Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ***** IBFD 6 BETA Comments *****

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

Default Re: ***** IBFD 6 BETA Comments *****

WARNING!!!
    after you have downloaded the RGyG second quickfix here, download this too:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/24369516/..._n.02.rar.html
    adds new buildings, (some of them needs UI) mainly for romans and some for easterns.

New unique buildings in Tara, Hibernia (Teamhair na ri), Rome (port of Ostia), Ravenna (port of Classis), Constantinople (constantine's column), Carthage (Antonine's large baths), Jerusalem (Ha Kotel), Tingi (Hercules' cave)

including christianity as a dominant religion, well-spread all over the empire; adding judaism and buddhism as working religions, tough they have (still) no appropriate buildings or way to diffuse themselves.

includes a new loading logo and some interface changes for romans, barbarians, easterns, huns, nomads, tough their work is yet do be done.

p.s.: bug report
    hephtalites - uar horse archers

looks like they have four tails - two in front and two back. nice, but they disappear into the model, and so they should be moved a little.

hephtalites - uar lancers

[img=http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/9518/uarlancersbug0pr.jpg]
    they have a strange polygone from the edge of the arch up to the head. is really strange.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

I'm playing with WRE now.On every 3-4 battles i try to fight on battle map,1 crashes.
    Honorius the Wrathful died but the info window for my faction says he is still my faction leader.
    Check Pedites Bucelarii - bug regarding their shields...i cannot describe it ^^
    Generals do not have loyalty account.
    Also Gothic Foederaty Warband is using something more like a knife than a sword.Is this intentionaly...

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Quote Originally Posted by Hlld.Grd.
    I'm playing with WRE now.On every 3-4 battles i try to fight on battle map,1 crashes.
    Honorius the Wrathful died but the info window for my faction says he is still my faction leader.
    Check Pedites Bucelarii - bug regarding their shields...i cannot describe it ^^
    Generals do not have loyalty account.
    Also Gothic Foederaty Warband is using something more like a knife than a sword.Is this intentionaly...
    warbands are not rich warriors and swords are expensive, but maybe I'll just make the foederati warbands into normal spearmen, as of now they're skirmisher levies armed with javelins and knives.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

I forgot...i cannot recruit Sarmatian Argergantes(did i spell it right ^^)
    Also Militia Barrack enables Foederaty Swordsman,Auxilia barack disables them and the Comites Barrack enables them again.
    Last edited by Hlld.Grd.; June 28, 2006 at 02:29 PM.

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

WARNING!!!
    after you have downloaded the RGyG second quickfix here, download this too:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/24369516...n_n.02.rar.html
    adds new buildings, (some of them needs UI) mainly for romans and some for easterns
    That might explain my recent CTD's with WRE

Can you also confirmed that you all have those square characters in descr_strat

what do they actually represent?

Just a suggestions I gave to Goth for his mods and he liked it.

The worst annoying thing for the units was the limit in number for army so that if you have too money you will have lot of armies with unrealistic same number of units too.
    I think to have found a way to overwhelm this hardcorded limit that stop to have very large battle.
    For every nation I find a unit that was the bulk of the army ( in horde nations you need 2 of them)
    and you make this unit in double size with double cost too). The text I did gave this many half units around very few full army.
    Suggestion for double units:
    Romans usually used comintentenses 2 a time ( they called senior one and junior other) so historically they are the best units for that. Dont use paladin units or cavarly to not make too strong Romans ( the limit of these unts was however the cost.)In Notizia dignitatum WRE had 12 paladin legions and 22 comitenses legions if I remember
    To use the comitenses have 2 advantages
    give a game motive to make some of them and not only lanciari and plumbary legions
    give an hard limit to the Roman to have big armies ( comitenses costs a lot)
    For barbarians choose a good foot warrior units but not an elite one.
    For nomads a cavalry unit.
    For hordes a low level unit.

As general rule keep cavalry unit the half fo the infantry ones for 2 motives:
    Logistic ones: the horsemen needed 4 time the food of infantrymen.
    Tactic one : in battle line the horseman need 2 times the space to fight then an infantryman.

You came make excetion of 20% or 30% for some units or peoples.
    The nomads had larger cavalry units as their ponies asked much less food.
    The warhorse of heavy cavalry asked more food ....

Ramon if you send you your beta I would like text it ..if I find some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettore
    ...Ramon if you send you your beta I would like text it ..if I find some time.
    sent u a PM :wink:
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

OK anyone playing WRE and experiencing CTD please let me know by either posting here or PM

Laetus

Started to examime different units in beta and some little bugs was explored:
    1. one of huns units called as "huns swordsmans" or simply like this is not a swordsmans, they are axemans (sorry, forgot a screenshot)
    2. the Goth fraction have two basic spearmens units. They have the same description and stats. That was wery strange and I looked at them on the battlefield. This is really the same units. Look at the second and third ones in the Goth's unitline.
    Eastern Goths I meaned..

Laetus

And a question:
    Does exists any scheme of buildings/units for v6 beta? As a tree view, for example?
    The game contains the shemes for building trees, but the number and difference of units too high now.. It's better to manage this with a full buildings/units treeview.

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

good idea.
    by nowi'm doing some new building for sassanids as well.
    then i will reshape ALL the building trees, for barbarians expecially. is it or is it not this invasio barbarorum??

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Kloss
    OK anyone playing WRE and experiencing CTD please let me know by either posting here or PM
    ok... by the way i have an idea... in previous version ctd could be caused by destroyability of unique buildings, because some office ancillary were triggered by them.
    Last edited by Mylae; June 29, 2006 at 09:32 AM.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

ok... by the way i have an idea... in previous version ctd could be caused by destroyability of unique buildings, because some office ancillary were triggered by them
    That CTD has really been a pain for me and Ramon for quite sometimes and we did experience CTDs playing beta versions without your buildings.

Semigall's Avatar Civis

How much bugs are left ? That is, how long i'll have to wait for release of IBFD 6 final version ?

Quote Originally Posted by Semigall
    How much bugs are left ? That is, how long i'll have to wait for release of IBFD 6 final version ?
    made a progress report here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54673
    rather than saying how many weeks or months, am showing what has been done and what needs to be done :wink:
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Default NEWEST BETA (15a) released

NEWEST VERSION UPLOADED:
    15a unit cards in plus Mylaes work (new buildings, new ui, new religions...)
    get it here at the official IBFD developer's site.

*note files are in a protected forum available only for Beta testers
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Ramon, if this beta version have shared folders with RTW Data?
    Currently I'm playing in Lusted's TE and I'm didn't want to cancel my campaign but I think I can help with noticing and fixing some bugs in beta. I can make proper sound names for each unit, so there will not more silenced units. Also can you tell about scripts which you want to implement? The scripts interesting me last times.

Quote Originally Posted by Galloper
    Ramon, if this beta version have shared folders with RTW Data?
    Currently I'm playing in Lusted's TE and I'm didn't want to cancel my campaign but I think I can help with noticing and fixing some bugs in beta. I can make proper sound names for each unit, so there will not more silenced units. Also can you tell about scripts which you want to implement? The scripts interesting me last times.
    nope, no shared folders, Lusted informed me, you can add in all the files and it works
    making the proper sounds sounds good, will PM u regarding access to official developer forums
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

I've CTD always, with all factions that I choose ,in 415 d.C.!!!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco
    I've CTD always, with all factions that I choose ,in 415 d.C.!!!!!
    bug reports in the official forums, please: http://ibfd.modnet.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=19, I sent u a mail with the password :original: if I didn't PM me
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

byzantineklibanophori's Avatar Centenarius

Are future versions going to have cities less likely to rebel? I mean I understand how there was a lot of unrest in the WRE and ERE but are they suppose to be indefinite forever? I recall someone posting a similar comment earlier and having to massacre their cities over and over again. This is not a complaint about the mod, as the AI was inclined that way on the Vanilla version originally, but is there a scripted solution to this?

Besides, I think we need to include a huge olympic sized baptismal font as a unique building after committing many sins butchering one's cities over and over again
    ☻ This is the Prophet, lusty, promiscous, self serving and divinely (deluded) inspired messenger of god
    /▌\  Copy and paste him to protest his pederastic perversions on children
    / \

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast