This is a continuation of another post. The hardest mode is still too easy. I have tried playing as Danes and Scotland and gone "full pagan" and tried winning while staying very primitive, not upgrading, using only primitive "tribal" units (Vikings, Huscarls, Highland Nobles, Highlanders, Rabble), no cavalry, no advance armor, not even archers, just giant tribal infantry hordes, with a Generals bodyguard as the only cavalry, no advanced settlements (no advanced farms, ports, buildings etc),

no ceasefires, no alliances, destroy all religious buildings, and even tried roleplaying as being a "raider" pagan faction, retaining the homeland of Scandinavia but just raiding, sacking and burning the buildings for plunder and on to the next, never holding any settlements, just scorched earth and holding my original homeland and see how far I got.

I survived the whole game, against everyone, even with all the restrictions I mentioned. Even when Timurids showed up, they were tougher, but I would still raid their coastal settelments and take and burn them for money. They invaded Arhus, and I beat their advanced Timurid army with a bunch of seasoned Huscarls and Vikings and a couple Generals bodyguard in a simple first level Castle.

I also tried a civil war function where, if no direct male heir to the throne is present when king dies, a "civil war" happens (delete half of all your forces, half of your generals get executed by sending them in suicide charges against enemies) and continue with the new king and his dynasty until/if it happens again. That seems to be the only thing that really makes the game HARD. What about you guys? I'm looking for ideas. Thanks