....why doe's this happen and is there something i can do to prevent it?

Did you installed to the default location? You could try adding this to the SicilianVespers.cfg:

[io]
    file_first = true

During development, I had this in the cfg, but I removed it shortly before releasing because
    I thought it was no longer necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle_mole View Post
    When i load a battle the skins for Bulgaria, Serbia, And a few other units are missing, anyone have an idea?
    Did you install the official MIITW 1.02 patch?
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; May 20, 2007 at 08:40 PM.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

I'm tryng to play with Sicilian faction,but after 5/10 minutes during the game,the mod crash to desktop...

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

I have the exact same problem as Ermeni, the icons get messed up and it'll CTD sometimes when you press on them.

I installed correctly and the firstfile = true is in the SicilianVespers.cfg

@ Ermeni and The Mongol

Did you both install the 1.02 patch over a fresh install of vanilla MIITW? It appears problems like this can occur when you install 1.02 over 1.01.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...&postcount=115
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; May 21, 2007 at 12:58 PM.

For some reason I cannot access the Early campaign.

Both "e" and "l" take me to the same menu - the late campaign menu.

Quote Originally Posted by IRPhydeaux View Post
    For some reason I cannot access the Early campaign.

Both "e" and "l" take me to the same menu - the late campaign menu.

The SV era menu just preps the files.

You should:

1) select "e" to set the appropriate faction names.

2) Select Single player

3) Select Custom Campaigns

4) Select The Sicilian Vespers Early Era Campaign

For late:

1) select "l" to set the appropriate faction names.

2) Select Single player

3) Select Grand Campaign

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hi SV, my first playtesting-report for 2.0 Early Era:

I cleaned my games directory/folder from any M2+SV installs, then i have installed M2 from scratch and then 1.02 again, yesterday. Then fresh SV 2.0 as per instructions. Tried as the English.

I get error messages ("M2 detected an uncertain error and has to be closed" in this sense) which let the game ctd after that (i've to accept, set OK)
    - in the campaign mode while end turn
    - or also in the turn itself if i double-click the Scottish armies, ships or settlements
    - the game can be reloaded and played further though
    - ... now until 1100 AD, it stops, it seems it always crashes while end turn, tried 3x reloads.

I will still load two screenshots of the error message. (Strange is, i had these kind of error messages also with SV 1.1 and 1.2 Late ...).
    Just in case, i have also the saves of these 2.0 English campaign.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Hmmm, I did install 1.2 over 1.1

I might do a reinstall, it's not that bad, it only happens once and a while but it can be crappy when it does it and you forget to save

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Hi SV, my first playtesting-report for 2.0 Early Era:

I cleaned my games directory/folder from any M2+SV installs, then i have installed M2 from scratch and then 1.02 again, yesterday. Then fresh SV 2.0 as per instructions. Tried as the English.

I get error messages ("M2 detected an uncertain error and has to be closed" in this sense) which let the game ctd after that (i've to accept, set OK)
    - in the campaign mode while end turn
    - or also in the turn itself if i double-click the Scottish armies, ships or settlements
    - the game can be reloaded and played further though
    - ... now until 1100 AD, it stops, it seems it always crashes while end turn, tried 3x reloads.

I will still load two screenshots of the error message. (Strange is, i had these kind of error messages also with SV 1.1 and 1.2 Late ...).
    Just in case, i have also the saves of these 2.0 English campaign.
    I have an idea what this is, but I have to investigate it when I get home. WHat does it say in the log? Anything about traits?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    I have an idea what this is, but I have to investigate it when I get home. WHat does it say in the log? Anything about traits?
    Yep, i was already up to ask you after enabled background scripts or special minimods which cause those errors in this relation ... i'll also send you the log via pm ... hm, i remember some missed files, but i thought this is due to the SV-Mod install ... i have not that much knowledge about the MTW II engine, to say not none knowledge and haven't ever the time to analize it or the SV mod file structure.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Yep, i was already up to ask you after enabled background scripts or special minimods which cause those errors in this relation ... i'll also send you the log via pm ... hm, i remember some missed files, but i thought this is due to the SV-Mod install ... i have not that much knowledge about the MTW II engine, to say not none knowledge and haven't ever the time to analize it or the SV mod file structure.
    We will probably have to revert back to the vanilla 1.2 traits, until BB&B 2.0 is out.

Patrician Artifex

Btw., is the MTW feature of taking prisoners after battle disabled? I never got it ....

Hello, I have this issue in both campaigns:

1) I cannot see what does a trait or title means, by pointing mouse over the text

2) I play with Genoa: In Early campaign, when i pass the turn, the game locks up at the venetian faction's turn. I can move around the map, but cannot do anymore. This happens even in Late Campaign after 2 turns, but with the English faction or the Castilla y Leon faction instead.

I installed SV over 1.1 patched to 1.2. Do you suggest a complete reinstall?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by |Lorre| View Post
    Hello, I have this issue in both campaigns:

1) I cannot see what does a trait or title means, by pointing mouse over the text

2) I play with Genoa: In Early campaign, when i pass the turn, the game locks up at the venetian faction's turn. I can move around the map, but cannot do anymore. This happens even in Late Campaign after 2 turns, but with the English faction or the Castilla y Leon faction instead.

I installed SV over 1.1 patched to 1.2. Do you suggest a complete reinstall?
    Thank you
    I would reinstall.

If that does not work, you can try deleting the following files, and starting a new campaign:

\data\
    export_descr_character_traits.txt
    export_descr_vnvs_enums.txt

\data\text\
    export_vnvs.txt

This will return to the vanilla 1.2 traits.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; May 21, 2007 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    I would reinstall.

If that does not work, you can try deleting the following files, and starting a new campaign:

\data\
    export_descr_character_traits.txt
    export_descr_vnvs_enums.txt

\data\text\
    export_vnvs.txt

This will return to the vanilla 1.2 traits.
    I reinstalled all, then patched to 1.2, then installed SV like you explained. I removed the files, but things did not change, but there is some news:

Playing normally M2TW, the function of "mouse over" does not work in all cases (not with your mod, nor with normal game). For example I cannot see a description of my relationship with the Pope, or the traits.

Concerning SV in detail, the "2nd turn" bug, still exist, in both campaigns, and with all factions, so i cannot play any campaign, because after two turns, the game locks up in another faction's one. I can use ESC and exit to main menu, but cannot go further. I tried to save the game, then reload, but it did not work
    Last edited by |Lorre|; May 21, 2007 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by |Lorre| View Post
    I reinstalled all, then patched to 1.2, then installed SV like you explained. I removed the files, but things did not change, but there is some news:

Playing normally M2TW, the function of "mouse over" does not work in all cases (not with your mod, nor with normal game). For example I cannot see a description of my relationship with the Pope, or the traits.

Concerning SV in detail, the "2nd turn" bug, still exist, in both campaigns, and with all factions, so i cannot play any campaign, because after two turns, the game locks up in another faction's one. I can use ESC and exit to main menu, but cannot go further. I tried to save the game, then reload, but it did not work
    Something is not quite right with your install. Are you able to play the vanilla campaign?

[EDIT]
    You could also try removing UAI 1.5.

These are the files to delete:

descr_settlement_mechanics.xml
    descr_faction_standing.txt
    descr_diplomacy.xml
    descr_campaign_db.xml
    descr_campaign_ai_db.xml

The ai labels for muslim and orthodox faction mist be changed in the descr_strat:

Change to this:

ai_label default

It will use the vanilla 1.02 AI
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; May 22, 2007 at 05:32 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast