Thread: The Indignities of Old Age

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Default Re: The Indignities of Old Age

Quote Originally Posted by skh1 View Post

Also, one doesn't heal as fast as one used to.

Sadly, this is very true. Now the following items, once unknown to me are now "indispensable".

* Skin cream: Don't use this on your hands & arms and you'll look like an Egyptian mummy.
    * Band aids
    * hydrogen peroxide & ointment: For every single scratch.
    * tweezers: top of the nose and behind the ears.
    * "Cheaters": Drug store glasses for reading. I used to make fun of people who held things at arms length to read them. Now I is one (sigh)...
    * Turning the volume on the TV all the way up: (Just you wait, this one's coming to get you too Buddy).
    * Naptime: Once unknown, now a true, passionate, and wondrous friend.
    * Forgetfulness: Once this makes it's initial appearance I'd carry a little note pad & pencil with you wherever you go.
    * Doctors: Not so long ago I couldn't name one that I knew to save my life. Now I got like five of them(different specialties) on speed dial.
    * Walk, don't run: I used to be the fastest kid on the block. Now if I had to run half a block one of you lucky folks would be giving the eulogy at my funeral.
    * Acceptance: Not so long ago I would fight everything and wouldn't accept . Now when most things happen, I just accept it. Too tired to fight for stuff unless it's really meaningful.

* The phrases "How's that?" and "Come again?" are now true & trusted friends. Hearing aids are coming for you, just wait.
    * Light Jackets: Keeping one in the car is mandatory. Say you go to the movies. Don't bring it and you'll freeze. Do bring it and you will roast. Pick your poison. Under or Over cooked.
    Now it is true that being hot or cold is mostly personal chemistry make up, not an age thing. However with age the degree with which hot/cold affects you is more severe. Be hot/cold during
    the movie and your ability to enjoy it can be deeply affected.

... ...
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; January 09, 2024 at 01:32 PM. Reason: color change
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling