Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problem with steam....help please

Default Re: problem with steam....help please

Hey, I've been trying to get this mod working with steam but I have a problem. I only downloaded ver 1.01 (non patch) and extracted it to my rome total war folder in steam. Perhaps I need to download every version to get it working? I used the suggestions in this thread like going into steam and changing the set launch options... to what was recommended and I combined that with the information given in the previous post about where to place the files and what to change the start in and target information too. However I'm not sure that I linked the TGW mod to steam properly; I had to change my location from the default to match up with where I placed my steam folders. In the end I start the game with the Barbarian Invasion option and can get as far as the provincial campaigns but I only have the option to play the Imperial campaign. I'm sure I must have missed something but I can't seem to figure it out. Oh I just remembered something I couldn't find the tgw.bat folder that I was supposed to run and I'm going to check for it again right now. I hope this was enough information, if not let me know and I'll provide what's needed.

I don't have RTW through Steam, which is why I've always been embarrassingly inept at helping people with it (and why we've stickied this thread rather than giving any set instructions). I can tell you though that TGW is designed to run through the normal RTW exe, not the Barbarian Invasion one, so starting with the latter as an option sounds like a bad move.

Good news I was able to get it working through steam although it does take some work to get around it. In case anyone else has trouble with steam the way I got around it was pretty simple once I figured it out.

1. You need to have your target and start-in description, in the properties of 'The Greek Wars' shortcut, match your steam, I copy and pasted the location from my Rome Total War Gold properties for my start in this should be pretty simple you can check what the last post on the 1st page of this thread for details.

2. The target info gets a bit more tricky and was causing problems for me. You need to combine the information again from the last post on the 1st page with the location of your steam files but also keeping the info that was already written in the description for target. For easier understanding of what I'm talking about here's what I have put in my target - "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 4760-show_err -nm -mod:tgw -enable_editor -movie_cam - now this may not be the case for you it all depends on where you placed your steam files to begin with. I had to change the location of the files to match steam and add the 'applaunch 4760' but you MUST keep the info starting with -show_err- this should already be in the info so it's a matter of not erasing it.

3. I was able to run the mod by using "run as administrator" from 'The Greek Wars' shortcut; not through steam which was interesting because it started up steam in order to play the game. So shortcut not steam.

Note: The info provided on the previous page about changing the start up... description or whatever it was in the steam properties for Rome Total War changed my BI expansion into regular Rome Total War. Now like I said before I used the shortcut to start up the mod not steam so I'm not sure whether or not it is required, but I do have it changed to what was recommended in that post. If what I posted doesn't work use the steps 1 to 8 provided by Seleucos of Olympia in the previous page in addition to what I did and it should work for you.

I hope that can clear up any future confusion on the issue, remember you need to extract the zip file to Rome Total War file located within steamapps and common.

The mod looks great by the way, I'm enjoying playing around with it. Great work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12