Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Age of Conan - Looks better than Warhammer Online or any mmo out currently.

Default Age of Conan - Looks better than Warhammer Online or any mmo out currently.

I've been getting more and more interested in this game. Before i thought that Warhammer Online was going to be a great PVP mmorpg but this game seems to go even further.

It sounds similar to a Lineage 2 or even Shadowbane type pvp game. Where player guild actually OWN cities and its a guild vs guild type of gameplayer instead of faction vs faction.

These types of games, like Eve Online, Lineage 2, Shadowbane, etc, usually are far more interesting than others. There is lots of player and guild interaction, alliance, very real enemies, etc. There is just so more more flavor in this type of game. People played shadowbane for a while regardless of how bad the game was simply because it had this type of gameplay which kept the players involved.

I just hope they get some ideas from Warhammer or shadowbane as far as leveling is concerned. Either make it so you can level from pvp or like in shadowbane where it only takes a week to get to the end game content. On this type of game the content that is important is not leveling and killing mobs, its the guild vs guild gameplay that is important.

I'm really looking forward to this game and hope it is successful. Anyone else into this?

Like I said if you played Eve Online, Shadowbane, or Lineage 2 this may interest you. Even maybe RZ Everquest or old-UO.

http://www.ageofconan.com/conan/en/index.html

* Enter the true Conan experience – The first official Conan online RPG sends you on a brutal journey in the footsteps of the worlds' greatest fantasy hero. Meet Conan's friend and foes, battle demons and monsters known from 70 year of Conan history, and step up to the ultimate challenge and befriend the mighty king Conan himself.
    * Explore the world of Conan – Enter a gigantic and unique gameworld containing more than 30 distinct regions spread across the three mighty nations of Aquilonia, Cimmeria and Stygia. Explore deep jungles, burning deserts, inhospitable mountains, vast valleys, dark dungeons or gleaming cities, and take part in an incredible journey of exploration and adventure.
    * Real Combat Engine – Experience Funcom's revolutionary Real Combat engine, and fight mounted or on the ground. A new multi-point melee system allows the players to swing their weapons where they direct it, in real-time, going head-on against the formulaic nature of online RPG combat. The Real Combat engine also allow players to team up in battle formations and command both NPC's and other players in epic multiplayer battles, as well as giving you the chance to participate in massive sieges.
    * Single-player vs. massively multiplayer – Emerge as a hero from the story-driven single-player experience and embark into even greater adventures in the massively multiplayer part of the game. The branching single-player story is created by the award-winning writers behind The Longest Journey, Dreamfall and Anarchy Online so expect something extraordinary.
    * PvP and PvE – Meet the ultimate resistance in human opponents, and enjoy crushing the skulls of fellow players in mini-games, sieges, arena fights and drunken brawls. Charge into the world of Conan, and fight monsters and demons alone or in groups.
    * Extensive guild and solo gameplay – Form guilds in the multiplayer game and lay siege to hostile castles. Let the catapults sing their merry song of death as the enemy is brutally crushed to a pulp. Team up with other players in large guilds, and explore a large range of social gameplay opportunities. 'Conan' also offers extensive solo gaming opportunities, taking you through an amazing single-player journey and deep into the lands of Hyboria.
    * Varied gameplay – Besides bringing the most brutal experience ever seen in a MMO, Conan also promises to deliver what all fans of MMOs love and enjoy. Vast character customization opportunities, a deep character creation, lots of social opportunities, crafting, a deep and fun RPG system, exciting classes and player-made cities are but a few ingredients in this powerful RPG.
    * Amazing graphics – 'Conan' takes graphics in MMOs to a new level! With the latest and greatest in technology and an amazing art direction the graphics in 'Conan' immerses you into a world as never before seen in any online fantasy universe.
    * Stunning Sounds – Listen to a powerful and epic soundtrack in 7.1 surround. Hear gripping voices recorded by professional actors, and enjoy a dynamic soundscape bringing players to the edge of their seats.
    * A story to die for – 'Age of Conan' delivers a brutal, mature and compelling storyline that will send you headlong on a journey of brutality, intrigue and depth. Mixing the finest of storytelling found in classic RPG's with the open-ended approach found in MMOs, 'Conan' delivers a rare and special story experience.
    * The first mature MMO – In the true and barbaric vision of Robert E. Howard, 'Age of Conan' promises to bring mature online players something dark, new and refreshing. This is no cartoony fairytale, 'Conan' is made by grown-ups, for grown-ups, giving online gamers the chance to unleash the ultimate havoc and fury.
    Last edited by Kanaric; May 25, 2007 at 04:28 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Age of Conan

i know, this game looks pretty cool!
    and, isn't the developers norwegians?
    proud norwegian

megaflus's Avatar Semisalis

age of conan o'brien hahaha

ignore this post

Quote Originally Posted by thoscme View Post
    i know, this game looks pretty cool!
    and, isn't the developers norwegians?
    I think so.

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

Game looks great. Might be my first MMO.

