Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829

Thread: The Civil War - Priviews and infos.....(Last updated 28/01/2011)

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Default Re: American Civil War.....(Last updated 11/12/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Royal777 View Post
    I had a problem with CTD with 2.5, but I made sure I deleted all the ACW files before proceeding to the 2.6. I've only had 1 crash with 2.6, and I think it was because of a glitch when asked if allies should come to my aid (and I had no allies listed for me, the South).
    You should post your problems in "The Blue and the Grey" forum. This mod forum here is a different civil war campaign, which uses parts of our Blue and the Grey mod. It has nothing to do with B&G 2.6
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Default Re: The Civil War - Priviews and infos.....(Last updated 28/01/2011)

I'm confused. Why is husserltw working on 2 different Civil War campaigns? This one and the B&G campaign?

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1982 View Post
    I'm confused. Why is husserltw working on 2 different Civil War campaigns? This one and the B&G campaign?
    Before version 2.1 of b&g, we were just a battle mod and Husserl made a submod with a campaign for b&g. For version 2.1, we worked together to offer his campaign and our civil war stuff/battles in one version.
    After 2.1, the b&g team made an own campaign and Husserl made his one, using stuff like models and sounds, from b&g version 2.1.

So now we have 2 campaigns, Husserls version based on b&g and the one from the original b&g team.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1982 View Post
    As Hinkel said only B&G v. 2.1 campaign has my work included. After that B&G team tried some things of their own for their campaigns 2.5 and 2.6 and I went on developing my campaigns.

husserlTW - Like I mentioned before this is an excellent mod.
    I would like to change the unit land experience bonus and unit experience threshhold. I know the files are kept in the TWC Camp Cm folder in the bin file. I have been able to edit them but not been able to load them in the game. Is this possible and if, then how?
    With thanks
    The Dog of Namibia

Quote Originally Posted by trebornam View Post
    husserlTW - Like I mentioned before this is an excellent mod.
    I would like to change the unit land experience bonus and unit experience threshhold. I know the files are kept in the TWC Camp Cm folder in the bin file. I have been able to edit them but not been able to load them in the game. Is this possible and if, then how?
    With thanks
    The Dog of Namibia
    For the moment you cannot do that.

In diplomacy screen the CSA is shown as Scotland.

any description of the difference between the "Mission" campaign and the "Classic" for this mod?

Only in diplomacy? As far as I know one and the same name is used for all purposes. You cannot see in one place CSA and in another Scotland. Anyway, do you use another loc file from another mod? If yes remove it. Details about missions are in Installation thread.

Hi, I hope this is the right thread for this.

I've really been enjoying this mod so far, but I've run into some small problems playing the warpath campaigns. When I started a game as either side, the british seem very friendly with me ( i think as the union I started with an alliance), but if I play the Confederates, the British seem to start at war with the union and they tend to overrun them pretty badly. I didn't have the heart to start a civil war while upper New York was occupied by the English, so I waited to see if they'd win on their own, but even with regular cash gifts from me the Union was destined to lose when I gave up the game.

When I played the Union, the culprit was Mexico attacking the confederates, although they didn't do as well as the British did initially, I didn't wait around to see who would eventually win. Today I may try another campaign from this side to check. When I played either side, overall, it felt like the AI had a firm prejudice against attacking me.

In the classic campaigns I've played the starting economy for both sides feels a bit inadequate. You do start out with a lot of cash, which can do a lot if invested in your infrastructure, but it's usually been a pretty difficult balancing act to get the economy functioning, and it always involves disbanding some of my military. As the union the answer seems to be disbanding your entire navy. It costs close to 2000 per ship to have them, and with no navy my economy is just about where it feels it should be, that is to say, making perhaps one or two thousand once my initial investments are finishing their builds. It looks to me like the AI also has trouble with this, but I could be wrong there.

To be sure I'm setting things up properly, what difficulty would you reccomend playing at? I've been trying hard and very hard campaign difficulty, because once my initial financial troubles are dealt with and I've expanded a little, I find the AI has trouble keeping enough troops in the field. Also, is this mod intended to be played on medium unit sizes? They were very clear about that when I asked in the 'Blue & the Grey' forum, but I usually like big units.

Thanks for a great mod! Looking forward to more from you on this and your other projects.

custom battles work fine but cant get campaign to work have, dowloaded the file and put it in the data/campaign folder, go to grand campaign and dont find csa or usa on selection screen

Can one play campaign in multiplayer (MP campaign) ?

INSTALATION

UNPACK THE RAR REPLACE ALL THE FILES
    D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data
    C :\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4GSOK38J
    and this is the menu song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVyzll11EZc

this sound mod includ new shooting sounds on the loading screem
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=70KS6I5R
    this is the menu song for the this pack
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2F-drjUwNU
    pleas give your feed back

Hi! The ACW based on Warpath campaign link is broken. Could you mend it for me? Thanks.

I've joined ACW team and will not develop TCW further. Download the latest version here:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1627