I shot the yankee artillery on MCPherson's ridge with my Heth's skirmishers, they withdrew towards Oak's hill but just in between the 2 hills the arty unit actually disappeared from the map (not from sight, from the map, it vaporized). My troops kept shooting for ALL the battle in that direction, hitting nothing obviously. Only happened once, not sure I can repeat it.

Arty seems often incapable to engage targets in sight. I am actually at a loss with when a target is in sight or not because despite setting them on the heights, they seem to have no visibility on some yankee bdes whereas the visibility should be there. I set the LOS shadow to the maximum and I assume when I select an arty unit, all the yankee units in sight are illuminated (not in the dark). Yet the arty doesn't fire and I don't know why. Yes there's a problem here.
I think troops should auto-wheel to face the enemy, unless they have multiple enemies in range, but this shouldn't apply to arty. Arty should remain in the facing you leave it.

I have had an instance of Davis being routed on McPherson. He only regained morale near the end of the battle, regardless of the commander being on top of it and no presence of enemy and not being engaged. Morale got at best at 5% while the rest of the battle carried on. This bde was knocked out at the beginning somehow and it never regained morale despite being out of the battle. It was useless for the whole engagement after losing just about a hundred men. No idea.

Speaking of which, but this is not the case, I think if a unit is pushed off map or if a unit is routed with very heavy losses it should just flee and never rally again. That is especially true with the Yankees who have less inspiring leaders in the first day. It somehow shocks me that a unit can rout 10 times and still come back.

When a unit is routing, it appears that you can give them an order while they're still doing so, and that recovers the unit. Units should be standing idle while they reform and only when the morale is stable, albeit low, you should be allowed to give them a move order. I've many times had the impression that by giving the move order you actually rally the routing unit.

The control of the DIV commander, which you need to move to boost morale, is delicate. If you hold lmb when on him you can move him but if you select him and then issue the move, this moves the whole group. A better control system seems appropriate. If you do this mistake, the whole group is fighting and you break formations, los and firing range... this can EASILY cost you the battle.

While it's good that units switch from column to line when enemy is in proximity, I'd still advocate a button for that because column travels (should travel) much faster (and take more hits if engaged in this formation). Skirmishers typically didn't fire in volleys and regular units sometimes didn't either (it's the case of the 10 steps mentioned in my other thread), so it's another button we could use.

I noticed troops reload too fast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1BraAJD0tk (3 shots in a minute but that's for GOOD troops). There's a gamey advantage here if you MOVE when you're reloading but moving and reloading should take longer, instead you reload at the same speed whether you move or are halted. Another glitchy gamey advantage is to shoot and fall back beyond range but apparently when the firing sequence begins the maximum range of the rifles is neglected and the target can shoot back even if the enemy now moved away. I am afraid though with penalty to accuracy.

I'm sure all of this will be ironed out. Got to say I've been beaten time and time again already, which only adds up to the fun.

I HOPE you guys devised a way to have multiplayer with more than just 2 players involved so that each player may take a core or a div. At Gettysburg we could really have 12 vs 12 battles (hint hint... those couriers could be used to chat between players and send orders).