Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ****Bug report (pls read before you ask questions!)

swabian's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Bug report

Lol. Yeah, i think that was intentional.

And there are some negative population growth bonuses on buildings that are actually increasing growth directly or indirectly. The intention is to keep population growth undert control, which means to remove the bonuses of some buildings. The negative bonuses work, as long as the sum of all modifieres regarding one aspect is 0 or greater. There are also negative bonuses on farms. It's clear that i cannot allow a population growth of +5% due to +10 farms, so i had to add some negative bonuses. There are some positive growth-point left hwoever. Most growth is caused due to farming, but also hygyienic inftastructures can give growt as well as some temples. The maximum pupulation growth with food imports should be 6 or 6.5 or so. The intention is to reduce the number of decisive battles and to make the pop. size an important resource. You have a few armies and if you lose too much of them, you lost te game. Thats imo a very important aspect of the strategical concept.

cheers

I give up.

I've installed mods before but this is the hardest time I ever had.

Nothing seems to work.

I read all 6 pages of the bug report and tried everything everyone mentioned.

When I double click I at a screen with a map and a red dragon and nothing after that.

I let it run to see if something will happen after a few minutes, but nothing.

I get a sound like an error message or something, but I can't see what it is. I try to CTRL-ALT-DEL, but for some reason it won't lower my game window. All i get is the Map background with the red dragon in the middle of it.

I have to ESC to get out of it.

Sorry to read that. Did you try the thing with the dump0000 file ?

Also try to delete the Map.rwm

btw. i never had this kind of crash with any RTW mod yet... *sigh*

Uhd's Avatar Laetus

A couple of quite uninformative building descriptions:

Thanks for reporting this. ATW doesn't actually do much with the names/descriptions of buildings ATM, so it's likely that many, or all of the buildings will be given historical names and descriptions for each culture in the future. It's still useful to know which ones are broken.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Can't you put some more mirrors for the protection error fix? The websites either have me going in circles or making me register.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

imthefrgt10's Avatar Senator

Cavalry will not recruit in any settlements in the faction Eotenas

<HonorGlory> You weren't here when the deal between me and Octavian took place.
    <Aristocrat> deal?
    <Aristocrat> Ill leave that alone actually
    <Evariste> No I wasn't. Corrupt bargain eh? Maybe it's better to leave the past in the past.

Are you sure? I've just checked and it seems to be working for me. No cavalry units will be available initially, you need to construct a stable, but then you should be able to get the basic Germanic cavalry (Eored), you'll need to build more advanced stables to get the higher-level cavalry and Eoten elite cavalry.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

imthefrgt10's Avatar Senator

ive built stables and it will spend money and recruit them but they do not show under the army tab, no unit cards nothing

<HonorGlory> You weren't here when the deal between me and Octavian took place.
    <Aristocrat> deal?
    <Aristocrat> Ill leave that alone actually
    <Evariste> No I wasn't. Corrupt bargain eh? Maybe it's better to leave the past in the past.

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

I have a problem with ATW. I keep on getting the error:
    "Script Error in bi/data/export_descr_building.txt, at line 197, column 1
    Unable to find image path (specific or generic) for core_building."

I opened the export_descr_building.txt but the option "Go to" (or Ctrl + G) under the "Edit" tab in the toolbar is disabled somehow, which is crazy, so I can't solve this problem myself. Can anyone help?

Gavmundo's Avatar Senator
    Morecambe, UK ... in the realms of the North!

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter The Conquerer
    Can't you put some more mirrors for the protection error fix? The websites either have me going in circles or making me register.
    It shouldn't do! This link.... http://rapidshare.de/files/32168302/Dump0000.rar.html

shouldn't be a problem! If you've downloaded a file from then prior to downloading this file it will tell you to wait two mins but doesn't force your to register. You can still select a free download. I downloaded two files and was told i had to wait a couple of mins to download but i just waited ... no problem at all. If you have no patience then that's your problem, maybe you didn't understand the messages, maybe you did and there's another problem which most users don't get but i downloaded from this location with no problem at all.

Okay, my friend and I have been trying to play this wonderful mod online for the last couple days, but we always seem to come up as non-compatible, so we can't join each other's games. I have no problem hosting due to any firewall or router issues, so it's nothing like that.

The technical it gives us for the error report is.
    Mine: ck: 5F0A8218: 0
    His: ck: 5F0A8218:619E563A

We've both tried uninstalling the mod and RTW, then start with a clean slate and reinstall them both exactly as we should, but we just can't seem to get it to function. This is the first mod that has given us this problem.

Any help is appriciated.

Ok, I've found a bug.
    If an enemy army blockades a port by sitting one of their armies on it and you win the battle trying to remove them then the game will crash after trying to load the campaign map. I assume this has to do with the victory animation and the removal of the "siege animation".
    I first found this bug as Dal Riada on their northernmost Britain starting province. (I cannot remember the name sorry).
    Chasing the enemy off the port with greater numbers then defeating them on a normal battlefield works fine.

Great mod though, keep up the great work. (And if there is a simple way to fix this please let me know).

edit: -show_err yields no error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavmundo
    It shouldn't do! This link.... http://rapidshare.de/files/32168302/Dump0000.rar.html

shouldn't be a problem! If you've downloaded a file from then prior to downloading this file it will tell you to wait two mins but doesn't force your to register. You can still select a free download. I downloaded two files and was told i had to wait a couple of mins to download but i just waited ... no problem at all. If you have no patience then that's your problem, maybe you didn't understand the messages, maybe you did and there's another problem which most users don't get but i downloaded from this location with no problem at all.
    I found the problem. Something on my computer was blocking the timers and downloads.
    Last edited by Moosferatu; September 10, 2006 at 05:06 AM.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by cra_z_guy
    I have a problem with ATW. I keep on getting the error:
    "Script Error in bi/data/export_descr_building.txt, at line 197, column 1
    Unable to find image path (specific or generic) for core_building."

I opened the export_descr_building.txt but the option "Go to" (or Ctrl + G) under the "Edit" tab in the toolbar is disabled somehow, which is crazy, so I can't solve this problem myself. Can anyone help?
    Heycrazy guy

I can help, open your note pad, and de-click on word wrap. Problem solved....this drove me mad for days!

Now that bug is an unkown...i have never seen that message

Some buildings with wooden walls on the campaign map have stone walls "IRL", with banners on the walls from the original factions (huns, romans ect).

yup. that'll be solved in the next patch.

When will psrites be added Just so i know?

Im going on a trip in like 1 week and going to be playing non-stop on a low-end laptop

Its odd, I get protection error on both my PC and my laptop :/

It may have been reported already, but I found that if I try and resize the thick 'shield wall' formation (its one of the later ones, it is a densely packed formation), the game freezes. I can use this formation without right click and trying to change the width and height, but if I do do that, it'll crash. (This is without the new patch)

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver
    Heycrazy guy

I can help, open your note pad, and de-click on word wrap. Problem solved....this drove me mad for days!

Now that bug is an unkown...i have never seen that message
    Never heard of that bug before?
    Hmm..I'll just uninstall RTW and reinstall it again. I'll see if I can get it to work this time.

By the way, thanks for helping with the notepad thing. That thing made me crazy too.