Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Stupid teenage girl kills royalty

Confederate Soldier's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Stupid teenage girl kills royalty

Quote Originally Posted by BulletproofTurban
    Am I the only one who thinks this girls punishment SHOULD be harsher because of who she killed? She ran down not one, but TWO members of a royal family for chrissakes. That....is some major bad mojo.
    Well I know someone out there thinks the same thing should happen. So no your not alone. But for my view I don’t think the royalty should be put above there driver. Truth be told there is no way the driver could have done as much for the world as the royalty but they are still both humans. I know for a fact that she will be punished differently since she did kill a royal family. For no matter were you go money talks and well we all know what walks. Plus I know the U.S. doesn’t want to upset the Tongan people. But she did kill not one, not two, but three people. And so I would say yes she dose deserve a harsher punishment then she would of gotten for just one. But for her few seconds of being an speed demon she now has forfeited her life over. She will never be able to know much of the joys, nor sorrows of life. And for this she will spend most of her days on Earth being Big Bertha's play thing.
    Proud Crusader for the F.A.I.T.H. and Gunslinger for DIXIE
    People don’t want to live in a world where god’s fight amongst each other, One God is Enough! -Alex Rosewater

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by TenkiSoratoti
    Chav.
    A what?

Am I the only one who thinks this girls punishment SHOULD be harsher because of who she killed? She ran down not one, but TWO members of a royal family for chrissakes.
    Who cares if they're royalty? Shouldn't she get punished simply because her negligent action led to the deaths of two PEOPLE, regardless of their status?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric
    Ducati? What kind of car is that?
    This kind:

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Stupid teenage kills royalty

So, why again do royalty deserve to live more than normal people?

technishn08's Avatar Decanus

Well, i think that she should be punished just as she wold have been if it had been any other two people. Saying that she should be punished more for killign "royalty" is also just saying that, in the words of Orwell, "they are more equal than others". What about the driver? What about his family? I think the whole idea of her being punished more because it was "royalty" is ridiculous. They were just people like anyone on this forum.
    Is it not worthy of tears that, when the number of worlds is infinite, we have not yet become lords of a single one?-Alexander the Great

The reason why people put so much stigmata attached to the deaths of the Royal family members is because the girl didn't just kill three people.

She killed two leaders who represented their people and were lead reformers of their country. Their deaths is a tremendous loss to the drive for democratization and because of this the damage wasn't just limited to "several dozen people" like most ordinary citizens but in this case the whole country.

Its also the nature of their deaths that really fans people's anger. Here you have two influential, powerful members (well, in their country anyways) who were in position to positively change their country and were willing to do it, but their life was cut short by a dumb mistake made by some naive teenager.

Am I the only one who thinks this girls punishment SHOULD be harsher because of who she killed? She ran down not one, but TWO members of a royal family for chrissakes. That....is some major bad mojo.
    I have nothing against royalist, they must have reasons to defend undeserved birth privilege*. But I'm strongly for men equality. Zidane should have been treated like any headbutter, and if a celebrity is killed by accident I wouldn't ask for a harsher punishment (even if it's Patrick Stewart). As long as it's an accident.

I would even find it more logical to have people sentenced according to the weight of people they killed.

*In a body, every cell has its speciality. Some are muscles, other neurones, other genitals... All seem governed by the brain (another mass with many different specialized cells) and live in perfect harmony. They are not governed by one but many neurones acting together (and behave like well fed slaves), the equivalent of a senate (but with deputies willing to work together, that we could easily assimilate as one single person).
    One could argue that kings are like neurones, that they are specialized in governing, and thus deserve their status. I agree with this statement if those governing skills are prooved (even if I think that their wealth is highly exagerated).
    When a brain cell is duplicating, it creates a perfect copy of itself, which has the same governing skills. But this is not the case with a king. His children aren't perfect copy of him and chances are high that they will develop different talents, different specialization. Thus having them governing is nonsense to me. They may do wrong, they may be unrevealed painter, architects, teacher, waiter...
    You could argue that it's the prince's education which gives him these governing skills. But then: why giving the king's child, who is an already rich child, privileges, when you could randomly pick up a poor baby among the population and educate him the way of kings? He would also hav the required skills. I personnally thinks that it's because we should give any child the right to choose whatever they want to be. But in a country with monarchy, no one is giving the choice nor the chance of becoming the king.
    This leads me to the conclusion that monarchy has at least as many defects as our corrupted democraty. Laws establish that we have to choose the best leaders among the candidates. Besides, the army would support us if we would find proofs that our leaders are corrupted.

PS: sorry for the long off topic quote.
    PS2: and 100 posts

To Hapsburg:

here is a wiki link on Chavs

Wiki on Chavs

Basically they are people who hang around bus-stops and shopping centres causing trouble and driving "boy racer" cars.

There is a kind of a chav culture in Britain amongst younger people, usually they think they are hard but run off if they are confronted.

Hope that helps.

Rĉdwald

RĈDVVALD TYTTLING ESTANGLE CYNING
    RĈDVVALD REX ANGLORVM ORIENTALIVM

Nothing special about royalty in my Eyes, off course the girl should be punished, but the punishment should be no different than it would have been if the victims were "ordinary" people.
    And yes i'd say the same if the victim would've been german chancellor, us president, or british queen, doesnt really matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Horatious Maximus
    So, they're basically wiggas?

Quote Originally Posted by Hapsburg
    So, they're basically wiggas?
    Yeah, I was about to say the same. Brits like to complain about 'em as if they're some horrible, newly discovered species when they've actually been around for quite a while. Here in the US they have quite a population and are generally found in varying colors such as black, whites and yellow. Evidently they've just recently migrated across the Atlantic.

Unfortunately, however, the species that migrated to Britain has adapted differently than it did in the US; and this is the unfortunate result of such adaptation: http://www.fat-pie.com/inthestudiowithdevvo.htm

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Quote Originally Posted by Carsomyr
    Unfortunately, however, the species that migrated to Britain has adapted differently than it did in the US; and this is the unfortunate result of such adaptation: http://www.fat-pie.com/inthestudiowithdevvo.htm
    Are there any natural predators that can take care of the chavs and wiggas? Maybe we can set up some traps or sticky paper to get rid of them.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4
    Are there any natural predators that can take care of the chavs and wiggas? Maybe we can set up some traps or sticky paper to get rid of them.
    Dont need Natural Predators for Chavs - Chav hunting has been legal since King Henry VIII's time.

Quote Originally Posted by ME!!!
    A chav is a second class citizen.

Commonly dressed in a tactical burberry camoflage the Communus Chavus van be found populating most major city centres, their method of self defence ranges from kinves to syringes or their big brother Kev.

The Chavus Maximus Aberdonae or Glasgweegiae can be found in Scotland, most particularly Glasgow or Aberdeen but also in Dundee or Inverness. They wear Burberry also, but have a more violent streak. The most common drink they use is a nasty cheap wine called Buckfast.

The Chavus Taffus resides in Wales and is similar in all respects to the Communus Chavus except they have a silly accent.

And finally the Chavus Cocknus Londinium can only be found in the illustrious capitol of Britain - London, the city of the Queen, the seat of parliament and the homes of the Chav Assembly - The Assembly is a monumental crowd of Chavus Cocknus Londinium but also contains Chav immigrants, notably the Chavus Maximus Glasgoweegiae or the Chavus Taffus but occasional Aberdoniae can be found there as well.

Chav hunting was made legal by Henry VIII in 1535 under section IV paragrapgh VII of the Chav Hunting Act (1535)-

"Thy Communus Chavus hast commited a crime - They shalt be hunted from this place and executed by hanging. Chavus Hunting requires a licence distributed from thy local militia or town watch. To hunt a chavus one must use a Longbow or a Tactica, Nuclear Warhead - any other method is unsporting but special permits may be given to Chavus hunters who wish to hunt with Dogs - IT must be known tho, that once thy Chavus hath gone to ground they may'st not be dug up upon pain of knifing."

That was the last known entry on Chav hunting, but the act has not been reppealed yet so it is still in force.
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

I don't see what's so bad about them. If they want to act like that, then why not let them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hapsburg
    I don't see what's so bad about them. If they want to act like that, then why not let them?
    They can act like that by all means as long as they don't cause trouble, however, although I hate to stereotype, most chavs (round my way anyway) do.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsomyr
    Click on the Link, just imagine that, x10, hanging around bus stop's shopping centres and public car parks. That's why we Brits do not like Chavs
    Last edited by Rĉdwald; July 25, 2006 at 05:49 AM.

Rĉdwald

RĈDVVALD TYTTLING ESTANGLE CYNING
    RĈDVVALD REX ANGLORVM ORIENTALIVM

Quote Originally Posted by Horatious Maximus
    just imagine that, x10, hanging around bus stop's shopping centres and public car parks.
    I don't really have imagine it. Wiggas are a part of my country, too. It's just part of pop culture, and I'm used to it.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

From a unfortunate article about the deaths of two Tongan royal members to a discussion on chavs. What has this forum come to?

Kino's Avatar Citizen

Deleted by user.
    Last edited by Kino; January 16, 2007 at 09:51 PM.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
    "The dying, the cripple, the mental, the unwanted, the unloved they are Jesus in disguise." - Mother Teresa
    Under the patronage of Ardeur

Spajjder's Avatar Senator

Quite stupid...
    don't see why it matters if its a royal or not though
    Head Scout: You've got three days to earn a badge.
    Peter:Three days? That's tomorrow! We gotta get going!

carl-the-conqueror's Avatar Centenarius

i hate the boy-racers in there ford fiestas, they have spoilers, neon, sound boob, and all sorts yet still struggle to get up a hill

and to the people who say she should be treated equally, let me remind you this, if your head of government was run over would your country give the idiot 5 months and a warning? i doubt it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567