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    I think so.
    four letters

N I C E

proud norwegian

Narakir's Avatar Decanus

WoW this one looks realy great
    On this type of game the content that is important is not leveling and killing mobs, its the guild vs guild gameplay that is important.
    This could realy decide myself to try another MMO, I don't want to grind and kills mobs anymore . Next problem is the monthly fee...
    "They do not possess the true fire. They speak of creation and they boast of their potential but they do not create anything beyond the mundane. Their imagination is poor, obsessed with the small details. A true Dreamer, I say, creates a grand scheme and then concentrates on the details. Starting with the details is for the ants of the imagination - the small insects who aspire only to be fed.”

Nihl Xander, Godsmen Engineer - Planescape Torment

definitely buying it

Gavmundo's Avatar Senator
    Morecambe, UK ... in the realms of the North!

Like I said if you played Eve Online, Shadowbane, or Lineage 2 this may interest you. Even maybe RZ Everquest or old-UO.
    I've played all of them and have to admit I've been looking forward to Age of Conan for a while.
    Member of S.I.N

Xfire: Ulfang
    Steam: Gavmundo
    Xbox 360: Gavmundo
    PS3: Gavmundo

I've played all of them and have to admit I've been looking forward to Age of Conan for a while.
    Can't imagine how it is similar to EVE though
    Member of S.I.N

Well its similar to Eve Online in that players own the content in the game and its guild vs guild.

The fantastic part of this game is that its a singleplayer game as well, not just only MMORPG. So its accesible to everyone.

Another thing is that its like a total war style game. You build up your cities and raise armies and siege and conquer your enemies. You have both npcs and players to assist you in doing this.

Its like a Total War RPG.

Off topic but what happend to Warhammer Online?
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Its coming out.

I think Age of Conan has more potential though. Warhammer Online is, more or less, going to be similar to WoW except with some improvements. Its still a "realm vs realm" game where all the content is run and owned by the npcs.

Age of Conan is a player run game that is guild vs guild. That usually breed a far more interesting game and, if you like pvp, it is definitely superior. There is no horde/aliiance, etc. What you choose to play as doesn't limit who you can play with unlike Daoc or WoW.

Default Re: Age of Conan - Looks better than Warhammer Online or any mmo out currently.

yeah i was interested in this more but i heard Whammer got canceld
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Default Re: Age of Conan - Looks better than Warhammer Online or any mmo out currently.

Been watching this game for 2 years now. Being a big fan of Robert E. Howard's Conan books I cant wait!

I plan on playing a Lich at first, the magic system seems interesting. You sort of "weave" spells together. If you try something beyond you, you can lose control of the spell with adverse effects.

Actually I havent hit the web site in months, need to check it out tonight. Been waiting soooo long.

I heard it's Vista only from someone. That cant be right is it? Like I said I'll check all the new info on the site tonight.

"And I have felt the sudden blow of a nameless wind's cold breath,
    And watched the grisly pilgrims go that walk the roads of Death,
    And I have seen black valleys gape, abysses in the gloom,
    And I have fought the deathless Ape that guards the Doors of Doom."
    -Robert E. Howard "Recompense"

yeah i was interested in this more but i heard Whammer got canceld
    Not Mythic's warhammer. Another company was creating it and that one failed, then Mythic got the rights.

They were recently bought by EA as well which adds to my distrust of Warhammer Online.
    I heard it's Vista only from someone. That cant be right is it? Like I said I'll check all the new info on the site tonight.
    I doubt it, there is no reason for that. Only Microsoft's games have been vista online, like Halo 2 but that is a marketing scheme more than based on what the game actually requires. Vista doesn't add anything new right now to make a difference aside from pretty graphics and potential updates.

Well I like to see original games and Conan does sound original although all the marketing surrounding games state they are all original I am looking forward to Conan. I'm sick of the standard MMORPG grind and have been for a long time. I rarely last longer that the free 30 day period in most games. I'm playing LOTRO at the moment and have been with that since the initial stress test and am enjoying it although it is the setting that is keeping me interested. Other than that there hasn't been a MMORG for a long time that has kept me interested. Everquest probably and only because, at the time, there were very few other options (maybe UO).

These days there are too many and there isn't enough depth in these MMORPG's to keep me interested. Neverwinter Nights is the only other Multiplayer RPG i've enjoyed and that's not really a MMORPG well it is but not in the traditional sense. Another one I recently discovered was Roma Victor. Don't think it's hugely popular and I have seen some bad reviews but it is original and I find it interesting and certainly challenging (in a good way).
    Last edited by Gavmundo; May 25, 2007 at 09:46 PM.
    Member of S.I.N

As a big fan of the Conan Novels and movies (first one mostly), I've been looking forward to this game for a while. I'm not a big mmo guy, but I'll buy this when it comes out.
    Patronized by happyho in the Legion of Rahl
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Debs
    The Republican and Democratic parties, or, to be more exact, the Republican-Democratic party, represent the capitalist class in the class struggle. They are the political wings of the capitalist system and such differences as arise between them relate to spoils and not to principles.

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

GREEN IZ BEST.

Like I said, i would like Warhammer Online but its another lousy faction vs faction game. A type of game where its not guild based pvp where you can't group or talk with the other side and where there are nonsensical alliances that dont actually exist in real warhammer.

I HATE factional pvp, its horrible. Guild vs Guild type games breed a far better atmosphere and community.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast