Thread: Need an advice

Laetus

Default Need an advice

Hi guys,I'm new to the forum,The rig below is the one I have,but i'm not really a computer expert.
    The thing I wanted to know is if in your opinon it will be able to run rome 2 in decent settings,i don't ask for ultra but at least high... I was thinking about upgrading the processor,which probably is the weakest part,do you think spending 200 or plus euros to change it with the motherboard will worth? I know that rome 2 requirements have not been told yet,but i wanted an advice with your experience which surely is better than mine.

Motherboard Msi 870s-g46
    Amd phenom 965 xii quad core 3,5 ghz processor
    radeon 7850 2gb overclocked ddr5
    Ram 2x4gb
    750 watt power

Default Re: Need an advice

Quote Originally Posted by Keegany View Post
    Hi guys,I'm new to the forum,The rig below is the one I have,but i'm not really a computer expert.
    The thing I wanted to know is if in your opinon it will be able to run rome 2 in decent settings,i don't ask for ultra but at least high... I was thinking about upgrading the processor,which probably is the weakest part,do you think spending 200 or plus euros to change it with the motherboard will worth? I know that rome 2 requirements have not been told yet,but i wanted an advice with your experience which surely is better than mine.

Motherboard Msi 870s-g46
    Amd phenom 965 xii quad core 3,5 ghz processor
    radeon 7850 2gb overclocked ddr5
    Ram 2x4gb
    750 watt power
    well the good news is you have enough wattage and gpu is fine so yeah i'd go for a new cpu+mobo. cheapest intel quad you can get to around 4.5ghz....you'll have to get an aftermarket cooler as well and perhaps better ram.

haswell is out soon so i'd wait to see what happens on that score.

not saying your cpu is bad per say but a decently overclocked ivybridge has a lot more grunt. when a game is well optimised you will really see a nice jump (however total wars arent so well optimised yet, that said intel and a beefy cpu speed is a big help).

Laetus

Default Re: Need an advice

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    well the good news is you have enough wattage and gpu is fine so yeah i'd go for a new cpu+mobo. cheapest intel quad you can get to around 4.5ghz....you'll have to get an aftermarket cooler as well and perhaps better ram.

haswell is out soon so i'd wait to see what happens on that score.

not saying your cpu is bad per say but a decently overclocked ivybridge has a lot more grunt. when a game is well optimised you will really see a nice jump (however total wars arent so well optimised yet, that said intel and a beefy cpu speed is a big help).

Thanks man,looks like i'm gonna save some money for june so that i can take one of the new intel processors.