Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread for SV 2.0 Early Era (beta)

Default Re: Bug Thread for SV 2.0 Early Era (beta)

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Perhaps you can be more specific (faction, settlement, units you can recruit as yet in these settlements)?
    I am that friend.A play it for Spain/Castila y Leon and in all settlemnts and Castle/Fortress/Citadel.I can recruit in Settlements Spear Militia and in the Castle/Fortress/Citadel JAvelinmen.A have the bulding for recruit better units but I can recruit those
    Last edited by skuki; June 11, 2007 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skuki View Post
    I am that friend.A play it for Spain/Castila y Leon and in all settlemnts and Castle/Fortress/Citadel.I can recruit in Settlements Spear Militia and in the Castle/Fortress/Citadel JAvelinmen.A have the bulding for recruit better units but I can recruit those
    Could you upload a save file?

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    Could you upload a save file?
    Of course...Here it is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KA6TXKVY Thats same in the Late Era.But I started campaign for English and I didnt have this problem All unit could be recruiting...
    Last edited by skuki; June 11, 2007 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skuki View Post
    Of course...Here it is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KA6TXKVY Thats same in the Late Era.But I started campaign for English and I didnt have this problem All unit could be recruiting...
    Thanks, I'll take a look at it after work.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    Thanks, I'll take a look at it after work.
    I looking forward to you fix it.I want to finish long campaign for Kingodm of Castilla y Leon and SV is the best way for this

guess i'll add some of my bug experiences here as well

apart from the minor fixes like starting locations of empires and such, i noticed this:

- the random CTD that happens when you see your icon menus go bananas like pointed out on the first page (with screenie), its not disturbing cuz it doesn't make your game stuch forever and is gone when you restart.

- those godlike white skinned units. certain rebel units and mercs are plain white. as if paint fell on them, and shiny paint that is. i had it with a rebel general, with teutonic knights and with mercs in SV late era. its also no ruining the game (it doesn't even make it crash), but you cant say its normal. its like some an army of ghosts justs comes riding out of a gate its MTW and not LOTR so... i only had it with rebels

- the icons of chivalric knights & feudal knights are switched.

- i dont think this is a bug or more like a balancing issue thing, but why is it harder to keep public order in castles, fortresses, etc... ? a large city requires like 3-4 garissoned units, but the fortress next to its shows a yellow face at garisson of 8-9 units and sometimes 20 units are required to keep a minimum of civil order in a citadel... why is this? in MTW2 and all other mods its mostly the other way around, so is this intended?

otherwise it plays nicely if i notice more weird things i'll post them
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

Feliks's Avatar Ω
    Deep Space Nine, Habitat Ring Two, Section 4

It seems like I'm unable to recruit a few units that I should be able to as Denmark.

So far, the units which are "missing" are

Norse Swordsmen
    Norse War Clerics
    Norse Axemen
    and a bunch more.

Is that just because it's the early period and they become recruitable later (which would be different than vanilla) or are they just missing?

If it's the former, when do "high period" units become recruitable?

Another thing, is when playing as Denmark, the last 3 of my kings have become Lepers (like 80% of my family tree has it, is there anyway to tone down the chances of character's catching it) and although the description says that a Leper looses 3 authority, all my kings have suddenly gotten maxed out authority when they catch it.
    Last edited by Feliks; June 20, 2007 at 02:04 PM.

Former Science Reporter for the Helios
    Under the benevolent patronage of
    Annaeus.

elcid123's Avatar Libertus

When I play the early campaign the game freezes and i need to shut down the computer. It happens every 5-10 minutes. . (i havent tried to play any battles, i have just used the auto resolve) It normaly freezes in the city windows or when i am selecting troops on the campain map. When i installed the mod I did the following.

1- installed a fresh copy of vanilla M2TW
    2- installed the M2TW 1.2 patch
    3-installed Sicilian Vespers 2.0

I noticed that on the MOD installation instructions it says to use patch 1.02 for m2tw. but i could only find 1.2 so i used that instead believing that they were the same. I dont know if 1.02 and 1.2 are just two different names for the same patch.

i just want to fix this issue so i can keep playing the game.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Hi guys I downloaded SV and tried to start the Early campaign by pressing "E" in the windows file and before the game started up it said "cannot find file "early_era_campiagn_strings.bin" or something like that.
    Although the game started up alright and I played a few turns as Armenia it CTD all of a sudden and then the campaign wouldn't start the second time a loaded up the game. Did I install it wrong?
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Open your MTW2 installation folder, look for the sicilian vespers launcher and right click on it.

