Thread: [Released] A Character Traits Overhaul

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default [Released] A Character Traits Overhaul

Here it is. Something I could never find when I started out playing vanilla with a few small add ons. A complete overhaul of vanilla's traits.

You will experience various leadership systems, many new traits, a detailed rework of many trait names and bonuses.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jz3ad2

Here is an excerpt from VnVs.txt

Example Title
    Rb M't (a lower Carthaginian military rank)

Description
    This man has been away from any Carthaginian infantry troops in the field for one full season. At the end of this season, if he is still away from any Carthaginian infantry troops in the field, or resides in a city, he will be considered to have completed his service as a Rb M't, and will receive the title of Former Rb M't (if he does not already have this trait), which will bring him increased political influence once he has completed his assignment with the Carthaginian Army.

Effects
    As a Rb M't, he will receive a +1 command bonus due to the experienced officers assisting him with the accomplishment of his military duties. As long as a Carthaginian character does not end more than one full season away from any Carthaginian infantry troops in the field, he will retain the rank of Rb M't. If a second full season has ended with him away from any Carthaginian infantry troops in the field, he will be considered to have completed his service as a Rb M't, and will receive the title of Former Rb M't, which will grant him a +1 political influence bonus.

Installation Instructions Simply unzip to desktop, open up the traits folder copy everything inside and then go to the desired mod data folder or RTW's main data folder and paste it inside. Warning, this will not work for mods that add more than the generic cultures. (generic cultures=roman,barbarian,carthaginian,eastern,egyptian & greek)

Enjoy!
    Last edited by z3n; December 05, 2012 at 09:32 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Released] A Character Traits Overhaul

Nice, thank you for this, it is really good and necesary.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Released] A Character Traits Overhaul

Thanks predator. And there's a new file attached to the end of my post, I uploaded my test files by mistake.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)