Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small issues

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Small issues

I forgot about it and moved on. So this is a different screenie, but the same issue: The governor should have 4 influence (unless influence from titles is not cumulative, but even then it should be at least, 1 from title, one from being sharp).
    Last edited by Parzival2211; September 03, 2011 at 03:34 AM.

A character can't have more than 1 lordship, because then none of them is actually activated (ie, the relevant trait "Lord of X" doesn't appear). Give all of his lordship ancs, except one, to other generals and check again if his bonuses are ok.

Ah, ok, that explains it. Thank you very much.

Meanwhile, I am almost meeting my victory conditions as Danes. Some things I noticed:

- Other factions' capital is always very big (9-15K), whereas the other towns are totally depleted - pop so low you can't recruit anyone.

Does the AI get a pop growth bonus in their capital (only)?

As a consequence, most towns don't grow enough for the AI to upgrade them and they only field low-tier units - even nothing great coming from bigger capital actually...

And since I want my towns to grow, I limit recruiting in most of my towns myself and rely on mercenaries mostly once I can afford that. Did other players have the same experience?

It's not a big issue, but limits the game to some extent. Also makes it easier in the end, when the AI can hardly recruit anything anymore due to lack of manpower.
    Last edited by Parzival2211; September 03, 2011 at 04:13 AM.

Ther are no AI-specific effects in the game, except some 'boosts' at campaign start.

Due to the way building effects work, the thresholds for settlement upgrades and the tendency of the AI to constantly recruit as long as it has the money, there is only so much we can do to control growth without a background script or complicated mechanics (which were never our intention for this mod). A simple way to change this is to give higher growth bonuses to the city-level buildings, though it will also make the player's life easier...

yeah, tricky to balance... someone made a pop growth boost sub mod some weeks ago... I may try that next time and see how it goes.

What are the campaign start boosts the AI gets? Money only? Isn't there a regular money boost for the AI? They seemed to have endless money to recruit, for which only the pop available seemed to be a limit...

They get extra cash, troops and infrastructure. Which faction egts what depends on which faction the player controls.

Since I chose the Danes, did Wessex and East Anglia as my immediate neighbours get an extra large bonus?

And there is no further money bonus later on for AI factions?

Only East Anglia in that case.

There is no way to give a bonus after the campaign starts without a background script, which we don't have.

Alright, then maybe the AI earns quite well thanks to the infrastructure bonus they get initially?

Probably. But if we increase the bonus to last into late game, early game will be impossible for the player.

Yeah, it was quite tough in the beginning. I managed to take London, but then was on the defensive for a while against lots of armies from Wessex and EAnglia - they kept coming, only thanks to the Jomsvikings and Huscarls, the Danes have in the beginning, could I hold out.
    Last edited by Aradan; September 05, 2011 at 03:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12