Thread: [Submod] Peace Treaty Script (Realistic Expansion) *testers appreciated*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [Submod] Peace Treaty Script (Realistic Expansion) *testers appreciated*

This is the old thread for the old version
    New version here. Use that one!

This is the test version of a script which aims to keep factions from expanding beyond realistic areas. It consists of two parts: A forced peace treaty list, which will declare peace every turn between a list of AI factions that shouldn't expand in each others direction. For example all gauls can't go to war with all iberians, but they can fight and expand within their respective areas. It serves it's purpose, but it can't be used too much, or else the game reacts in somewhat annoying ways, such as declaring war every turn.
    That's why I added the second and much bigger part, an adapted OnPendingBattle script, which gives autoresolve bonuses to factions based region number. The intention was that factions can be continually at war and do battle, but bigger factions just get defeated and cant expand much.
    This seems to work well at restricting AI expansion in my testing. But since the default DeI AI is virulently aggressive, it will always expand as much as I let it, and that fairly quickly, so I had to script it rather tightly. (See CAI component to make AI less aggressive.)
    How much territory factions are allowed to take is low and grows over time, and if you play as the romans is tied to your expansion. I aim to keep most non-major factions down to 2-4 regions. If that is too restrictive, just edit the criteria in the RegionLimit function.
    Testing and feedback is highly appreciated! And so are reports and screenshots of your campaigns.

Download: Expansion Limit Script (link to new thread) - The script is more or less as done as I can get it right now, and I'll be less active for a while. Overall the maps looks very good in my testing now.
    Optional CAI Component (initial test) - At this point it mostly just changes all the AI's aggression settings from very high to medium or low. Not sure what will happen, as I haven't tested it much. Maybe the AI will be too passive.

Since this is "only" a script, it can be applied to an existing campaign without problems. However it was not designed for this, so outcomes might be bad. It can also be removed from any campaign without trouble. It is likely compatible with future DeI versions.

I give full permission to anyone to use my work or segments thereof as they please. (Giving credit would be nice.) Or to update this for future DeI versions in case I'm not around. But since I'm mostly adapting DeI code, I consider this more or less still their belonging.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; January 07, 2022 at 06:01 AM.