Use the function "edit" (at least i think it is called like this in the english version. Just make sure you do not choose "attributes") and a txt file opens.

Look for the line:

SET M2TW= "H:\xxx\Medieval II Total War\SicilianVespers\data\text"

and exchange H:\xxx with the folder in which you put the M2TW folder.

Should work then.
    Warning: This post may contain adult content, political incorrect remarks, silliness, nudity, it may offend your religious and political beliefs, include potentially offensive language and question your sexual orientation. You must be of legal age in your country of origin to view it.
    By reading this signature you agree not to sue it´s author for any psychological or physical damage that may be caused by it´s content.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Icon11 Re: Bug Thread for SV 2.0 Early Era (beta)

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantin Alexander View Post
    Open your MTW2 installation folder, look for the sicilian vespers launcher and right click on it.

Use the function "edit" (at least i think it is called like this in the english version. Just make sure you do not choose "attributes") and a txt file opens.

Look for the line:

SET M2TW= "H:\xxx\Medieval II Total War\SicilianVespers\data\text"

and exchange H:\xxx with the folder in which you put the M2TW folder.

Should work then.
    Thx Konstantin! It's been awhile since I've played MTW2 so forgive me for being alittle dumbfounded.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by the celt View Post
    Hi guys I downloaded SV and tried to start the Early campaign by pressing "E" in the windows file and before the game started up it said "cannot find file "early_era_campiagn_strings.bin" or something like that.
    Although the game started up alright and I played a few turns as Armenia it CTD all of a sudden and then the campaign wouldn't start the second time a loaded up the game. Did I install it wrong?
    Are you using a non-English version MTW2? If yes, you need to do the sound fix, and you need a custom version of the bat file.

If you are using the English version, did you change the default installation path? if yes, you need to edit the bat file.

See post # 70 on how to fix the launch bat file.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; July 12, 2007 at 02:17 PM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

I don't know if this has been spotted already, but the bodyguard units in the rebel settlements north and south of the starting position for the Portuguese in the Early Era Campaign had no riders. The wretched horses still managed to strike down plenty of my men, though.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    I don't know if this has been spotted already, but the bodyguard units in the rebel settlements north and south of the starting position for the Portuguese in the Early Era Campaign had no riders. The wretched horses still managed to strike down plenty of my men, though.
    Thanks, this had already been corrected for the next release

Good. Does that release fix the riderless rebel bodyguard in Naples (same era), too?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Yes, every slave unit has been tested in custom battles.

What's the story behind the Sicilian general Bohemund of Taranto, who starts as governor of Brindisi in the Early Era campaign? On the battlefield, he heads what looks like an unit of mailed knights, and the unit card shows a peasant with stats like mailed knights and no description, except for the words "Bohemund of Taranto and his bodyguard" or something like that.

What's the story behind the Sicilian general Bohemund of Taranto, who starts as governor of Brindisi in the Early Era campaign? On the battlefield, he heads what looks like an unit of mailed knights, and the unit card shows a peasant with stats like mailed knights and no description, except for the words "Bohemund of Taranto and his bodyguard" or something like that.
    He is one of the special General units, and it looks like he is missing his unitcard.

Bohemund, the Prince of Taranto, was the son of Robert Guiscard. He was one of the leaders of the first crusade, and later became Prince of Antioch. He also accompanied Robert on his invasions of Corfu and Epirus.

One of the most interesting figures of the middle ages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemund_I_of_Antioch

Oh, so this Bohemund is the one who later became known as Bohemund of Antioch? Interesting - certainly adds a flavour to the game!
    But isn't Bohemund supposed to have a real General's bodyguard?

Oh, so this Bohemund is the one who later became known as Bohemund of Antioch? Interesting - certainly adds a flavour to the game!
    But isn't Bohemund supposed to have a real General's bodyguard?
    His body guard is Mailed Knight. He was part of the French in vanilla, but I enabled him for Sicily, where he should really belong

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast